88 replies to this topic

#81 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 00:12

I know this has been suggested before, because I have suggested it before...

Monthly wouldn't make sense and wouldn't inspire activity, except a brief flurry towards the ends of months.

So no DQer, no Arena, blah, blah. Still like the idea. 

HCS?

#82 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:33

So just curious.. If you're saying that boats should be stripped of #1 because nobody can pass him, shouldn't you also point out how placeboo has controlled the richest player for so long. Or Luis has controlled the top smasher for so long. Or how Luis has controlled top bounty hunter for a long time.

Sorry but I think if you get to #1 then you should get to stay at #1 as long as you didn't cheat.

Boats hasn't done anything more than ones I have mentioned above and deserves to stay there until someone passes him

ill give you the TL:DR since its obvious you didn't read anything I posted ... I am advocating at some point in the not to distant future that  a system be implemented that is more fair by eliminating the ability to just have the "Best Player" spot strictly due to the amount of money you have sunk into the game through upgrades.. Pay to win #1 spot has been dealt with before by removing the ability to purchase exp % upgrades beyond EOC.. and it worked for a long time,but now the ability for anyone to even strive for Best Player with banked quests has been far surpassed with an obscene stambank.

Now that i have had a moment or three to think about it .. a very easy solution to this is to directly tie the daily tick of the best player medal to the # 1 spot on the Rising Stars list .. Each day would have a new Best Player and this would perhaps bring some or many that have retired back to strive for a new medal.. and this does not benefit me in the slightest as my hunts never raise my rank more than a few points.

Edited by UrcK, 01 November 2016 - 03:42.

#83 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:45

Perhaps the medal would be more fitting if it worked like...

Rename the current Best Player medal to, 'Level Dominator'.

Create a 'new'  medal based on some top rated lists.

Level (overall top 250), Richest, kill streak, Bounty Hunter, Rising stars, Arena, SE kills and PvP smasher.

Call this one 'Best Player'.

So essentially at midnight ST the game would take a reading of these lists, if each list has a different leader, no BP medal tick for anyone.

If a player manages to become top of more than one, while no other player has, player gets BP medal tick.

There should never be 'joint' best players. So if Player A was top of two lists and then Player B become top of 2 other lists, no BP tick would be had until only one player dominated again.

I think this would be a more fitting solution to the 'term' best player. It would also make adding some more top rated lists have a little more point. Top Fragger (most fragmented items), Top inventor, Top DQ'er etc etc.

The more top lists for this system the better IMO. Make the best player truly need to be a jack of all trades and highly active.

I've always agreed this misnomer should be corrected. It's funny to see where each player stood two years ago when this original thread was started: https://forums.hunte...571#entry954369

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#84 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:49

there are many solutions .. perhaps give a best player tick to the #1 player of each month each day .. this would create monthly competition so many people are earning this medal at once and only grows as the game ages ...

#85 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:11

there are many solutions .. perhaps give a best player tick to the #1 player of each month each day .. this would create monthly competition so many people are earning this medal at once and only grows as the game ages ...

Sure if it can be done retroactively.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#86 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:14

Sure if it can be done retroactively.

not sure it has to be done retroactivly but it'd be nice .. but surely it would be better going forward

Tho i guess since titan medals went retro anything could?¿

Edited by UrcK, 01 November 2016 - 04:15.

#87 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:48

Personally I have the pointless medal,It does not and never has reflected who is the no 1 player all it represents is the person who has spent the most stamina / fsp to achieve it.

If you want it level level some more increase your max stam tank.

Someone used to have in their bio " I haz opulence" if you really do you can change this situation not only for yourself but also your guild.

#88 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:05

I like to asked eoc players take a look at the game seriously and decide if you want stagnant lists that will not attract new players to the game. 

The problem is that many in this game do not care about new players, and only about themselves.

The global chat is a good example. Players prefer to post nonsense there, instead of answer a question from a noob.

That being said, as long as there is competition for to ranks, it is a matter of pay to win. Not much will solve that, whatever we come up with to solve this. This game needs an ending, preferably with a reset to do the content again. Problem with content solved. The big thing should then be on who can level through the game most often. That, to me is the only viable way to solve this whole matter. It would still be pay to win, but at least smaller stam banks can compete.

#89 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:58

I'm sure the cows didn't intend for one player to be able to hold the number one spot for years at a time .. just like they didn't intend for one guild to be able to control titans .. and as with the titans .. this broken system needs fixed.

The system is not broken though? This player used his resources to get there. 

You obviously dont understand that this was an issue before and that the cows did deal with it by removing the ability to just 'buy' levels away.. this was an unforseen problem that should have been dealt with then.

That was a totally separate issue. We didn't want people buying their way to the No.1 spot. We wanted them to get there by playing the game. That's what the player in question has done.

There's no loophole, there's no rules breaking, there's no broken system. 

Now, this thread has pretty much descended into flaming and trolling each other.

*Locked*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: