Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 00:19

Nearly everyone would use this if it was added, and I hope it's considered although it probably has been.

An NPC in Eldevin city that can "unbind your equipment with her/his magic". However he/she is greedy and will do this for a medium/large sum of gold (depending on the equip level).

Basic examples (this sets the bound item back to bind on equip, even if it was bind on pickup):

1-20 gear - costs 10 Gold to unbind a piece of equipment

21-30 gear costs 20 gold to unbind a piece of equipment

31-40 gear costs 50 gold to unbind a piece of equipment

The NPC will also unbind vanity items, vanity items can be unbound at the cost of rare resources and gold:

(we need a sink for rare resources, they just get vendord or trashed right now, this would be perfect).

6 Stacks of random rare resources per vanity item and 100 gold to unbind the item fully.

Edited by Neon, 19 December 2013 - 00:20.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#2 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:42

Love this idea, wouldn't be against the vendor needing EP either, similar to how we can unembed gems, or a token similar to respec options.

#3 Dillias

Dillias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:30

whyarewenotfundingthis.JPG

Selling friendship, 50 ep per hour.

GET IN FAST

#4 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 31 December 2013 - 16:51

I like this idea Neon, and am in now way opposed. However, this may go against what HCS wants to consider a drive for teamwork/communication in the game, but I'm unsure as I've never seen HCS's explanation.

For example, being able to unbind equipment like Odhar/SV/GC sets will allow people to sell them and then people may not need to do the instances anymore - thus reducing the teamwork (even though there aren't many random players really doing the instances anyway, but I think that's due to other reasons).

Either way - I'm perfectly fine with this idea, and if the instances is part of the reason why this isn't implemented, let's make it more difficult to get the items? :) 

#5 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 January 2014 - 00:50

Wow Neon you are really cunning. A level 39 fine one handed pickaxe sold to NPC for 16 gold and you want to unbind something for that low of a cost?

#6 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 January 2014 - 00:55

One thing I hate about Eldevin currency is that a high level player can earn more gold than a low level player given the same amount of time spent on playing, which I realized when I was level 20. Now if you say, "I play hardcore for my level", "level up is really easy", what about those players who get their exp from powerleveling by high level players?

#7 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:07

Wow Neon you are really cunning. A level 39 fine one handed pickaxe sold to NPC for 16 gold and you want to unbind something for that low of a cost?

D4VY this thread was created on the 19th of December and bumped back up today, yes I'd agree this needs to be higher but there's no need to try and attack me for it.

On topic I'd raise the level 40 bound items to around 150-200 gold. Level 50 items would be considerably more.

One thing I hate about Eldevin currency is that a high level player can earn more gold than a low level player given the same amount of time spent on playing, which I realized when I was level 20. Now if you say, "I play hardcore for my level", "level up is really easy", what about those players who get their exp from powerleveling by high level players?

Please don't get this thread locked with your horrible way of sharing your opinion on things.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#8 gomaki

gomaki

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:28

That is one of the most convoluted things i've ever read. Why shouldn't a higher level player be able to make more gold then a low level player? On top of that because all crafting systems require a universal material, animal skin, coal, jute This is a fantastic way for a low level player to get there feet on the economy ladder. 

#9 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:24

Nothing speak louder than evidence.

I kill a level 25 monster. Got a knife weapon loot = 1 gold 50 silver.

I kill a level 39 spider. Got a pickaxe weapon loot = 16 gold.

I spend hours to farm animal skin, coal, jute = 1 minute of other player.

#10 gomaki

gomaki

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:47

Nothing speak louder than evidence.

I kill a level 25 monster. Got a knife weapon loot = 1 gold 50 silver.

I kill a level 39 spider. Got a pickaxe weapon loot = 16 gold.

I spend hours to farm animal skin, coal, jute = 1 minute of other player.

Ye that's the idea, the higher level you get the different avenues open up to you to make gold. This means that a lvl 1 can farm Animal skin and Coal at the same speed as me so I can then purchase it off of them because I, or any other higher level is doing something else. I am failing to see where you're struggling to understand the concept of the economical system that is in place. It actually works very well. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: