Photo

So just in case someone out there is against it,,,,

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Poll: So just in case someone out there is against it,,,, (131 member(s) have cast votes)

Should pvp ladder hits be unbountyable?

1. yes (97 votes [74.05%])

Percentage of vote: 74.05%

2. no (34 votes [25.95%])

Percentage of vote: 25.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 KrypWalk

KrypWalk

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 00:25

Adding on from earlier. I saw this from a post that 'paingwin' posted. 
I agree with this completely. 
"I disagree, bounties for ladder hits are not needed in anyway. The bounty board was meant as a punishment for unwarranted PvP hits. The ladder is OPT-IN, meaning those that play the ladder KNOW they will get hit. They should not be able to bounty a hit they knew was going to happen."

#22 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:11

"I disagree, bounties for ladder hits are not needed in anyway. The bounty board was meant as a punishment for unwarranted PvP hits. The ladder is OPT-IN, meaning those that play the ladder KNOW they will get hit. They should not be able to bounty a hit they knew was going to happen."

+1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#23 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:18

My vote is "no". Pvp prestige and smasher medel kills should always have a risk of bounty. And as both of those are part of ladder hits, bounties should be available to place.

+2

We can't make the things easier for ladder players, if you want to make ladder hits not bountyable, just make them as GvG hits, without gold or experience losts...And i think that can't be a good thing.

#24 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:33

+2

We can't make the things easier for ladder players, if you want to make ladder hits not bountyable, just make them as GvG hits, without gold or experience losts...And i think that can't be a good thing.

the ladder will never be like GvG conflict kills.... ever and comparing the two is slightly ridiculous

How is it that stopping someone from sending a person to the bounty board for a hit they knew was coming in order to help themselves makes it easier? It just makes the system more fair.  

ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#25 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:40

I lobbied for the pvp ladder to be bounty free months and months ago, when Hoof & co were listening to ideas for how to re-work the bounty board. It always puzzled me as to why the people that practically demanded the bounties stay, wanted them to stay. :S

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#26 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 15:17

+1

This says it all

#27 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:09

No, EVERY pvp hit is bountyable. If you remove bounties, you may as well remove xp loss, and the hourly hit ratio, and then you can call it the pillow fight ladder. So again. My vote = No.

#28 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:37

+100 and thank you! This is a big reason for this,,you OPTED INTO A CONTEST and therefore should not be able to use or abuse it by bringing in outside help!

A couple posts about removing exp and gold loss,, no that should stay its pvp ladder and that risk should be there.

one bounty per reset, I still think its like saying you can send in some help in the 10th round if your boxer isnt doing well,, again opted into a contest not a group fight

Finally to the other post,,, you call it the pillow fight ladder already and have forever now.

#29 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 21:32

I have to ask the 2nd player involved for permission to leave their name on but look at the bounty board right now for a great example of what a noob and sore loser does with this open loophole.

And of course I have asked him and he said no so the shot will have that edited out but anyone can ask me who it was and ill be happy to share :D Last time he did this his excuse was "he didnt mean to opt in" and therefore deserved to post all the hits he got.

Anyone else do the math on how many levels they actually could lose on this?

EDIT

Another thing that needs removed,,PvP Protection: 21h 23min

This is from the bio of the guy who did the posting, you should not be able to sign up for the match then run out of the ring

#30 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 21:43

ladderbounty_zps893b9b8f.png

Asked if ok to post his name,, 

21:28 23/May/2013
Report Message ] maher91 says: Hahahahhahahaha...... Sure m8... :D ... Was thinking the same :D   [ Reply | Buff |Trade ]

#31 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Canada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 00:09

Well, I think all arena hits should be bountyable also. Since you are fighting someone else in the game, which makes it pvp, except you don't control your character.

#32 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:18

LOL and GvG too,, great point!

#33 KrypWalk

KrypWalk

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:16

Well, I think all arena hits should be bountyable also. Since you are fighting someone else in the game, which makes it pvp, except you don't control your character.

+1
Change arena. Each round a player goes through is an abled bounty hit. It is player vs player.

#34 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,816 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:09

It does not make any sense at all. You are partaking in a competition. We will not add Bounty Hits to the Arena OR GvG.

#35 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:38

+1 to no bounty's on PVP ladder

...no to Arena..

...Yes to GVG...

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#36 Bruut

Bruut

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 May 2013 - 18:24

voted YES, the ladder is for individual players to battle it out. Without the threat of being deleveled for every attack you do, by their 'friends' or guild.

Grimm said:

"It does not make any sense at all. You are partaking in a competition. We will not add Bounty Hits to the Arena OR GvG."

and i agree.

Would be silly to have it attached to arena as people choose to participate.

Having the option to bounty for a GvG attack would be weird to, i have done 100 hits in defense, which would mean -500 levels if i defended my guild against some that attacked us .... so NOOOOO please :)

avimax_zps9d2c373f.jpg

#37 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 21:03

It does not make any sense at all. You are partaking in a competition. We will not add Bounty Hits to the Arena OR GvG.

Thats what most of us are saying,,, pvp ladder is a competition too. By opting in they should void the right to bounty those attacks.

#38 KrypWalk

KrypWalk

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 22:33

I think this sums up everything. The Ladder is a competition. If there are no bounty hits on arena or gvg, why should the ladder have it? 

#39 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 15:48

I had forgotten about the being able to bounty every hit change.   

- I'm not a pvper so take these with a grain of salt.

What if: 

- Bountying while being a part of the ladder removes you from the ladder until the reset (the person setting the bounty, not the person being bountied). 

and/or

- The ability to bounty a hit from a ladder attack is nullified at the usual time or at the end the time the ladder resets (whichever comes first)

Not a bad idea.

I'd compromise to this.

It's better than how it works now.

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

#40 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 May 2013 - 17:43

Definitely yes! That way no bountying noobs will dare join the ladder. I would definitely play ladder again if this was implemented!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: