18 replies to this topic

#1 Rosborough

Rosborough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 17:01

Hey all,

Was just thinking to myself about max stamina goals, and saw someone with over 600k max stamina. Now that's a GOAL....

But then thinking about the fact that max stamina gain Per Hour Upgrade is maxed at 25 still, After all these years! 

I know with the Implementation of epics, It begins to balance out for people with average stamina, but when it comes to players with high max stamina, it takes ridiculous amounts of time to reach full stamina.

With the current max stamina gain at +25, And the top epics max stamina being:

Gloves: Shadow Weave Gloves at +6      

Helm: Kraganaths Krushing Helm at +6      

Necklace: The Hunted Cows Amulet at +7      

Weapon: The Hunted Cows War-hammer at +7

Armour: Ridged Plate Cuirass at +7

Shield: Glob Encrusted Shield at +7

Ring: Flashing Casteye Ring at +6

Boots:  Boots Of Wyld Mari at +7

Rune: Colossal Glittering Snowball at + 5 

All Together, The Most Max Stamina Gain Per Hour, IF you're a minimum of 1750, You can have Max Stamina Gain Of +83 Per hour. ( Epic Quests not calculated, Nor the +50 you start the game with)

This Means: (83 x 24 = 1,992) Stamina gained in a day. OR (1,992 x 7 = 13,944) Per Week.

Technically due to the +50 you automatically start with the max is:133 Stamina per hour.

(133 x 24 = 3,192) Stamina gained per day. OR (3,192 x 7 = 22,344) Per Week.

This seems very low for the amount of stamina average for players of high levels tend to have, it could take weeks to reload to max stamina, Or Months, Even with the best epic gear available as listed above. 

And for the Lower level Players who have Big ambitions on Going for high Stamina goals, It seems a little Deterring due to the amount of time you would need between hunts!

Don't we want all players, Especially the ones who have been here longest and Put the most into the game whether through Time and Effort Or Buying all those FSPs needed for stamina and upgrades, To be as active as possible?

Is there any plan to make the Max Stamina Per Hour cap higher? I believe it would not only entice people to put more into the game, but it would help players get more out of the game as well.

Sorry for the Crazy long post guys  :P  :D

Gimme Your Feedback Please? Especially Said Person With 620,874 Stamina If They see this  :P  :P

P.s I know I'm not even at 10k Stamina Quite yet, But im workin on It  :wub:

Edited by Rosborough, 01 April 2017 - 17:11.

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2017 - 18:48

Seems like you've left out the endurance shrine (guild structure) stam gains and relic bonus.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#3 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 18:49

When people buy large amounts of max stam they know that means hunting once every few months, if that

I think the stam gain is reasonable atm, it's pointless to have it at a point where you can do whatever you want because you have no limits on stamina

Edited by Chooma123, 01 April 2017 - 18:50.

#4 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 20:34

Maybe if the OP had actually played for more than a couple months over the last 9 years. They would be a higher level with more stamina. :(

#5 Rosborough

Rosborough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 23:17

Maybe if the OP had actually played for more than a couple months over the last 9 years. They would be a higher level with more stamina. sad.png

I like to titan hunt, and do more than just level. Plus i have Chronic Health Problems... I play as often as i can, so thanks. 

Thanks Shardoom, I did in fact leave out the guild structures and relics. I didn't want to throw them in as it ranges guild to guild, and some relics don't offer any and  the ones that do can be hard to hold for 24 hours so I did't want to have to much variable math involved  smile.png  tongue.png  

I'm not suggesting an insane increase, nor taking away the cap. Because as Chooma said, Its pointless to be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want.  And it's understandable to have to wait a decent amount of time between hunts, Just wanted to know what the general consensus was of the people who have crazy stamina, Like is is worth it with what current max stamina gain is around at the moment?

This was about getting an opinion and Seeing others thoughts on the subject.  And thanks for the input from the people that Actually gave some on the topic at hand.

Edited by BigGrim, 03 April 2017 - 11:40.
No insults please.

#6 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:41

I'm not suggesting an insane increase, nor taking away the cap. Because as Chooma said, Its pointless to be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want.  And it's understandable to have to wait a decent amount of time between hunts, Just wanted to know what the general consensus was of the people who have crazy stamina, Like is is worth it with what current max stamina gain is around at the moment?

This was about getting an opinion and Seeing others thoughts on the subject.  And thanks for the input from the people that Actually gave some on the topic at hand.

My max stamina is nowhere near the heights of some of these players but I enjoy having a slightly larger stamina bank. It is all down to preference. Do you use your stamina often and enjoy doing so? Or can you be patient and allow your stamina to build? If you like to throw your hat in at most GE's or enjoy hunting somewhat regularly then a larger stamina bank may drive you mad having to wait a while between hunts. I typically don't hunt but if I wished to from one hunt to another providing I did nothing at all between the hunts it would take 31 days to refill completely. That's the negative. But the positives are that it makes your potion use much more efficient and worthwhile. If I chose to use a donation potion to hunt I'd be more happy to do so using 107k stamina than if I had 20k max stamina. I'd see that as not worth the use of the potion. Also a positive if your like me and loathe hunting is you only have to do it once in a while. :)

In regards to a stamina gain increase. It's been suggested before and shot down by the cows. But I don't have a problem with it. I would certainly max the upgrade once again. As would many others. Certainly an FSP sink for the cows and a potential incentive to donate. Nothing ridiculous in regards to an increase... Maybe 10 or 20 as a maximum increase. No more than that. With all the new powerful epics stamina gain is going through the roof anyway. A small increase is far from game breaking.

Nice post Rosborough. If your lucky a roaming hoof may see your topic and discuss it. :)

#7 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 13:21

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=54694

#8 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 13:49

this is the locked and pinned thread that lists "things that will never happen" created some 5 years ago

it includes 2 things that have since happened:

*you will never get more than "10 max stam for 2 fsp" on the upgrade page (this was before the flash sales)

*castable buffs will never go above 150  (this was before buff enhancer)

#9 Rosborough

Rosborough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 14:04

I did not suggest getting more than 10 stamina for 2 fsp? That rate is more than efficient :) and again thanks everyone for all the input :D

Edited by Rosborough, 02 April 2017 - 17:34.

#10 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 18:48

I did not suggest getting more than 10 stamina for 2 fsp? That rate is more than efficient :) and again thanks everyone for all the input :D

we know. But this however.

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=54694

More stamina gain.
(The limit will stay at 25/25. Except for the Starter Pack which increases the limit to 27/25.)

#11 Rosborough

Rosborough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 18:58

we know. But this however.
More stamina gain.
(The limit will stay at 25/25. Except for the Starter Pack which increases the limit to 27/25.)

Thanks for the thread attachment and the input on the subject :)

There have been many changes in the past 5 years and we can hope that with the potential of the game evolving and expanding both update wise and player-base wise, that things may change with time.

5 years is a long time, and as we see the current player-base consists of people who have been here for a while and not too many new people coming and staying, Compared to past times, Maybe this will change as well.

Edited by Rosborough, 02 April 2017 - 20:51.

#12 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 17:01

I love this game allot, sadly my friends trying this game dont agree with me, they found that stamina regenerates at to slow rate, "the game is cool with tons of content but dumbed down" said one of my close friends. I think this is the major problem why new players decides to move on. 

How about new players joining the game has 3x stam regen for 10-20 days?

A catch up mechanic is what ppl expect in games nowdays.

I am pretty new myself and I hate the stamina regen rate allot, the only thing that probably gonna make me forget to even bother one day, but theres other things in the game keeping me playing for now, but this will not last long for me.

b4 you flame me, this is just my thoughts, and how I view the game.

/qloak

#13 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 April 2017 - 18:39

I love this game allot, sadly my friends trying this game dont agree with me, they found that stamina regenerates at to slow rate, "the game is cool with tons of content but dumbed down" said one of my close friends. I think this is the major problem why new players decides to move on. 

How about new players joining the game has 3x stam regen for 10-20 days?

A catch up mechanic is what ppl expect in games nowdays.

I am pretty new myself and I hate the stamina regen rate allot, the only thing that probably gonna make me forget to even bother one day, but theres other things in the game keeping me playing for now, but this will not last long for me.

b4 you flame me, this is just my thoughts, and how I view the game.

/qloak

Giving people something at the beginning of the game and then taking it away is what proves detrimental IMO....

Folk do the epic quests when they start, get crazy "free" boosts and then expect that to continue - and when it doesn't, they walk (MY opinion).

Increasing stamina regen is a double-edged sword at the best of times - what about folk at EOC who already are suffering a drought of new content ? - Yes, we can (and, in my case, DO) use it on other things, but if we regen it much faster, then we'll have to "spend" it much faster.

Personally, stam regen rates are fine as they are

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#14 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 13:18

If our high level players lack content why not add something like this:

Every x levels player can reset their characters level to level 1 to gain a x% increase stamina regen.

for instance: player level 300 can reset his character to level 1 and gain 5% increase stamina regen, only available once at level 300, next reset is at level 600,900, aso...

just a idea, but then again, maybe majority of the ppl are happy on how stamina works atm... I love this game else I wouldnt bother at all, this is the only game that I actually bothered to go to the forums and participate in.

#15 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:02

this is the locked and pinned thread that lists "things that will never happen" created some 5 years ago

it includes 2 things that have since happened:

*you will never get more than "10 max stam for 2 fsp" on the upgrade page (this was before the flash sales)

*castable buffs will never go above 150  (this was before buff enhancer)

Speaking of that post, I need to update it soon enough. Still waiting on Grim to allow me to or let themselves do it.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#16 k1ngz1337

k1ngz1337

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 18:50

Hii all, i got a suggestion i don't know if its been said or not but why not gain stamina by lvl, with that i mean, lvl 100 +1 stamina gain, lv200 1+stamina gain etc untill 2000 at this point you would have above 20k stamina or alot more some lets boost a bit like for exemple lvl 2000 +2 stam gain, 2100 +2 stam gain, etc untill 3000 here you can go +3stam gain per each 100lv, that way its progressive and kinda motivate ppl do hunt and get more lvl to get more stam gain.

sorry for any misspell word, English is not my mother language  and keep in mind thats a idea.

have a good one all,

k1ngz

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 March 2018 - 19:23

Hii all, i got a suggestion i don't know if its been said or not but why not gain stamina by lvl, with that i mean, lvl 100 +1 stamina gain, lv200 1+stamina gain etc untill 2000 at this point you would have above 20k stamina or alot more some lets boost a bit like for exemple lvl 2000 +2 stam gain, 2100 +2 stam gain, etc untill 3000 here you can go +3stam gain per each 100lv, that way its progressive and kinda motivate ppl do hunt and get more lvl to get more stam gain.

sorry for any misspell word, English is not my mother language  and keep in mind thats a idea.

have a good one all,

k1ngz

Stamina is designed to be regained slowly, else before long players would have no reason to return....  The advent of Epic quests and Epic equipment make stamina gain a bit higher than to begin with.  The cow gods stated recently in other threads pertaining to this that there are no plans to massively increase or change the way stamina is gained.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#18 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:47

If our high level players lack content why not add something like this:

Every x levels player can reset their characters level to level 1 to gain a x% increase stamina regen.

for instance: player level 300 can reset his character to level 1 and gain 5% increase stamina regen, only available once at level 300, next reset is at level 600,900, aso...

just a idea, but then again, maybe majority of the ppl are happy on how stamina works atm... I love this game else I wouldnt bother at all, this is the only game that I actually bothered to go to the forums and participate in.

I would LOVE something like this..Would actually be an incentive to level more often..No point in leveling up when you will just hit a road block at the end..

Cows should honestly think about doing something like this..Maybe make 4k the max level then be able to reset to lv1 and face harder creatures as you move on from the levels..It would have to be a whole separate thing ofc but this idea would bring life back into the game and make grinding seem more rewarding.

uwClls8.png

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:34

Hi there.

Sorry but as Penny stated, we have no plans to change how Stamina is gained.

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: