#1 Arioche

Arioche

Producer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 March 2021 - 16:35

Good Afternoon everyone, we have a few updates to share with you all!

Here are the changes that come along with this update:

Patch Notes:

• Fixed issue with durability display not updating correctly when combat sets were switched.
  • Stamina now updates correctly when attacking other players on the app.
  • Increased private message character limit from 256 to 512 and updated other message limits to match.
  • Updated Private Message reply button to use dialog instead of new page.
  • Added notification for Private Messages.
  • Mass messages sent from a guild now goes to the new message section instead of the logs.
  • Fixed various issues with notifications not updating correctly.
  • The skills Deflect, Fumble and Unbreakable are now capped at skill level 175 (see notes on this below)
  • Fixed issue with Titan icon not appearing on the action list.
  • Optimised code to improve game performance (reduce lag).

The private message character limit will be increased for the app in the next app update. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Furthermore, due to the changes made to the skills Deflect, Fumble and Unbreakable, we will be entering a trial period where we can assess how this affects gameplay. For clarity, the affected buffs will no longer be boosted beyond 175 with skills like Buff Enhancer or the Fury Shrine structure, though it is still possible to acquire a higher level version of the skill through a potion (example: an Unbreakable 200 potion)

We encourage you all to share with us your feedback.

~ Fallen Sword Team

#2 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 16:49

Hello! First: thank you for this update! The definitely addresses a lot of things. But, a few observations from these changes.

We do have private message notifications now (thank you). But, when I click on the notification link, it takes me to the sent messages page and I cannot reply from there. Can this default to received instead? The lag to open and view messages is still there. It also lags 10-15 seconds when we receive a private message: this happens on the next refresh of any screen we are on. Please look into this. :)

Log notifications are not working still. Will this be addressed in the next update?

And thank you for the nerf to Deflect and Fumble. I truly do appreciate it!

Edited by Tilley10, 30 March 2021 - 16:52.

#3 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 16:52

Hello! First: thank you for this update! The definitely addresses a lot of things. But, a few observations from these changes.

We do have private message notifications now (thank you). But, when I click on the notification link, it takes me to the sent messages page and I cannot reply from there. Can this default to received instead? It also lags 10-15 seconds when we receive a private message: this happens on the next refresh of any screen we are on. Please look into this.

Log notifications are not working still. Will this be addressed in the next update?

And thank you for the nerf to Deflect and Fumble. I truly do appreciate it!

I echo this, also seeing the same problem when I click the private message notification.

Log notifications being fixed would be really nice

#4 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 16:54

Much appreciated for this update/bug fixes. Truly a great sight to see :)!!!

Also love the Patch notes including Bug fixes!

Edited by EpicPiety, 30 March 2021 - 18:10.

#5 Edith3000

Edith3000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 17:00

Thank you for the update. Still lagging tho. :(

Edit to add: the problem with the durability is also still there for me.

Edited by Edith3000, 30 March 2021 - 17:01.

uvG2ReE.jpg

#6 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2021 - 17:00

• Fixed issue with durability display not updating correctly when combat sets were switched.
  • Optimised code to improve game performance (reduce lag).

the durability issue is still present, the top bar doesn't update when quick repairing items ( if you repair each item individually on the blacksmith screen it will update correctly)

there is still a 15 second page load on messages screen, and backpack items are still taking a long time to load

Thank you for the update.

Edited by sohail94, 30 March 2021 - 17:07.

#7 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2021 - 17:11

Private Message notifications now go to the received section and also fixed the log notifications :)

Will also look into further optimisations and the top bar durability issue!

#8 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 March 2021 - 17:15

thanks for fixing the AH problem...oh wait..

#9 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 17:23

The sorting buttons at the top of the log page don’t work yet either. Side note: I would really enjoy the addition of an Arena specific filter to be added to the list. Would be nice as arena players get spammed with logs and cannot sort to this specifically.

Attached Thumbnails

• DE430848-4342-4340-BD00-73D6229B50C1.jpeg

#10 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 17:31

The sorting buttons at the top of the log page don’t work yet either. Side note: I would really enjoy the addition of an Arena specific filter to be added to the list. Would be nice as arena players get spammed with logs and cannot sort to this specifically.

+1

since i reached daily like limit.

#11 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 March 2021 - 17:32

• The skills Deflect, Fumble and Unbreakable are now capped at skill level 175 (see notes on this below)

Furthermore, due to the changes made to the skills Deflect, Fumble and Unbreakable, we will be entering a trial period where we can assess how this affects gameplay. For clarity, the affected buffs will no longer be boosted beyond 175 with skills like Buff Enhancer or the Fury Shrine structure, though it is still possible to acquire a higher level version of the skill through a potion (example: an Unbreakable 200 potion)

so we had UB 190-192 for how many YEARS now and i dont ever remember seeing a thread about it damaging the game or destroying the scavenging unbreakable potion getting charged 2 fsp each. BUT now its caped. why not cap BE at 300 as leave things as they are. 

#12 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 March 2021 - 17:44

so you lowered my chance of deflecting a hit buy capping Deflect. but yet Anti deflect is still getting stronger as the levels of composting are gained.  REALLY 

#13 Edith3000

Edith3000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 17:45

I don't know if this was a bug, but it seemed that despite killing several creatures, the XP being counted was lesser (with the lag, some of the kills happened but weren't counted towards the XP for the level up). This I observed the last two hunts.

Also, even with the merchant treasure hunter buff at 175, the return was lesser than usual today. Did anyone else face this?

Edited by Edith3000, 30 March 2021 - 17:50.

uvG2ReE.jpg

#14 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 30 March 2021 - 17:48

Thanks for the update Cow

#15 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 17:52

so we had UB 190-192 for how many YEARS now and i dont ever remember seeing a thread about it damaging the game or destroying the scavenging unbreakable potion getting charged 2 fsp each. BUT now its caped. why not cap BE at 300 as leave things as they are. 

I agree. UB has been fine for years the way it was, and Deflect was as well. If deflect will be nerfed back to 175, then anti deflect needs the same lvl 175 cap. Additionally, if KE is capped at 350, why isn't Flinch? 

#16 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 30 March 2021 - 18:23

Not sure why UB was changed, plenty of other ways to sink gear in this game ( inventing comes to mind ) I do hope you plan on increasing the frequency of spine events if these changes stay. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers~

Maeh

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 18:34

Not sure why UB was changed, plenty of other ways to sink gear in this game ( inventing comes to mind ) I do hope you plan on increasing the frequency of spine events if these changes stay. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers~

Maeh

People who want to protect their Crystal use UB200+. This has pretty much been an unspoken game rule especially across guilds that you don't use crystal without ub200+. The deterioration is ever slight at that anyway. I would be very surprised if this had much of an effect on Crystal supply. In-fact crystal is one of my favorite gear sets, stats are great and it comes out very sparsely. Not only that, is much more fun to hit into someone wearing crystal :).

#18 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 March 2021 - 18:43

Wish you didn't cave and left buffs how they were and see where they go after the compose cap increase. Didn't give any time to collect data

sigma_468x60.jpg

#19 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 19:26

What about Titan Doubler? We can't have it over lvl200 (x5)...I thought that was the main to get fixed.

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 March 2021 - 21:01

The map is totally black on Chrome.  Works just fine on the app though

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny