• This topic is locked This topic is locked
860 replies to this topic

#21 BlackSun

BlackSun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:10

Hoof can you please just confirm that a succesfull hit on the bounty board means you cannot be bountied back.

In our proposed suggestions, you could still be bountied back, however players attempting the bounty would be limited to 10 stamina attacks.

Again this is only a suggestion :)

This is the only thing I don't like. There have been times I have been bountied and deleveled by a group of players for a 10 stamina attack that did not even cause XP loss. Under this rule I would have no recourse at all. I would rather see that only the WINNER of the bounty would be limited to 10 stam attacks on a counter bounty, and only if he/she had used 10 stam attacks too. If a bounty hunter is 100 stamming, they should be able to bountied and 100 stam'ed as well.

#22 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:10

Also I think there should be a minimum number of attacks on the bounty board - most likely 10, as this will help reduce any abuse of it for PvP Rating transfer in conjunction with the other suggestion change for only applying the transfer to the player that actually completes the bounty.

Why not remove rating all together from the bounty board?

Hoof can you please just confirm that a succesfull hit on the bounty board means you cannot be bountied back.

In our proposed suggestions, you could still be bountied back, however players attempting the bounty would be limited to 10 stamina attacks.

Again this is only a suggestion :)

I think this suggestion is seriously flawed, as Abhorrence example shows ...

#23 fs_shadrick

fs_shadrick
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:15

Hoofmaster wrote:
Hi all,
I think we should ditch the idea of the loyalty potion that protects from PvP. I wasn't overly sold on this idea in the first place to be honest.
Good thinking there hoof.

Hoofmaster wrote:
Also I think there should be a minimum number of attacks on the bounty board - most likely 10, as this will help reduce any abuse of it for PvP Rating transfer in conjunction with the other suggestion change for only applying the transfer to the player that actually completes the bounty.
Or, if your intention is to stop pvp transfer on the BB then Have no pvp transferred on the BB!

Your intention is to help sort out the pvp ladder right? Then if you take pvp transfer out of the BB equation that would solve that part of it right? Then you would not have to mess with the BB at all beyond that. No setting stam limits, no playing with minimum hits, no lack of counter bounties................I'm fine with inactives being immune to pvp and I like the +/-10 past 200 for target range. Maybe even expand it beyond that for every 200 levels?

#24 fs_shadrick

fs_shadrick
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:17

Why not remove rating all together from the bounty board?

This is what I get for typing slowly.............

#25 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:18

What happened to the idea of changing to a "gain" based point system?

It would be my assumption by the way Hoof is talking of them that all the suggestions except the opt out potion-opt out thus far are still on the table, and rather then rehashing them once again like on thread 2, he is simply adding to the list on this one :) I hope

It seems like he forgot about it, or doesn't like the idea now. Just wanted a little feedback from him about it as he asked about it in another thread about a week or more ago.

#26 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:20

Or, if your intention is to stop pvp transfer on the BB then Have no pvp transferred on the BB!

Your intention is to help sort out the pvp ladder right? Then if you take pvp transfer out of the BB equation that would solve that part of it right? Then you would not have to mess with the BB at all beyond that. No setting stam limits, no playing with minimum hits, no lack of counter bounties................I'm fine with inactives being immune to pvp and I like the +/-10 past 200 for target range. Maybe even expand it beyond that for every 200 levels?

I agree with you entirley, except the minimum bounty hits has been needed for a while to stop abuse of buying the BH medal. I know that doesnt have to do with rating, but while they are addressing it, why not fix it?

I agree completely with taking rating off the board entirely, but the main argument against it is the high levels having less targets to work with for pvp not having a way to partake. Not that I share this point of view, but I figured I would sum up the argument against it from the last two threads for you :)

#27 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:27

I agree with you entirley, except the minimum bounty hits has been needed for a while to stop abuse of buying the BH medal. I know that doesnt have to do with rating, but while they are addressing it, why not fix it?

I agree completely with taking rating off the board entirely, but the main argument against it is the high levels having less targets to work with for pvp not having a way to partake. Not that I share this point of view, but I figured I would sum up the argument against it from the last two threads for you :)

+1 get the old issues fixed while fixing the new proposals : D

#28 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:33

with all the ideas coming from everyone its almost impossible to tell what they will do until they release it and then players will moan

As you often say... Can you stay on topic please and give some good feedback here? :roll:

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#29 BlackSun

BlackSun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:39

Also, if this does go through.. make sure that counter-bounties limited to 10 stam attacks are clearly identifed on the board as such. I dont want to spend tickets on bounties for players I wish to delevel (without fear of being 100 stammed via counter bounty lol) to find out i can't 100 stam them.

#30 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:44

A counterbounty should be limited to whatever stam the hunter used.

#31 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:48

The Bounty placer will decide the minimum stamina per hit and the number of hits.

This allows the bounty placer to set the retribution as they see fit.

If i attack someone with only 10 stamina, that should be the max amount of stamina they can set for clearing my bounty..so if i steal gold or try to delevel someone on the bounty board using 100 stamina, then they can place a bounty on me for up to 100 stamina hits..

Outside the bounty board, if an attacker loses the combat, they lose XP, gold and PvP Rating.

This keeps PvP completely fair. There are no longer any safeguards against failing your attacks against other players. The winning defender cannot be Bountied.

*thumbs up*..but making pvp rating transfer in the 'successful' defense might be open to abuse with trading easy pvp rating..ie ppl losing on purpose to give their ally some pvp rating..yes they lose xp too but it will only be 1% of their level. this will essentially gives friends the ability to gain PvP rating twice an hour, i attack my buddy and then my buddy loses against me..we could use Gloat and Honor to get even more easy PvP rating

Increase the PvP target range to +/- 10 over level 200.

Widens PvP for experienced players while still protecting newer players until they find their feet in the game.

so say im at level 205 and i attack a level 195...can they still hit me back?

Players cannot be attacked after 30 days of inactivity.

This is to prevent players from padding out their PvP ratings with 'safe' attacks, since inactive players will not Bounty them.

sure..the only good thing about hitting inactves before was to get their unused pvp rating circulating within an active system..but with a weekly reset, there will be no need to attack them or reward us for attacking them..keeps players XP safe too :)

A Counter Bounty is limited to 10 stam attacks.

A Bounty Hunter that is completing retribution on a Player who was placed upon the Bounty Board should not be unduly attacked in response for simply clearing a player from the Bounty Board.

ONLY if the bounty hunter used 10 stamina attacks to begin with..if they used 100 stamina, it will be up to the poster

Snap shot taken of initial PvP ratings upon accepting the Bounty. No PvP rating transfer during the bounty. Only the winner of the bounty will gain a PvP Rating transfer for the equivilent amount of attacks plus a small bonus for successfully completing the Bounty.
This helps prevent excessive PvP Rating loss for the Bounty Target while still allowing the Winning Bounty Hunter to gain PvP Rating for the Completed Bounty

*shrugs* i dont know..

#32 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:49

Make xp loss go both ways..from above and below

#33 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:51

Make xp loss go both ways..from above and below

Whoa boy, calm down :) I was wondering when you would wake up lol. Anyways, if you look at the first page of the thread, Hoof finally acknowledged this :)

With that said, your still missing XP loss for attacking downwards or upwards. Make it fair.

I don't see an issue with implementing this, especially in the higher band of PvP when it goes to +/- 10 levels for the attack range.

#34 abhorrence

abhorrence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:51

With that said, your still missing XP loss for attacking downwards or upwards. Make it fair.

I don't see an issue with implementing this, especially in the higher band of PvP when it goes to +/- 10 levels for the attack range.

You read the entire 3 pages right Reborn?

#35 abhorrence

abhorrence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:55

looking for other bounty hunters to join A***** B***** S***** . we are a group that delevls for fsp. pm me for details or questions.
More ...
i am the founder of this organized bounty team so if you have any contracts( any level i might find someone) it will cost you some gold or fsp pending on the level and mood .

So mercs will only be able to have a 10 stam bounty placed on them?

#36 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:55

You read the entire 3 pages right Reborn?

Nope :) was just trying to comment on the last thread of PvP suggestions lol :oops:..guess i didn't scroll down enough since its on the first page LOL

#37 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:56

About the minimum number of hits on a bounty...great, but also make there be a maximum. If the min is 10 like you said in the OP (I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, sorry), then make the max 15 or something, that way people don't get carried away (or 20...)

#38 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 July 2010 - 20:57

- hoof

10 minimum is fine - otherwise you just get the ""buying 1-hit bounties" to "cheat" their way to the bounty medal. Be interesting to make the number higher tho, so that the aggrieved can, if they want to, make it a 25 hit bounty. Could mix it up a bit ...

#39 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:00

About the minimum number of hits on a bounty...great, but also make there be a maximum. If the min is 10 like you said in the OP (I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, sorry), then make the max 15 or something, that way people don't get carried away (or 20...)

What about removing the choice altogether so everyone is subject to the same bounty of ten attacks? I mean, the 10 attack system has always worked, its the abuse through selling one hit bounties that is trying to be stopped. If you increase the maximum, it would likely result in the same thing only with people selling ten hit bounties instead :|

Edit- opps quoted the wrong person at first lol :oops:

#40 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 21:02

Not sure what options are still on the table, just that the loyalty pot is off?

+1 on the minimum bounty hit requirement being 10.

-1 on counter bounties maxing out at ten stam per hit.

+1 pvp periodic pvp ladder reset.

-1 on bounty placers dictating stam to be used to clear.

+1 pvp attacker losing gold, exp, and pvp points on a loss.

+1 increasing PvP range. :)

+1 message being generated for a deflect.

Thank you Hoof. :mrgreen:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: