Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 May 2021 - 22:00

Good afternoon Toreth!

I understand there may be frustration around how long it takes to get through the changes that the Players have asked for. There are indeed a number of buffs that still need to be looked at, but instead of throwing them at you all at once, we wanted to be a bit more cautious and allow Players to try out what we do change and then begin to give us feedback  :) I am very much aware of Tilley10's post. It is a great resource and full of constructive criticism that kickstarted these changes in the first place.

There are a few things we are working on in the background, so this has ultimately affected some other areas. 

What I can say though is that we do plan to bring some updates to the Arena Store, as well as tackle some of the gear issues.

We only ask that you bear with us! The team are also working hard on making the app the best it can be.

While I appreciate the quick response, there still lies the underlying issue of transparency with changes. As others have said, HCS should keep some of their cards to their chest - showing everything would take some of the excitement of surprises out of the game. And yes, while surprises are good, having EVERYTHING be a surprise could be detrimental.

A lot of the issues where changes need to be made comes down to a simple principle: We, the players, see and feel the effects of the changes first-hand whereas you all, the developers, generally gauge what needs to be changed based on numbers and project what's going to happen based on those.

I am a firm advocate for numbers as numbers don't lie - how they're presented can. We, the players, are the ones who are going to be the ones to provide the guidance needed for FS. You want ideas on navigating arena? There are players who know the arena. You want ideas on fixing the bounty board? There are a slew of players who have potential ideas. Yes, you all sit and brainstorm ideas to fix various aspects of the game that we all play, and that is greatly appreciated. The key component that's missing, though, is OUR input. We are the ones who are going to be divulging in the various aspects; I'd wager to say we're also the ones who have an idea about how to go about making overall better changes for the game we want to see succeed.

#42 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 07:15

I've tended to just read and not respond to this, as I have no clue how my thoughts will be taken but nevertheless, here goes:

When I was just a nublet in the world of Erildath, I was fascinated by each and every quest I would come to.  The stories behind them, the central themes of the quest arcs, captivated my soul.  For years and years there was not 1 day that I didn't log in to play, to socialize with my guildmates and the many friends and acquaintances in the old IRC channel, even to go to "war" or participate in some fun but friendly highway robbery, but what really called me back, day after day, was the anticipation of the next quest to come.  

After a time, Real Life reared its ugly head as it always does, and I had to be a way for close to 3 years.  When I returned, I was encouraged to do the Epic Quests, which I completed in a couple of days, and as my XP gains had taken me from about 375 to almost 500, I had a plethora of back quests, which I eventually came to an end of,  including Xindy (which I loved, btw, idk why so many hated it so) and only the Great Cow God himself knows how many replacement quest items were sent to me to reach this end.  

For some time, I have been frustrated by a few things regarding quests:

1. Present Darkness needs an end point, if nothing else, send us to Brother Richard or the Fairy to be told we've done a great job and collect our rewards to clean this 1 unfinished quest out of all of our quest books

2. Although BG did eventually relent to our constant whining and open the gates to Quango Island, there's still further for me to go there, and we have many many new players, especially with the limited release of the app, that may enjoy another release of this fun event.

3. I still have yet to do the Story Book Quests.  I know the author of these has a very crafty and intelligent imagination.  I would like to experience these for myself, as well and have new players and those of us veterans that were long away and have returned.

I understand that all of these things are no small undertaking.  I know that BG has stated that it would be ideal if content to the Quango and Story Book arcs had new content for my bigger brothers and sisters at EOC, but even many of them have not completed what is existing in both of these arcs, whether from not being near EOC when last released or from being away for an extending period of time such as I and many of my peers.    

Although I appreciate the frequency of things like Global and Legendary events, and the many new things, both known and only speculated to come, the lack of true questing leave me feeling like I'm missing something special, the very heart of FS that drew me in all those years ago.  As has been stated by many of my respected friends here, GE and LE events have become stale, and "just something to do with our stam" especially for those at or near EOC with humongous stam banks.  It's like being given a chips, salsa, and a glass of water by your waiter, along with the menu, then promptly forgotten by them, so that you never get to order what had promised to be a meal for the Gods.    Opening up these 2 quest events would have a big impact on FS, in my considered opinion, and would do much for the morale of the community as a whole, up to and including those skeptics that believe that not only will the app never be finished, but that is couldn't possibly be as wonderful as I know it is. If nothing else, those with negative feelings, whether about the app or the apparent lack of improvements, updates and even expansions will see that you really do hear the hearts of your people, for as much as this is a business for you, it is also your Domain, and we are your people.  

Thanks for listening, hope my thoughts and feelings are met favorably

~Love always, 
Penny

Edited by BadPenny, 12 October 2022 - 17:55.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#43 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 07:39

...3. I still have yet to do the Story Book Quests.  I know the author of these has a very crafty and intelligent imagination.  I would like to experience these for myself, as well and have new players and those of us veterans that were long away and have returned.

I understand that all of these things are no small undertaking.  I know that BG has stated that it would be ideal if content to the Quango and Story Book arcs had new content for my bigger brothers and sisters at EOC, but even many of them have not completed what is existing in both of these arcs, whether from not being near EOC when last released or from being away for an extending period of time such as I and many of my peers.    

Although I appreciate the frequency of things like Global and Legendary events, and the many new things, both known and only speculated to come, the lack of true questing leave me feeling like I'm missing something special, the very heart of FS that drew me in all those years ago.  As has been stated by many of my respected friends here, GE and LE events have become stale, and "just something to do with our stam" especially for those at or near EOC with humongous stam banks.  It's like being given a chips, salsa, and a glass of water by your waiter, along with the menu, then promptly forgotten by them, so that you never get to order what had promised to be a meal for the Gods.    Opening up these 2 quest events would have a big impact on FS, in my considered opinion, and would do much for the morale of the community as a whole, up to and including those skeptics that believe that not only will the app never be finished, but that is couldn't possibly be as wonderful as I know it is. If nothing else, those with negative feelings, whether about the app or the apparent lack of improvements, updates and even expansions will see that you really do hear the hearts of your people, for as much as this is a business for you, it is also your Domain, and we are your people.  

Thanks for listening, hope my thoughts and feelings are met favorably

~Love always, 
Penny

The Story of the Wicked Ratcatcher 1150 Rat Infested Village has been a throne in my side for 9 years since I cannot reach the quest to finish it :(

#44 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 07:45

The Story of the Wicked Ratcatcher 1150 Rat Infested Village has been a throne in my side for 9 years since I cannot reach the quest to finish it :(

*thorn

#45 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 20:42

I believe Combat set needs more upgrade maybe increase limit up to 200 or 300 , we are getting more gears and more level .

Edited by shindrak, 24 May 2021 - 10:51.

#46 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 10:30

Just a small request, can we have the diamond medals updated a bit so they don't look like various versions of fried eggs that you would, or wouldn't try.

#47 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 May 2021 - 18:53

Just a small request, can we have the diamond medals updated a bit so they don't look like various versions of fried eggs that you would, or wouldn't try.

and a new tier above and beyond diamond too ? - maybe Kryptonite or something ? LOL

Edited by Pardoux, 25 May 2021 - 17:53.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#48 Stojin

Stojin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 00:23

How to revive Fallensword:
Step 1. Get another server
Step 2. Make the server a whole different database with new characters and same maps etc

This will draw everyone to a new second server that they could play both if wanted, so that new gear generates new value, and FSP is harder to obtain in the beginning w/o purchase. Which should increase profits and draw new and old people to compete for the top again.

#49 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 09:14

OK guys, this is something that needs to be fixed sooner rather than later. This is just one of many "cosmetic" issues that have cropped up in recent times, the kind that are irritating rather than game breaking.  But if you read some of the things that new players say about the game, one of the foremost things they say is that it appears to be a dying or already dead game just based on what they see in "cosmetic" issues.  Devoting a tiny slice of your valuable time for this sort of thing will go a long way to instilling confidence again:

9196372422.jpg

There used to be a prompt in the message, to accept or decline friend requests on your profile page which linked to the allies management page.  Now, most of us veterans do know how to find this on our own profiles, but I have to admit I was hard pressed to remember this detail myself....  Now, I have no idea why this was removed in the first place, but it's off putting and confusing even to those of us that know what to do, a newer player is going to have no idea, and those with "ignored" friend requests can likely feel snubbed or slighted when that was not the intention....

Edited by BadPenny, 26 May 2021 - 09:15.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#50 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 May 2021 - 09:27

How to revive Fallensword:
Step 1. Get another server
Step 2. Make the server a whole different database with new characters and same maps etc

This will draw everyone to a new second server that they could play both if wanted, so that new gear generates new value, and FSP is harder to obtain in the beginning w/o purchase. Which should increase profits and draw new and old people to compete for the top again.

Or,

It will just divide the player base and do neither of your projected outcomes

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#51 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 13:27

New second server will not do anything, will turn into having the same problems as the main server in due time. Need to fix the problems on the server to do with supply, no amount of demand will fix the current supply issue on pretty much everything. Aside from economy, power creep needs to be addressed. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 26 May 2021 - 13:29.

#52 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 14:17

what i fear:

players get cows to be transparent. 2 seconds later, players attack cows for:

1. not understanding players
2. not understanding the game
3. being too slow to implement
4. introducing too powerful items
5. introducing too weak items
6. introducing too ordinary items
7. ...

in other words, the call to be open is really a trap for the cows.

#53 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 14:31

what i fear:

players get cows to be transparent. 2 seconds later, players attack cows for:

1. not understanding players
2. not understanding the game
3. being too slow to implement
4. introducing too powerful items
5. introducing too weak items
6. introducing too ordinary items
7. ...

in other words, the call to be open is really a trap for the cows.

You forgot the real catch-22.... too much change too fast.... Many FS players appear to be old fuddy duddies and stuck in their ways.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#54 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 15:38

You forgot the real catch-22.... too much change too fast.... Many FS players appear to be old fuddy duddies and stuck in their ways.

You would have to be living at .10x speed to think the game changes too fast  :lol:

#55 Stojin

Stojin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 15:50

Theoretically, the 2 seperate server idea wouldn't split player base, because while you wait for ur 150k stam to regen ur 1k stam regens in a day on the new server, keeping people playing both.

#56 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 20:56

Theoretically, the 2 seperate server idea wouldn't split player base, because while you wait for ur 150k stam to regen ur 1k stam regens in a day on the new server, keeping people playing both.

Although I'm sure you're heart's in the right place and this would appear to work, the FS community is still quite small in comparison to other games I have played as well as those I still do.  Most of those start out with many servers, opening more and more as new players trickle in.... only to merge those same servers a few weeks later, causing extreme disparity between those from the earliest servers and those that came later.  Most of these are what many consider to be pay2win games, and in a way they are, mostly a repetitive series of tasks and towers with the only purpose being get stronger than everybody else, but with no real goals further than this.  But FS is in no way a pay2win game, mainly because there is no set "win point".  You only need to be stronger than whatever critter you are hunting at any given time, and are truly only competing against yourself after all....  

As for stam, and the intricacies thereof, yeah, it's a pain to wait while stam fills, and I truly believe that more content designed to not rely upon stam, such as the arena or the caves, for example, would better serve to retain the interests of those that may become bored with the endless wait for full stam....

Edited by BadPenny, 26 May 2021 - 20:59.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#57 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 May 2021 - 07:47

there was a reason i didnt try a game earlier today, it looked like fun, tho on registration it offered four servers to create an account on, i closed the page.

#58 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 20:17

Hello! It has been too long since I have posted on this thread.

I have been mulling over something that seems a bit off to me. The level distribution for stamina gain relics is heavily skewed towards EOC. There are no stamina gain relics between 287-3905 while there are 30 from 3906-EOC (4786). See the list below.

1 Blue Chasm
28 Udan Sun Orb
34 Chaotic Symbol
48 Klar Worldstone
85 Despair Crystal
98 Temple of the Gods
286 Temple of Lightning

3906 Juggernaut Armour
3936 Orc Corpse
3996 Pirate Cache
4006 Fiddler Crab Shell
4016 Deep Coelacanth Corpse
4026 Yanrish Dust Tomb
4076 Charmers Spell Circle
4106 Muskox Carcass
4156 Swamp Ape Corpse
4196 Sea Witch Cauldron
4206 Bomb Stash
4246 Snowy Sepulchre
4296 Gnome Hut
4326 Giant Guano Pile
4356 Royal Guard Carapace
4386 Savannah Raptor Shrine
4406 Mamont Bonepile
4446 Horned Gouger Corpse
4466 Soullness Husks Pit
4506 Burning Barn
4536 Thrashing Vine Patch
4566 Desecrated Wood Shrine
4596 Shepan Grave
4636 Hag Fiend Cauldron
4676 Submerged Ruin
4716 Raging Pyre
4726 Flaming Grave Pit
4736 Karlilion Web Bundle
4776 Bull Bahamut Corpse
4786 Giant Conch

I think there is a good opportunity for this to be changed. I am not suggesting that they add more stamina gain relics in the dead zone of 287-3905. I would suggest that they spread the current amount of stamina gain relics between that zone. There is a precedent of updating existing relics (Klar Worldstone) and modifying their stats. The change would allow more levels to fight over stamina gain relics. As it stands right now, only EOC can reach them except for the lowest ones. The +4 stamina relics should be kept at the top of this as they provide the most benefit. More competition for anything is a good thing. I believe that this change would allow more players to partake in relic "wars".

Edited by Tilley10, 28 May 2021 - 23:08.

#59 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 May 2021 - 10:14

Hello! It has been too long since I have posted on this thread.

I have been mulling over something that seems a bit off to me. The level distribution for stamina gain relics is heavily skewed towards EOC. There are no stamina gain relics between 287-3905 while there are 30 from 3906-EOC (4786). See the list below.

1 Blue Chasm
28 Udan Sun Orb
34 Chaotic Symbol
48 Klar Worldstone
85 Despair Crystal
98 Temple of the Gods
286 Temple of Lightning

3906 Juggernaut Armour
3936 Orc Corpse
3996 Pirate Cache
4006 Fiddler Crab Shell
4016 Deep Coelacanth Corpse
4026 Yanrish Dust Tomb
4076 Charmers Spell Circle
4106 Muskox Carcass
4156 Swamp Ape Corpse
4196 Sea Witch Cauldron
4206 Bomb Stash
4246 Snowy Sepulchre
4296 Gnome Hut
4326 Giant Guano Pile
4356 Royal Guard Carapace
4386 Savannah Raptor Shrine
4406 Mamont Bonepile
4446 Horned Gouger Corpse
4466 Soullness Husks Pit
4506 Burning Barn
4536 Thrashing Vine Patch
4566 Desecrated Wood Shrine
4596 Shepan Grave
4636 Hag Fiend Cauldron
4676 Submerged Ruin
4716 Raging Pyre
4726 Flaming Grave Pit
4736 Karlilion Web Bundle
4776 Bull Bahamut Corpse
4786 Giant Conch

I think there is a good opportunity for this to be changed. I am not suggesting that they add more stamina gain relics in the dead zone of 287-3905. I would suggest that they spread the current amount of stamina gain relics between that zone. There is a precedent of updating existing relics (Klar Worldstone) and modifying their stats. The change would allow more levels to fight over stamina gain relics. As it stands right now, only EOC can reach them except for the lowest ones. The +4 stamina relics should be kept at the top of this as they provide the most benefit. More competition for anything is a good thing. I believe that this change would allow more players to partake in relic "wars".

couldnt agree more, wouldnt take long to add +2 stam gain to 5 current relics at lvl 500, lvl 1500 and perhaps lvl 2500.

#60 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 11:49

couldnt agree more, wouldnt take long to add +2 stam gain to 5 current relics at lvl 500, lvl 1500 and perhaps lvl 2500.

Even better would be totally eliminating 5 bad relics while upgrading 5 more.

Screenshot everything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: