#101 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 July 2021 - 19:29

Topic: Viewing Completed Arena Tournaments. (Actions/PvP/Arena/View Completed Tournaments): My suggestion: To sort completed tournaments from recently ended to later ended. Currently it feels as though it is sorted by spawn arrival time. To support its true purpose of helping players study arena tournaments, it seems logical and more fruitful to sort in order of completion, from recent on the top of the list, to older ones descending. Preferably 25 tournaments per page, in stead of the current 5 tourneys and 46 pages. I don't know much about code, but this seems like a very doable adjustment to make for the active community. Thank you for listening. D. 

#102 KiwiBirb

KiwiBirb

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 23:35

My Suggestion: For Top Rated players lets say top 3 as a example would receive something along the lines of blessings or something similar based as currently you get a shiny medal to show off but no sustenance for the grind. Just a thought might be repost..  

#103 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 02:10

allow guild leaders to delete guild chat messages.. the guild should have control over their chat instead of just the auto censor feature.. would help with long links posted in chat that break the screen (in the old guild chat view)

#104 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 02:26

[ Reply | Buff | Send | Trade ] why is this after mostly every message in the guild log.. like why would I message or buff or send or trade with someone who is initiating a gvg conflict against the guild.. seems like a waste of code/memory/eye sore to put [ Reply | Buff | Send | Trade ] after a LOT of messages I've seen

#105 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:42

more filters in the Log.. example, items sent or received..

#106 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2021 - 15:23

Bring back the chat messages to your main log. It may seem cluttered to some but the vast majority of players got used to this format and prefer it. Consider giving us the toggle option to allow chat messages to go back into our main log. 

#107 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 01:33

I've grown used to the chat/log separation but wish the messages could have a personal/guild filter..

wonder if the message log separation was because of the app or something because it seemed out of the blue

#108 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 03:49

leveling up composing is boring.. I suggest a Cow do it to max level and share their thoughts

#109 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:22

leveling up composing is boring.. I suggest a Cow do it to max level and share their thoughts

Pretty sure BG has already hit max

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#110 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2021 - 06:53

True but consider how OP the buffs you get from it are? Also, they do 1-2x a month 2x composing events to help make it less of a grind.

My guess is that they would have made the buff caps a lot lower initially if they planned on expanding the composing range 2 times later on. 

Edited by Windbattle, 27 September 2021 - 06:55.

#111 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2021 - 06:56

I've grown used to the chat/log separation but wish the messages could have a personal/guild filter..

wonder if the message log separation was because of the app or something because it seemed out of the blue

I miss messages sent to me all the time due to this change. It slowed down my personal playing in the game which sucks. Every few months I'll keep bringing it up in hopes of a toggle for it.

Edited by Windbattle, 27 September 2021 - 06:57.

#112 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 13:50

Chat was changed for the App. Doubt it will ever be changed back.

I liked it better before as well. I mostly use discord anyway unless it's someone ingame i don't know.

Edited by EpicPiety, 27 September 2021 - 13:51.

#113 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 18:43

ability to shut off composing notifications in log

#114 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2021 - 19:15

Something that's not been mentioned yet is the "new player" experience.

I tried to get my wife to play the game half a year ago. And she did for a while, but also needed help, all the time.

The game is hard to get into. And my biggest wish, after most of the bugs are fixed, is for this game to get more players. Here's a few suggestions based on what we ran into.

1. Consider adding more tutorial to the game. Not many questions are answered when you create a new character. How does all your stats work? How does combat work? How do you know that you'll beat a monster? How does stamina work? What uses stamina and how much? What should you do when your inventory is full? What's the goal of the game? What happens if you're carrying 5.000.000 gold while being almost naked and level 7? Little to none of this is explained to new players. They have to figure it out themselves.

2. Consider hiding/locking a lot more content away for new players. It doesn't take many minutes to hit level 2, 3, 4 and 5. But at these levels you have no idea if you should put your stat points to attack, defense or HP. You have no idea which buffs are good, or if you should save your points for level 25. And you don't have a clue about all the options you have in the menu. Crafting? Hell Forge? Blacksmith? Bounties?  Consider hiding these things until level 10, 20, 30 something. (OK don't lock the blacksmith, explain that one instead!)

3. Grinding is how you play this game. Quests give you XP, which is a bonus. But quests are just that. It's a bonus to your XP, but now how you progress in general. Problem is that you added so much stuff in the low level areas that you removed the need to grind entirely. You can get the first many levels by just doing quests. My wife got good at doing these quests. But all of a sudden there were no quests left, and she had no idea what to do. There was no mission and she was "stuck". Grinding hadn't been introduced to her as a concept. It's understandable that you can't quest your way through almost 5.000 levels of content. But with grinding being an essential part of the game, a tutorial should be given, showing that you can and should in fact just kill things until you ding the next level. The concept should be fed in slowly, so that you have to grind just a little already in the beginning of the game, more and more, until it's a regular part of what the player does in between quests. To that extent I would suggest litterally moving some of the low-level quests to higher level areas, or nerfing the XP rewards. It's ok on the lower levels if quests are 75% of the XP. Just as long as there's a little grind necessary between levels.

4. Speaking of low-level areas, they are the most complex areas in the whole game. Think about it. First real area you encounter is Mountain Path. And there's so many places to go, and so many things on the map. Compare that to a random level 1234 map which has two waypoints and a shop. You're throwing new people out on the deep end first. I would suggest that you move some of the fluff out of Mountain Path (And possibly other low-level areas) and put it elsewhere. Furthermore, consider adding a few more tutorial areas before you introduce Mountain Path. You go from a teeny tiny 6x6 map to a huge 18x18 map, and that's overwhelming. How about a 10x10 in between or something like that.

In essence it's all about making sure that you get to explain important concepts to new players while not overwhelming them. Right now, if you start the game from scratch you're thrown out on the deep end and there's not much to help you. It's pretty much just Kate Winslet being fat on a floating door, and it's impossible for you to get up.

Honestly a huge bump from me. I've been wanting this for over 10 years. 

#115 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2021 - 19:19

Good Morning everyone!

Since the update, I've been keeping an eye on both the Discord and the forums to take note of your concerns, and have decided to open a feedback thread in order to help compile this information in one place.

Firstly, I'll be conducting a get together with the team to have a look over the existing buffs and see where we can make some balance changes. I would like to address the issues surrounding some of these buffs that have, over time, grown extremely powerful.

Secondly, I'd like you all to use this thread to share with me what changes you would like to see for Fallen Sword. What is it that you like or dislike? What could use a little bit of love? 

:)

First and foremost, someone on your team needs to actually play / test the updates yourself. This would eliminate some of the bugs before they even come into the game (novel idea). Also, if someone on your team regularly played from time to time, then they would get a feel for what is needed / not needed in the game (removes player base bias a bit).

Edited by Windbattle, 09 November 2021 - 19:20.

#116 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 November 2021 - 22:14

I'd like to comment about a recent change regarding new player communications....  we have been told that now new players can only communicate with other players via Discord for their first 48 hours.  Although I do understand the basic reasoning behind this change, I disagree that this is best for said new players or the game.  I've seen how quickly questions are addressed on your Discord channel... if they are answered at all, a huge portion of the time legitimate questions are met with either derision or sarcastic replies....  this helps no one

IMHO, if you are going to restrict in game communications, it should either be for punishment only (similar to the d-fav system at Legacy) or if there must be limitations on new player communications, allow them to at least ask a question in global, or to complete the mentor feature so that new players are prompted to pick a mentor and allow private communications there... 

Edited by BadPenny, 09 November 2021 - 22:14.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#117 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 05:58

Something that's not been mentioned yet is the "new player" experience.

I tried to get my wife to play the game half a year ago. And she did for a while, but also needed help, all the time.

The game is hard to get into. And my biggest wish, after most of the bugs are fixed, is for this game to get more players. Here's a few suggestions based on what we ran into.

1. Consider adding more tutorial to the game. Not many questions are answered when you create a new character. How does all your stats work? How does combat work? How do you know that you'll beat a monster? How does stamina work? What uses stamina and how much? What should you do when your inventory is full? What's the goal of the game? What happens if you're carrying 5.000.000 gold while being almost naked and level 7? Little to none of this is explained to new players. They have to figure it out themselves.

2. Consider hiding/locking a lot more content away for new players. It doesn't take many minutes to hit level 2, 3, 4 and 5. But at these levels you have no idea if you should put your stat points to attack, defense or HP. You have no idea which buffs are good, or if you should save your points for level 25. And you don't have a clue about all the options you have in the menu. Crafting? Hell Forge? Blacksmith? Bounties? Consider hiding these things until level 10, 20, 30 something. (OK don't lock the blacksmith, explain that one instead!)

3. Grinding is how you play this game. Quests give you XP, which is a bonus. But quests are just that. It's a bonus to your XP, but now how you progress in general. Problem is that you added so much stuff in the low level areas that you removed the need to grind entirely. You can get the first many levels by just doing quests. My wife got good at doing these quests. But all of a sudden there were no quests left, and she had no idea what to do. There was no mission and she was "stuck". Grinding hadn't been introduced to her as a concept. It's understandable that you can't quest your way through almost 5.000 levels of content. But with grinding being an essential part of the game, a tutorial should be given, showing that you can and should in fact just kill things until you ding the next level. The concept should be fed in slowly, so that you have to grind just a little already in the beginning of the game, more and more, until it's a regular part of what the player does in between quests. To that extent I would suggest litterally moving some of the low-level quests to higher level areas, or nerfing the XP rewards. It's ok on the lower levels if quests are 75% of the XP. Just as long as there's a little grind necessary between levels.

4. Speaking of low-level areas, they are the most complex areas in the whole game. Think about it. First real area you encounter is Mountain Path. And there's so many places to go, and so many things on the map. Compare that to a random level 1234 map which has two waypoints and a shop. You're throwing new people out on the deep end first. I would suggest that you move some of the fluff out of Mountain Path (And possibly other low-level areas) and put it elsewhere. Furthermore, consider adding a few more tutorial areas before you introduce Mountain Path. You go from a teeny tiny 6x6 map to a huge 18x18 map, and that's overwhelming. How about a 10x10 in between or something like that.
In essence it's all about making sure that you get to explain important concepts to new players while not overwhelming them. Right now, if you start the game from scratch you're thrown out on the deep end and there's not much to help you. It's pretty much just Kate Winslet being fat on a floating door, and it's impossible for you to get up.

#118 xVWolfyVx

xVWolfyVx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 11:56

Anyway we could get the listings page of the FSP market listed in ascending instead descending order? It would probably actually get used and makes more sense.

I've been using the FSP marketplace daily for the past month and I've looked at listings MAYBE twice. Once to post overly priced FSP like everyone else just to do it. I never look through the pages because I knew there was nothing worth looking at. Who would bother trying to sell a FSP for a reasonable price? Surprisingly there are some reasonable offers. On the last page... Why isn't this posted in the reverse order? 

If you flip from buying to selling FSP the opposite numbers matter. Nobody that clicks on listings wants to see 30 people selling FSP for 1mil. They want to see the guy that posted the reasonable offer currently sitting as the last post.
Now buying gold is different. You WANT the big numbers. If I see someone buying 1 FSP for 1mil I'll click it before I even check to see that I actually have 1 FSP.

This has bothered me for as long as I remember. But assumed one day it'd get updated seeing how outshined it was from day 1 by "Requests" and had these obvious issues.

The best example I can give is that at this moment I have a listing selling 4 FSP for 240k. It took a few hours to sell. In the first 30 minutes after I posted the order, I've sold FSP to multiple people in the "Requests" section at 240k-260k without anyone purchasing from my listing at all.

I have fun buying/selling here because I'm too poor for real stocks since I spend too much on FSP. Just changing the list to display "Listings" in ascending order would change a lot and should have been this way from the start. Plus it could potentially be as simple as changing "ORDER BY cost DESC" to "ORDER BY cost ASC" and I'll love you for ever.

OR 

If you want to make it more concise like most things today (less to read, the information other than the current price of FSP doesn't really matter much anyway, plus nobody has an attention span anymore for reading, just ask Tiktok).

Make it similar to selling in an actual market.
1. Let everyone know the current highest price of FSP and nothing else.
2.Seller lists at the price they want ex.(I want to SELL 45 FSP for 200,000 GOLD each) and the amount they have to sell and it stays as a sell order.
3. When buying just let the user enter the amount of FSP they want and the max they are willing to pay per FSP and place the buy order ex.(I want to BUY 45 FSP for 200,000 GOLD each).

No sales would encourage sellers to lower their price and opposite for buyers. The cancelations and new market orders to sell quickly would increase the market fees ability to act as a gold sink.

#119 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2021 - 20:13

There isn't a fee for listing FSP for gold right now. Are you suggesting they add a fee like they have for Requests? I would be okay with that. I 1000% agree that the best rate (lower gold per FSP) should be listed 1st and higher FSP rates listed afterwards.

I do not like your idea of only listing the current best rate on requests or listing. Often times people try to out beat someone by 1 gold and often times I skip those people and buy from the guy that was there 1st at 1 gold higher out of principle. They should show the top 10 or 15 from each list .. showing highest rates per FSP on requests and lowest rates per FSP with the listing. 

Edited by Windbattle, 17 December 2021 - 20:15.

#120 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 December 2021 - 01:43

About the Listing Section of FSP Marketplace. It use to be in ascending order, marking more sense. As for Listing section of FSP Marketplace: the lower the gold amount the better the offer, so should stay at top.

Then one day, it suddenly changed to descending without any announcements. The earliest reference I can found about this wired change here: 

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=77158  see post#3

Edited by andyvince, 19 December 2021 - 01:45.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: