12 replies to this topic

#1 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 13:20

Hello all

Mozilla in their infinite wisdom have decided to unilaterally switch on "Clear history when Firefox closes" for Cache, Site Preferences and Offline Web Site Data as shown here.

Clear_History.png

If you want FSH to remember certain preferences and logs then you will have to turn this back off again. You can find it in Options -> Privacy & Security.

Luckily this only effects the parts of FSH that have been migrated to the newer storage model. Things like the new guild log, monster log, combat log, buff log, fsbox log, your preferences for guild, individual, composed potion inventories and the arena.

I suspect that the reason they have done this is because they are working on a new storage API which will allow websites to ask for permission to permanently store data. This is a 'Good ThingĀ®'. One day in the future FSH will be able to explicitly ask for your permission to store data.
However, the new storage API isn't ready yet. Even if it was, web site developers would need time to re-engineer their code.

#2 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2017 - 19:28

since this update from mozilla, fshelper keeps making my firefox go unresponsive and very laggy.. tried running firefox in safe mode and had no issues but soon as i turn on my add ons ots laggy as hell :(

#3 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 20:41

During my hunt this morning I noticed there were no activated buffs showing in the view combat screen (new map).

#4 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 18:59

The latest game updates have caused some compatibility issues. I'm on holiday at the moment so they will have to wait until I get back home.

since this update from mozilla, fshelper keeps making my firefox go unresponsive and very laggy.. tried running firefox in safe mode and had no issues but soon as i turn on my add ons ots laggy as hell :(

Can you try to narrow this down please? How is it if you just disable Greasemonkey?

Mozilla are trying very hard to phase out what they call "Legacy" add-ons. To you and me that means the useful ones!

On a related note, I highly recommend Chrome. It seems a lot faster to me. For some reason we seem to have a disproportionately high number of FF users. I know there are certain parts of the game that are specifically written for FF but let's be honest, how long do you think FF is going to be around?

#5 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:23

Thanks for the continued work on the helper , and could you please tell me how to setup chrome to be able to fully use the helper. I tried to use chrome last year and had nothing but problems with broken images and left-hand tab listings ,so i removed chrome and went back to FF ,so far i have not had any real problems with the helper in FF ,but i am willing to reinstall Chrome if i can get it to work as well as FF ..thanks 

The latest game updates have caused some compatibility issues. I'm on holiday at the moment so they will have to wait until I get back home.

On a related note, I highly recommend Chrome. It seems a lot faster to me. For some reason we seem to have a disproportionately high number of FF users. I know there are certain parts of the game that are specifically written for FF but let's be honest, how long do you think FF is going to be around?

#6 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:12

Just install Tamper Monkey and then FSH as normal.

Let me know if you notice any issues.

#7 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:52

I do not particularly like the game in Chrome, I use Firefox but also prefer Opera to it Some years ago Helper worked perfectly in Opera now it does not at all.

How long will Firefox be around? as long as Microsoft want it to be.

#8 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 13:12

Ok very good New install on chrome added tamper monkey then FS helper and all looks great and normal again and also had FallenSword Shard offers reappear and that is a good thing .. Chrome for now looks ok and will test for a while and see .

Thanks Again  PointyHair 

#9 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:47

Quick extract and Invent do not appear to be working in either firefox or Chrome.

#10 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 October 2017 - 18:01

Can you try to narrow this down please? How is it if you just disable Greasemonkey?

Mozilla are trying very hard to phase out what they call "Legacy" add-ons. To you and me that means the useful ones!

i didnt know you could run fshelper without greasemonkey.. firefox is laggy as hell if i have any add ons running.. when i try to scroll page with mouse it takes a second or 2 then decides to scroll.. if i have a couple of tabs open and try to jump between them i get unresponding message for a second or 2 then it works,,

i dont think its an issue with fshelper, it seems mozilla has killed firefox, theres tons of people with same probs posting on net..

Edited by leefylee, 16 October 2017 - 18:05.

#11 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 October 2017 - 22:26

binned firefox and gone back to chrome, it now works sweet as a nut :)

#12 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:36

I do not particularly like the game in Chrome, I use Firefox but also prefer Opera to it Some years ago Helper worked perfectly in Opera now it does not at all.

How long will Firefox be around? as long as Microsoft want it to be.

Opera is just a skin over Chrome. FSH works normally in Opera as far as I know...

#13 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 20:01

Quick extract and Invent do not appear to be working in either firefox or Chrome.

I've just pushed out a patch for this. Let me know how you get on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: