35 replies to this topic

#21 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:02

lol. Give me my cake and let me eat it too. I farmed a ton and bought a ton. Tons of frag farmers available now and at much lower prices then I paid ;)

#22 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:07

I'm not overly fussed on the matter. I always forget to compose anyway, that's not really the point.

I'm just a little perplexed. There is only ever one common item added to content per 5 levels and it is always deliberately placed. Just saying it doesn't 'always' have to be placed in such an awkward fashion.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#23 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2016 - 19:59

I'm not overly fussed on the matter. I always forget to compose anyway, that's not really the point.

I'm just a little perplexed. There is only ever one common item added to content per 5 levels and it is always deliberately placed. Just saying it doesn't 'always' have to be placed in such an awkward fashion.

Seems you want your cake and you want it on a silver platter handed to you by a butler, IE the easy life, content then you can sublevel and frag farm and there was me seeing you advocate that this game should become more challenging. Well challenge can be, what choice to make ;)

Hypocrisy is the key to having your arguments thrown out the window due to lack of credibility...

Edited by Davros81, 07 January 2016 - 20:00.

#24 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 20:17

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, what??

New master realms WITH new content?? O.o

Yeah! The friendliest content release in 8+ years but you still only need to mega pot, wear some common items(pun intended) and hit 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. Any chance HCS can increase the challenge?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#25 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2016 - 20:34

lol No no luiss...

I always use 100% AM so it's actually just 1,2,r,1,2,r really fast, walk to doorway, rinse repeat.

New content will take about 10 minutes or so. (I think I still have gear that I use that is a thousand levels old too. Not 100% sure though. The potions mean I don't really have to check these things any more.)

On the plus side though, Hoof says we'll have a load more people to play with soon!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#26 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 22:36

It's been a couple years since I leveled outside of a 2xp event. For me it's become excessively boring. During those events for me it's actually 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, teleport, new level/realm, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, teleport, new level/realm, etc. I think my point is made. The outrageously overpowered potions ARE what is making the game ridiculously easy. The same content formula is old and tired. The pots are only getting worse in level and saturation. It's the 'go to' new change the developers rely on. We can only hope Hoof will revitalize this aspect of play and SOOO much more with the claim of a new growth in the player base.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#27 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2016 - 23:02

I remember years ago when Azuk became disheartened with the higher doublers (I think it was the greater doubler at the time) and the EW1500. Some of the games buffs are far too powerful to be honest. When you think of how much extra stats they can give. KE is a low'ish level buff but the stats you can create from it. (Because HCS bent knee to everyone when they kept asking for only 2-piece sets) Then along came CoA/CoD... These single handedly killed hunting setup variety. Do you remember when random amazing common/rare items were actually useful?

Adding potion forms to the already super-powerful buffs just fanned the flames to be honest. However, we really have to point the finger of blame at ourselves. HCS have just given us what we wanted, over and over again...

It's actually refreshing to see when they don't capitulate to our requests.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#28 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:59

It's not a massive deal, I mean there are so many frag events these days that people don't even need to frag farm.

Not true; I stopped leveling my composing (again) probably a month ago due to a shortage of commons. I see it as counter-productive to spend stamina to just hunt commons for leveling composing, so when I get very low, I just pause making the throw-away potions. I can make some nice potions already at my level, so I see no need to use stamina to keep leveling to composing EOC.

Do you remember when random amazing common/rare items were actually useful?

Yes. Sometimes I go back and look at my really old gear setup screenshots and laugh at the "junk" I wore.  :lol:

#29 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:52

You mean, "Choose whether you wish to sub level in order to harvest frags then walk across a load of maps to get back to where you need to be, or just ignore the common drops, level properly and wait for a frag event."

Nope. Players will sub level at the end of content. They always have. Now, you either do that, or you go back to the beginning of content and harvest Frags. We're not gonna make it easy for you to sublevel at EoC AND harvest Frags. Choose which you want to do.

Now, everyone stay on topic please.

New Content. 2826 - 2850.

#30 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2016 - 18:53

Fair enough Grim I thought you were being a bit malicious with your choice is all, perhaps not.

Still, 25 levels is pretty far to walk every time. Putting the common on any level creature other than the final one of content would solve the problem of sublevelling + frag farming I think?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#31 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 19:04

with Teleport and the point and click system of walking, 25 levels is easy to go back to..

#32 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2016 - 19:06

Of course, what am I thinking. Perfectly acceptable. Ignore me.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#33 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 19:14

New content will take about 10 minutes or so

what else are you going to do with your time if not walking?

#34 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2016 - 19:26

lol You seem to think I'm arguing about this for me...

55,048 62,789 36,249 13,132 12,613 6,620

This is my fragment count. I'm just thinking about the other players, who may not move around very fast, have stam in the tens of thousands etc etc.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Mister Doom, 08 January 2016 - 19:26.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#35 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 20:07

just make the common item that is dropped random,  in one of the 25th levels.. 
so everyone will have to search for it..
and well..  there will be a chance for the common item to be either on the first or on the last map...
it doesnt have to be pinned on the first creature of every new content..!

#36 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 21:07

I wonder how many level 2k+ players have trouble moving around and with too little Stam? Hmmm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: