• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 markaaron

markaaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 18:20

A simple idea here to add some new "useful" Rewards to the pvp ladder and maybe bring some more players into the pvp ladder. Instead of just adding more items to make why not add some bound potions for each play style? (PvP, leveling, titan hunting, farming) These potions would have to be bound as to not instantly flood the market with them and thus making them worthless and not encouraging players to play and earn them.  

These potions could have a building system similar to the composing, in that the more tokens you use in them the stronger they become (capped at a reasonable level of coarse) and also used to increase duration( also capped).  The potions would need to be strong enough to make a leveling player want to use there stamina to earn them. I feel that AL level 300 would be a fair buff level for example. 

This is just a suggestion and would love feedback and other ideas from everyone here.

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 18:59

New potions, rewards in general, for the PvP Ladder are highly needed.. Don't wish to see the same old buffs used though.. Offense/Defense and a splash of Special buffs should be the rewards.. Multi buff potions would be a plus (talked about in the past).. Nothing TOO overpowering for too cheap, but something worth spending a couple tokens on.. 

I think we would see more activity if the potions aren't bound.. you'd add in guildmembers who are supplying guilds and merchants who are supplying the public.. you are going to want to make the PvP Ladder profitable to bring in all sorts of players

Hoping they have something planned for when they take the bounty system out of the ladder :) it's gonna be bloody and the more players involved, the more fun!

#3 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 20:28

I always advocated bound consumables as rewards for ladder play - love this idea Mark.  One of the main reason is there are so many people in ladders collecting tokens waiting on quick profit means -which due to the sheer amount of them - will equate to no boost of activity if new gear is released.  It will be far more economical to buy -and most in ladders will tell you what a joke it has been collecting them with little to no effort.  Consumables that are bound offer opportunity to breath life into the ladders - you want the prize - play the game. 

Don't shy on the rewards though - if you can't offer something better then that of what global events offer - why are people going to feel inclined to play - make them attractive.  Bound is the key

#4 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 20:43

One of the main reason is there are so many people in ladders collecting tokens waiting on quick profit means -which due to the sheer amount of them - will equate to no boost of activity if new gear is released.  It will be far more economical to buy -and most in ladders will tell you what a joke it has been collecting them with little to no effort.  Consumables that are bound offer opportunity to breath life into the ladders - you want the prize - play the game. 

Good point and message!

Those tokens are going to be consumed up eventually.. But how fast, what type of flood will there be.. Would be neat to see how many tokens are out there  ^_^ The limited gear can't have used up much, especially over this amount of time.. 

#5 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 21:12

Sometime,, someday we are supposed to get bound pots and new gear already. This would work great for the same reasons for GvG,,just sayin when the current roadmap is done and we got stuff like FSP bank put in this would be great to add

#6 valithor

valithor

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 22:26

I would definitely play pvp more if there was something to use the tokens for besides gear I don't need! Great idea on the potions, and making them good enough to be worth spending stam on. Too many people are just sitting on their ladders collecting tokens. Stir it up!! Excite the real pvp players again and bring some life back to the pvp. I think a similar reward for gvg hits would be great as well. Both aspects of the game need a breath of fresh air. Make the game competitive again.

A drawback I could see to having them not bound would be the larger guilds would simply find players to sit on the ladder fully buffed 24/7 and farm the ladder for pots for the higher level players.

#7 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 00:51

Binding only these rewards yet not Arena or Titan ones is bogus!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#8 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 00:56

I think the idea of having them bound is to force people to participate to get the new shinies.

I guess they could/should do the same with arena, not really sure it would work or even 'should' work with titans though.

Titans are a sufficiently different aspect as to not be clumped together with these I think?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#9 markaaron

markaaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:17

Maybe we could find a balance between bound and un bound. Have the strongest potions personally bound and the other ones that could be created guild bound perhaps?

#10 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:32

Why bind them at all? If you want balance, then bind ALL rewards or bind none. I'm so tired of seeing one aspect of the game getting discriminated against while nobody has a problem with other rewards. There is NO difference between how a Titan is rewarded and how the arena is rewarded. They are both unbound. Some are more valuable then others in both.

Next comes the moronic argument that the current tokens should somehow be devalued because the current system is weak. SO WHAT! If you want to throw your hat into the Ladder, shut up and do it. Don't just sit there and complain. Step up.

Every player has the capability to join any ladder(past level 25 or whatever). The same is true for arena and Titans, level permitting. If the concern is getting people involved then sweeten the pot, don't restrict it!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#11 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:00

Why?

The Arena would certainly die an die a terribly fast death if the rewards were bound. However Ladder Pots provide a positive incentive - however if the pots are bound they won't de-value and it would push more people to take part in PvP<--- This seems like a good idea a win win situation to me.

Titan hunting and making them bound - well this venue gets a lot of participation and I am not sure making an epic titan item bound would provide an incentive for more and more to do it <---- if titans weren't doing as well as PvP I could see this idea growing or going some where but at this time I would have to say no to bounded titan items.

In terms of Pvp Pots only being bound <---- I like it my self - Mainly cause it's an incentive to draw more people into it and that's what we are looking for and need right.

- Chazz.

#12 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:40

I'm so tired of seeing one aspect of the game getting discriminated against while nobody has a problem with other rewards. There is NO difference between how a Titan is rewarded and how the arena is rewarded. They are both unbound. Some are more valuable then others in both.

Agree.

I do not know why I have to participate in something I do no want just because of the reward. Why not using an unique token and let the player decide which prize he wants. That is why some things are overpriced. If I want a Bobanarts or other item I have to pay more than I can pay for the item made of it. Kind of crazy thing.

Making something complicated or difficult does not mean you will get something good. Keep things clear and simple and we will have more fun. The game have different rules accordingly to some unfair thinking. If it is to be bound, so be it for all, not a few things.

dilbert-input.png?resize=538%2C241

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#13 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 15:47

Argued that up and down when the idea came up, getting gear left unbound and pots bound was the best I could get and yes the argument about arena titan and even RP stiff was brought up. As you mention pvp is the most discriminated part of the game.

#14 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 15:56

In terms of Pvp Pots only being bound <---- I like it my self - Mainly cause it's an incentive to draw more people into it and that's what we are looking for and need right.

- Chazz.

How does binding any potion rewards draw more players to the Ladder? Wouldn't unbinding them allow more players to profit, like Titans and Arena, therefore attracting more players to the Ladder? So what's the incentive?

[Signature removed]

#15 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 16:14

How does binding any potion rewards draw more players to the Ladder? Wouldn't unbinding them allow more players to profit, like Titans and Arena, therefore attracting more players to the Ladder? So what's the incentive?

From a distance - All or nothing in all aspects may seem more positive Luis, 

By having the PvP pots bound - they can not be sold - people will want them [especially if they are good] - those who have stacks of coins will have them available which is a plus - those who don't can join the ladder to get them which is an additional plus <------ this especially is the biggest plus because we want to create a incentive that draws people to play and learn the aspects of PvP more - if the pots are available in the AH they would allow people a way of obtaining them without having to PvP  <---- PvP Incentive is not intended to increase the financial aspect of each PvPer in game but to get more people to take part in PvP so they learn the concepts and actively play them.

Currently what makes the Arena work so well is that things are purchased and sold of course through competition and not bound to players. If we were to bind those items the Arena would need constant update other wise once the vast majority have the items (and obtaining them would be a joke as they would be too easy to get) the Arena would die.

In the PvP ladder this would have an opposite affect - more and more would join the ladder and buy the said potions [ I wish, that I could create the potions for PvP or have a say in helping HCS design them so both non PvPer and the hard or semi core PvPer benefit from such <---- would seriously prove to be a huge success actually.

Titan hunting seems to be doing well right now - hence no reason to offer a change to a venue / area of the game that is working [ " if it's not broke don't fix it" <---- A saying that applies here well]  Plus those who are accused of using scripts or what not can be looked at and if found guilty will be punished accordingly as HCS has told us which should increase participation in this area even more so.  Other wise if this part of the game was lacking and hurting as much as PvP is right now I would be open to ideas even if needing to bound the said Titan items but again at this time I don't believe that's needed.

Hope this helps explain and shed some light - again this all about drawing more people into PvP and having them learn and benefit from their experience of learning with continued incentives to play and practice what they have learned.

- Chazz

Edited by Chazz224, 02 April 2014 - 18:21.

#16 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Canada

Posted 02 April 2014 - 16:39

In my opinion what should be done is reset everyone's pvp ladder tokens to zero (0). Then introduce new rewards so that the people who took advantage of an easily abused system can't flood and make stupid profits from them and everyone will have an equal chance at getting them.

Another thing that should be addressed with the pvp ladder how it is currently set up. Firstly, I would suggest that when you want to opt in to your ladder band, you should have to chose the band you are in, then the opt in button should be there for you click opt in. Secondly, when you click the opt in option, a page should be brought up that explains what can/does/will happen while you're on the ladder (ex. Be prepaired to be hit every hour from the time you opt in until the ladder resets. -- You can/most likely/will be hit with up to 100 stamina hits (the more stamina used, the more exp you will lose)). And last, I would like to suggest that the admins get involved with this. Admins should step in and give warnings to people who are joining the ladder looking for free tokens and ticks towards their dominance medal, and remind them that bountying ladder hits poor etiquette (things should not be free, they should be earned)(Also double dipping). Reiterate that there is a chance that they will be hit more than once, and that hit will most likely be with 100 stamina (since it's one of two ways to get the smasher medal). People who are posted on the bounty board for ladder hits should be able to report that player to admins (you guys) and that's where you step in and explain. Their first offense should be a warning. Second offense should be them getting removed from the ladder, and if that ladder resets, that player should have their rewards taken away from them for it. Third offense that player should have their stamina set to 0 (not to harsh as a suspension I would love to suggest).

Edited by vastilos, 02 April 2014 - 16:40.

#17 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 17:26

In my opinion what should be done is reset everyone's pvp ladder tokens to zero (0). Then introduce new rewards so that the people who took advantage of an easily abused system can't flood and make stupid profits from them and everyone will have an equal chance at getting them.

Another thing that should be addressed with the pvp ladder how it is currently set up. Firstly, I would suggest that when you want to opt in to your ladder band, you should have to chose the band you are in, then the opt in button should be there for you click opt in. Secondly, when you click the opt in option, a page should be brought up that explains what can/does/will happen while you're on the ladder (ex. Be prepaired to be hit every hour from the time you opt in until the ladder resets. -- You can/most likely/will be hit with up to 100 stamina hits (the more stamina used, the more exp you will lose)). And last, I would like to suggest that the admins get involved with this. Admins should step in and give warnings to people who are joining the ladder looking for free tokens and ticks towards their dominance medal, and remind them that bountying ladder hits poor etiquette (things should not be free, they should be earned)(Also double dipping). Reiterate that there is a chance that they will be hit more than once, and that hit will most likely be with 100 stamina (since it's one of two ways to get the smasher medal). People who are posted on the bounty board for ladder hits should be able to report that player to admins (you guys) and that's where you step in and explain. Their first offense should be a warning. Second offense should be them getting removed from the ladder, and if that ladder resets, that player should have their rewards taken away from them for it. Third offense that player should have their stamina set to 0 (not to harsh as a suspension I would love to suggest).

Taking all those tokens away is extreme & unfair imo.  Why not create new type of tokens to be requirement to make any new gear they may come up with to prevent the instant devaluing.  The idea in releasing new things is to promote people to play - simply adding new unbound rewards is not going to do anything to do that.  There would be such a flooding of the rewards into game from current token holders - they would instantly be low value, and the same people playing now would be playing then. 

Why bind them at all? If you want balance, then bind ALL rewards or bind none. I'm so tired of seeing one aspect of the game getting discriminated against while nobody has a problem with other rewards. There is NO difference between how a Titan is rewarded and how the arena is rewarded. They are both unbound. Some are more valuable then others in both.

Next comes the moronic argument that the current tokens should somehow be devalued because the current system is weak. SO WHAT! If you want to throw your hat into the Ladder, shut up and do it. Don't just sit there and complain. Step up.

Every player has the capability to join any ladder(past level 25 or whatever). The same is true for arena and Titans, level permitting. If the concern is getting people involved then sweeten the pot, don't restrict it!

Good memory; I may be the first moron that originally thought the watered down efforts were not worthy of new rewards in prior debates on this, still do to a degree, but my focus isn't on personal gain or loss - isn't me crying because I am incapable or unwilling - it is to promote activity - for global betterment.  I really don't care either way this ends up - I'll either be buying, or earning the rewards in future pending how this pans out.  Would be nice to see more active ladders though

Edited by Ryebred, 02 April 2014 - 17:38.

#18 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Canada

Posted 02 April 2014 - 17:40

Why is taking the ladder tokens away extreme and unfair? I gaurantee that a majory of people that have tokens got them by abusing the system, so they should be taken away. You want to cry because you can only earn something by abusing a broken system? Be thankful I didn't mention anything about having the dominance medal ticks taken away also (since the ladder started), since, well, that was pretty much as much of a freebie like the ladder tokens were.

Starting everyone on equal grounds seems more fair than to let people who abused a system to control the market with the new ladder rewards.

Edited by vastilos, 02 April 2014 - 17:45.

#19 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 17:53

The majority of medals earned in FS come from people abusing a system.  I agree with what you are saying 100% - but there must be a small % of players that approached the ladders honestly; worked hard to achieve tokens they have, and ticks they may have - why punish them because a bunch of rats found a button that gives them free cheese, and kept pushing it.  Rolling back ticks, and tokens isn't going to roll back all the fsp earned from the abuse.  I'd like to move forward in a real system - have not played ladder myself in 2 years (still have tokens unspent)  because I refuse to partake in the joke of a venue it has become. 

#20 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 18:00

Please no road Rage guys ... LOL

Here is a great idea:

Keep all PvP Ladder gear " UnBound" which is fair <---- But let's add a twist to this. We want to create healthy incentives that will create a desire for people to learn PvP - Practice PvP - most of all Participate in PvP.

I agree with Rye's point by  allowing any new items to hit the auction house this would de-value the items fast and this would counter act any incentive to get people into PvP if they can pull out their credit card to gain items. Now at the same time nobody wants to see bounded PvP items [ITEMS and Potions are different] as this may seem very harsh.

Their is a BALANCE to this though to keep it fair for everyone and maintain a Healthy PvP Incentive as well here is what I suggest:

Upon any Player using their PvP tokens to create a " NEW ITEM" this Item will be bound to player for 129,600 minutes. [No I am not kidding. 129,600 minutes is a 3 month duration which consists of 30 days and 90 days total]

By doing this and keeping items Bound for this particular time period will keep the PvP ladder alive and very active for those who do not wish to wait 3 months to obtain gear that some players will have day 1, they must join and Opt into the Ladder or wait. For those who have the tokens and gear they can sell it for profit once the time limit has expired. 3 months is a fair amount of time = anything less would not be reasonable as it would counter act the incentive and people would not participate in PvP. This is about getting more people to try PvP and if we allow them to buy these items at the start they will not try it and would continue to prove as a fail as it has so far, hence why items being bound for this precise amount of time is ideal. 

3 months may seem like a long time to wait and some people may feel - the "ones with money can wait" My reply to this is yes they can and they can lose arenas - miss out on gear opportunities and watch rivals pass by them with an edge, for 3 whole months or 90 days, and by this time I predict many will give in to the temptation to join the ladder and participate in PvP. Which would work as a plus for the over all of the community.

If I am wrong - the Ladder gains potions that our bound to players which will keep people playing and active. The gear will maintain value given the unlock vs sell feature on it. So either way right or wrong this works as a very nice incentive for everyone over all and would serve the community here very well.

Just my thoughts

- Chazz

Edited by Chazz224, 02 April 2014 - 18:07.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: