• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ShedoSurashu

ShedoSurashu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:29

Whenever I attempt to start the game, there would be an error with java, here's the error message I get.

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: gbloader/GBLoader : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:217)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.defineClassHelper(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:1078)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.access$100(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:64)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader$2.run(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:1055)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.findClassHelper(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:1019)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Applet2ClassLoader.java:130)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:259)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:189)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:170)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Plugin2ClassLoader.java:721)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Plugin2Manager.java:3148)
	at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Plugin2Manager.java:1536)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)
Exception: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: gbloader/GBLoader : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Any tips?

#2 xrxr1

xrxr1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:17

does anything load at all?

Ranger - levels  -Alchemy 49 . Foraging 49 . Skinning 49 . Leatherworking 49 . Cooking 49 .  Forestry 49 . Cooking 49. Prospecting 49 .  Weaponsmithing 49 .  Farming 49. Fishing 49 . Crystal Cutting 49. Jewelry 49. Tailoring 49.   Armor smithing 49.

Done all the hard yards  - Crafted and Gathered everything myself in Beta version and currently as well..

#3 djinmo

djinmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 November 2013 - 13:04

I am also not getting into the game :o  I'm not getting response  at all 

Fallen Sword, Legacy Online, Sigmastorm, Gothador

djinmo

Eldevin :  dale,dann,russ,djinmo&bently

#4 daco

daco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 November 2013 - 17:15

Same i do not get response from game. Something is not working

#5 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 November 2013 - 17:50

Is it a Firefox25 problem?  In the address bar, to the left of the URL do you see a shield icon.  If so, click it to temporarily allow the site to load.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#6 ShedoSurashu

ShedoSurashu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 18:47

does anything load at all?

Nope. It will show a splash image then a blank Java area with an error indicator up top. Clicking on that indicator shows me the error message I posted on this thread.

Is it a Firefox25 problem?  In the address bar, to the left of the URL do you see a shield icon.  If so, click it to temporarily allow the site to load.

I'm using Safari so I guess not.

#7 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 November 2013 - 19:58

Regarding the new FF security, possibly Safari implemented something similar.  Here's my post on that issue for FF: This might also be your issue, djinmo.

That error message usually means your using an incorrect version of Java.  Check the Java Control Panel for the version you have.  If you don't have the latest, try upgrading.  You can also check the version here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

If you have Java 7.45 or later, try restoring security prompts in the Java Control Panel under security.

Check the thread 'FAQ:  Game doesn't load'.  In particular, clear the Java cache.  If it still fails, post the java console log, along with some system information (especially operating system, browser name and version).  Also, be as specific as possible as to where it fails, and what you are seeing.  For example, are you on the screen with the pillars?  Also from that thread (assuming you're on Mac), try both the openJDK and Oracle JDK.  Apparently, sometimes one or the other works better (?).

(note:  in the advanced tab of the java control panel, turn on 'debugging->enable tracing' to have the system write the console information to disk.  In Win7 the file is placed in 'Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\log'.  Or you can just cut and paste.)

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#8 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 20:36

I made a post about this yesterday, as I was able to log in and play on friday, and now when I try to log in I just get a message about some player packs, and when I click them away I get a picture of the entrance to game, and that is it, it just stops there

#9 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 10 November 2013 - 20:39

I've been trying to get it to work on my pc for days through Firefox i don't see a shield ever.. 

my kids are getting frustrated cause they can't get on and I'm getting frustrated cause i can't get it to work.. I've trued uninstalling Java and reinstalling Java clearing the Java cache and Firefox cache..and resetting the security prompts but i get nothing i get stuck at the pre loading page.

I'm using Win XP on my PC the latest version of Firefox and the latest version of Java..i have no problem getting it to load with chrome (but i have it set my way and won't let my kids use it) so it's definitely a problem in Firefox 

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#10 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 21:34

yes, must be a firefox problem, as I just tried logging in via Google Chrome, and although I had to tick a box saying allow Java to run this application, I was then able to log on. Never got a message like that on Firefox at all. but at least I was now able to log in to game.

but I still miss my badge saying eldevin beta tester

#11 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 November 2013 - 22:05

same problem with firefox here. that "right click on shield solution" is working for me. i finally can access the game. thx bryn

#12 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2013 - 23:32

We're working on ensuring the game loads better across all browsers. This will most likely go live with the next beta build :)

#13 ShedoSurashu

ShedoSurashu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:19

Check the thread 'FAQ:  Game doesn't load'.

Ahh it says minimum version is JRE 7. I have 6 and when I check for updates, there doesn't seem to be one for Java.

#14 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:38

Are you checking for updates on the Java website itself?

Also this might be of help in some cases:

http://java.com/en/d...ble_browser.xml

It seems with Safari in particular sometimes it's being a bit brutal in disabling Java.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#15 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:33

Ahh it says minimum version is JRE 7. I have 6 and when I check for updates, there doesn't seem to be one for Java.

If you are on a mac you will need to be running Mac OS X version 10.7.3 (Lion) or above to run Java 7. Also there are plenty of problems with Java and Macintosh as detailed here: http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58599

#16 ShedoSurashu

ShedoSurashu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 14:33

Are you checking for updates on the Java website itself?

Also this might be of help in some cases:

http://java.com/en/d...ble_browser.xml

It seems with Safari in particular sometimes it's being a bit brutal in disabling Java.

I can play RuneScape without problems so I think I have Java set up alright.

If you are on a mac you will need to be running Mac OS X version 10.7.3 (Lion) or above to run Java 7. Also there are plenty of problems with Java and Macintosh as detailed here: http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58599

I'm at Snow Leopard and can't update to Lion because of some project-related circumstances. Is there a way to allow the game to run on Java 6 instead?

#17 myakka

myakka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:27

Eldevin was working just fine until about a week ago.  Now when I try to load it I get to the splash screen with 6 different colored lights, and the pop up to buy the founder pack and then it stops.  I do have FF25 -- and I think my pclinux OS may have updated it recently.  It has been disappointing that it has suddenly stopped working -- but I thought maybe it was down for maintenance in prep for the November release.  Seems it is my issue. 

I will try to see if I can get this sorted out.

#18 myakka

myakka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:43

They are right above.  There is a shield I can click on to override FF25's blocking the Eldevin server from loading!

Hooray for a fix... even if only a temporary one!

#19 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:18

Hooray for a fix... even if only a temporary one!

If you don't want to bother with the shield, go to 'about:config' and change 'security.mixed_content.block_active_content' to false.

Warning:  This disables the new feature entirely, on all sites.  Instead of the shield, you get the unlocked icon as a silent warning when a secure site sends you non-secure data.

I'm at Snow Leopard and can't update to Lion because of some project-related circumstances. Is there a way to allow the game to run on Java 6 instead?

Don't have a mac anymore, so can't test it.  But maybe this will help?

(wow, didn't know I could do that.  By pasting in just the link, the video gets embedded?)

Edited by Irradiated, 12 November 2013 - 04:25.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: