#1 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:10

i've have had a lvl 25 heroic essence for a while but just sold it to vender as i have a new one. i got 38 silver for it, but other essence's that lvl that you find eg the lvl 21 essence from cursed tower you get 2+ gold for. i think the heroic items should sell to vendor's for a lot more than 25s, as it takes i lot if items to make these.

#2 gomaki

gomaki

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:42

Was the essence at full durability when you sold it? Items that are broken even by 1 (83/84) will not sell for there maximum value at a vendor. 

#3 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 13:26

Mojawk posted to a thread http://forums.hunted...showtopic=60830  I had about sell back prices for alchemy potions and said some professions aren't meant to make a profit.  *slaps self in forehead*  Its very disheartening and really makes me want to stop playing.  I worked very hard to get to level 40 alchemy only to be told that if I sell to a shop I will get less than what the tonic costs for full large potions.  Its another case of buy high sell low and its becoming a trend.  What is the point of leveling a profession if its useless to sell to shops.  Not everyone wants to be a merchant and deal with people's constant complaints about price.  So, I've stopped alchemy and foraging its just not worth my time or effort and is making the game geared toward just grinding out levels and killing all the time in the hopes for a drop that I can sell.  The costs of higher level spells are 100g and 500g and 1000g. I had planned on my profession paying for these but that's not going to happen. My subscription runs out on the 30th.  I had planned on getting a years subscription but with the game geared toward only HCS profiting and not the player, I'm reconsidering.

Edited by Sage, 19 December 2013 - 13:37.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#4 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 15:56

if you dont want to be a merchant, then dont start any proffesion. you wont make any profit on it without dealing with other players. i'm glad for such setup as i enjoy this side of game.

style5,Majjer.png

#5 gomaki

gomaki

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 December 2013 - 16:22

Well professions should never make you profit when buying materials directly from a vendor and then selling back the item. This would create serious inflation as in theory you would just have infinite money. The reason you level your profession to 40 or whatever level is to 1) not having to rely on other people to make things for you 2) Make and then sell items to people who have themselves not bothered to level that profession. 

Raven you said you have 40 alchemy, Everyone requires pots from the start of the game and even more so at end game with stat pots, this would net you a lot of money with good Global advertising and a "shop" set up on the Market for

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: