Photo

Official Suggestion : PvP Improvements (rev. 6)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
976 replies to this topic

#41 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:14

@ hoof 75% and no pvp protection. OR 50%xp loss and pvp protection is available.

+1

+2

#42 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:14

If levelers have to pay 100 fsps a month to be protected I think pvpers should pay 100 fsps each month to pvp as well. its only fair

#43 BaiLong

BaiLong

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:15

If levelers have to pay 100 fsps a month to be protected I think pvpers should pay 100 fsps each month to pvp as well. its only fair

If you were to read all the posts you would see that this revision is about as close as we are going to get to fair.

Life isn't fair, suck it up cupcake.

#44 fs_dsjupiter

fs_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:16

75% is high. I thought 50% to be fair *shrugs*

There shouldnt be any rating transfer. It's been discussed many times. A cumulative scoring system. based on activity. Now If you attack someone and Lose? Then of course you lose xp, and rating.BUT they dont gain anything. That part makes sense.

So let me get this straight,

Player X is on the BB, players A attacks and wins. No rating transfer just normal xp and gold loss.
Player A attacks again and loses, and loses rating? No matter the levels of the 2 players if they are in the same band or not?

What i mean by transfer is You lose rating.. and i gain it. IE: I TAKE your rating.<-- we dun want that ;)

We suggested rating GAIN.

Play A clears player B, and gains rating.( player B loses NO rating)

Player A dies when trying to clear player B , Player A loses rating ( player B gains NO rating)

Ah, ok now I understand. Yes that would be much better because if you gain rating from me losing while attempting your bounty again one of these days then thats not cool :P

#45 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:16

If you were to read all the posts you would see that this revision is about as close as we are going to get to fair.

and this is coming from one of the biggest arguers against it in previous threads LOL

#46 fs_liuskoj

fs_liuskoj
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:17

No, it would be fair if we had to pay 100 fsp to be protected from leveling. But it's much more expensive...

#47 fs_eaus

fs_eaus
  • Guests

Removing the opt in/out option makes this the one aspect of the game that everybody is forced to take part in, no matter what bells and whistles you tie to it. Not everybody can afford PvP protection, regardless of the price, so levelers will be farmed for rating like they used to be before the opt in/out option was so wisely added.

#48 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

[*]Remove the need for the PvP Ladder opt-in/out by reducing the xp loss by 75% when a player has 0 PvP Rating.

A little too low.. We want players to see a reason to place bounties or hitting back. If the loss doesnt bother them they won't. If you stick by the 75% reduction though, I think we should have an increase in gold stolen.

[*]PvP Rating can only be gained once from a player who has a PvP Rating of 0. (This prevents players not wanting to participate from being hit hourly for PvP Rating).

Then I'd like to see the 75% reduction of XP loss only count for this first hit?

[*]If you are defeated in combat (attacking or defending), you will lose 50% of the equivalent PvP Rating you would have gained if you won the combat. Note that your PvP Rating can never be reduced below 0. Note also you can only gain PvP Rating when initiating combat.

Like Maehdros mentioned, score should only be lost if you initiated the attack.

[*]Reduce the cost of the PvP Protection and the Protect XP upgrade (XP Lock).

Again, can we have XP lock removed for the rest of the reset period if you initiate an attack?

The rest of it looks allright.

#49 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:18

No, rev 5 was more fair sorry

#50 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:18

Ah, ok now I understand. Yes that would be much better because if you gain rating from me losing while attempting your bounty again one of these days then thats not cool :P

Correct, If i could gain rating from you losing it would open up point feeding and more collusion.Which we dont want, nor need.

#51 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:20

[*]Remove the need for the PvP Ladder opt-in/out by reducing the xp loss by 75% when a player has 0 PvP Rating.

A little too low.. We want players to see a reason to place bounties or hitting back. If the loss doesnt bother them they won't. If you stick by the 75% reduction though, I think we should have an increase in gold stolen.

I had suggested double gold gain in a previous thread? And agreed. Less bounties will be placed if hits are barely noticable

[*]PvP Rating can only be gained once from a player who has a PvP Rating of 0. (This prevents players not wanting to participate from being hit hourly for PvP Rating).

Then I'd like to see the 75% reduction of XP loss only count for this first hit?

I agree

[*]If you are defeated in combat (attacking or defending), you will lose 50% of the equivalent PvP Rating you would have gained if you won the combat. Note that your PvP Rating can never be reduced below 0. Note also you can only gain PvP Rating when initiating combat.

Like Maehdros mentioned, score should only be lost if you initiated the attack.

[*]Reduce the cost of the PvP Protection and the Protect XP upgrade (XP Lock).

Again, can we have XP lock removed for the rest of the reset period if you initiate an attack?

Very good point, meow

The rest of it looks allright.

#52 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

If i hit a player for gold and i get automatically opted into the ladder? What if i have no interest in playing the ladder? It would be like automatic punishment for playing a part of the game i love. :(

I think the relative term to dismiss is Opt in / Out - we've become too comfortable with this reality. Before any of this nonsense you were awarded rating for your PvP efforts - it's not punishment to entice others to respond by PvP you - if you want to discourage the incoming PvP - you're then looking to have a one way street. The frenzy of people jumping into the mix will be short lived. There will still be lots of soft hitting. Someone wants to play with you, drop 100 stam at a time & see how long it lasts. Support a change that presents an overall improvement from this system we are living in now.

#53 BaiLong

BaiLong

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Wasn't fair to the PvP'ers.

Being able to compromise is a great life skill. Try it, you may like it.

#54 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:21

did you not read my post about the last revision? you only gained total protection form experience loss if you were opted into the ladder. if you were a opted out leveler you would still lose 100% experience when hit. how is that better?

#55 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

I repeat that I am against, the loss of XP must be equal for all players, i don't think fair

#56 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

when you wear mostly low level gear you rightfully deserve every 100stam that comes your way, to be fair sorry.

#57 livingsin

livingsin

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:22

Rev 5 was segregation plain and simple.....its not hard to see that....we're reducing xp loss by 75% what do you want? SUCK IT UP AND DEAL

#58 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:23

#59 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:24

did you not read my post about the last revision? you only gained total protection form experience loss if you were opted into the ladder. if you were a opted out leveler you would still lose 100% experience when hit. how is that better?

Because I would have opted in.

#60 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 17:24

@ hoof 75% and no pvp protection. OR 50%xp loss and pvp protection is available.

I prefer No protection... so i can participate in that risky gold hits at high levels :)
yea remove protection hoof ,there's a potions already will hide the gold (and add some invent-able potions to hide the gold )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: