24 replies to this topic

#1 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 20:07

never really bothered before, been accessing the site from my phone (any issues being accused of account sharing, signing on from different sources?)

TL;DR of my experiences:

1 - possibly out of ignorance i ask: how is an app going to be superior to what i'm seeing on my phones' internet now?

2- Cell-Phone-Neck.jpg

seems great to pop in for composing, buffing, etc., but many events and activities can keep me here for an hour(s) at a time (using up my battery). after 5 - 10 minutes i start getting "text-neck"

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 February 2018 - 21:45

Welcome to my world.  I've been 100% mobile since early 2015.... and look at the progress I've made.... 

Still can't and won't hunt titans tho

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:30

Me Too. Along with the text neck, the carpal tunnel and the tendonitis is just terrible

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:37

There is also the problem of FFS.... "Fat Finger Syndrome"

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#5 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:56

never really bothered before, been accessing the site from my phone (any issues being accused of account sharing, signing on from different sources?)

TL;DR of my experiences:

1 - possibly out of ignorance i ask: how is an app going to be superior to what i'm seeing on my phones' internet now?

2- Cell-Phone-Neck.jpg

seems great to pop in for composing, buffing, etc., but many events and activities can keep me here for an hour(s) at a time (using up my battery). after 5 - 10 minutes i start getting "text-neck"

1 im no dev but I could share a bit of what it SHOULD do,,

You mention composing and buffing and thats a start but also you can get notifications. Imagine getting a ping your pots were done and being able to reset those while away from home. Notifications is one big part of apps that you cant get with mobile net version. Things like being GvGed, put on BB, being "active" and buffing on market, auctions, tavern rumors, being pvped, even a ping when you max stam are all things it COULD and should do as an app. 
Basically the game will tell you when to play it :P

Other than that and maybe somehow new stuff will be added to go with this instant and anywhere application I cant see how it would make hunting any easier than on net game is already,,, not. Nor would I see any way to make titan hunting competitive on the phone but things like GvG and PvP could blow up if they let it. Theres been a ton of suggestions they have mention the thought of adding ATA. And I am excited to see what happens at least for the real ability to play it mobile.

2 LOLZ yea it does suck to try and play a lot on a phone, thats why this will fit a lot of parts of FS that you want to stop in on during the day. Ill love that,,, if the right things are added and the game evolves around apps.

I have to ask,, none of yall play other stuff on the phone?? What intrigues me is this is a browser based thats making the trans to app. Not many of those that tried that. Most are app only and based around that so instead of sitting at the lappy for hours you are in and out a couple times a hour or so depending on your level of play. The old timers who can would have a way to pop in and do these tasks as well as the system base. New players who are app only I dont know how they are going to react. The talk of a new server or version or etc only for app would be intriguing too and talk about that has went around. Starting over depending on how it would work  (id be ok with a new version as long as I could play both mobile and at home on both characters just different versons that never meet). Will have to see how it goes.

Edited by watagashi, 25 February 2018 - 03:06.

#6 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:33

you can get notifications

2 - The talk of a new server or version or etc only for app

notifications i'm guessing via the phone app...another tic wall in preferences?...i'm not tech-savy enough to worry if generating X number of notifications a second would affect lag

an app-only server...never heard any of this talk...segregating the "appers" and non-appers"? that can't be right 

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:51

Hoof has always said the game will be the same for the app to the browser.  We won't have new characters, new accounts, anything like that.  It's just supposed to be a more efficient way to play via a mobile interface, nothing more.  

IMHO, some of the developments made for the app should be applied to the existing mobile interface that you get when you first log in on a mobile device..... 

It's terribly tedious and inefficient to hunt anything on a tiny 4-6" screen, and the screen for the app works better if you ask me.  When I was using the V 1.0 app, AM wasn't working properly, and there was no designation for different types of critters, and if a champ and a normal creature shared the same image, the only way to tell them apart was to read the critter detail first....   Moving is also different from the way we play on a PC, as there are no keyboard interfaces, it's all done by tapping a directional thingy.  Other than that, everything is the same from browser to mobile.....  If you leave in the middle of the cathedral on the browser, you are still there on the app....  and vice versa.... 

The app wasn't laggy at all, but there were the extra steps for gameplay, which I'm assuming will be streamlined in the final product....  I can only hope.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#8 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:01

It's terribly tedious and inefficient to hunt anything on a tiny 4-6" screen,  AND the screen for the app works better 

clarify please: tedious and inefficient or better (app or not you're still on a 4-6" screen)

edit: the app makes the 4-6" screen easier to use? bigger buttons i'm guessing

OMG are you killing one creature at a time?

Edited by duktayp, 27 February 2018 - 02:11.

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:37

clarify please: tedious and inefficient or better (app or not you're still on a 4-6" screen)

yes, you kill them 1 by 1...  I'll try to describe the interface.  in the lower left corner you have a compass type thing, so you can go e n, s, e, w, and points in between, you move 1 square at a time.  Each square that has something there, rather than an action box, has a row of images, the same images that are designated to each critter in the UFSG.  You tap each image, then tap the little sword in the center of the compass thing to attack.  So it's tap, attack tap attack, a 2 step attack system.  Not less tedious, tbh, just easier to SEE, easier to tap.....  

I have yet to understand how one would hunt Titans and compete with every other Tom Dick and Harry chasing them.... Sweeping for SE's, not really efficient.  Overall, gameplay is not that improved on the V 1.0 interface... but that was the first run and hopefully modifications to make that better are in the works.  

I have to agree with Lu that the app is not going to be much more than a bandaid, when what FS really needs is a body cast.  More often than not , current new players are disappointed with the lack of sophistication, the low-tech graphics, etc.  What was state of the art 10 years ago is a dinosaur now.  I hate to admit it, but modernization is what will bring in new blood.  An app that just has the current static, low tech interface won't hold the attention of much more than old folks like me.

Edited by BadPenny, 27 February 2018 - 02:50.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#10 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:25

yes, you kill them 1 by 1...  I'll try to describe the interface.  in the lower left corner you have a compass type thing, so you can go e n, s, e, w, and points in between, you move 1 square at a time.  Each square that has something there, rather than an action box, has a row of images, the same images that are designated to each critter in the UFSG. 

i did an image search:

1.jpg like this? 

You tap each image, then tap the little sword in the center of the compass thing to attack.  So it's tap, attack tap attack, a 2 step attack system.  Not less tedious, tbh, just easier to SEE, easier to tap.....  

3.jpg

might work if buffs and fsp potions were changed to a turn-based system rather than real-time.

Edited by duktayp, 27 February 2018 - 03:27.

#11 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:45

yes, you kill them 1 by 1...  I'll try to describe the interface.  in the lower left corner you have a compass type thing, so you can go e n, s, e, w, and points in between, you move 1 square at a time.  Each square that has something there, rather than an action box, has a row of images, the same images that are designated to each critter in the UFSG.  You tap each image, then tap the little sword in the center of the compass thing to attack.  So it's tap, attack tap attack, a 2 step attack system.  Not less tedious, tbh, just easier to SEE, easier to tap.....  

I have yet to understand how one would hunt Titans and compete with every other Tom Dick and Harry chasing them.... Sweeping for SE's, not really efficient.  Overall, gameplay is not that improved on the V 1.0 interface... but that was the first run and hopefully modifications to make that better are in the works.  

I have to agree with Lu that the app is not going to be much more than a bandaid, when what FS really needs is a body cast.  More often than not , current new players are disappointed with the lack of sophistication, the low-tech graphics, etc.  What was state of the art 10 years ago is a dinosaur now.  I hate to admit it, but modernization is what will bring in new blood.  An app that just has the current static, low tech interface won't hold the attention of much more than old folks like me.

Penny, for your sake I hope HCS finishes the app just for you! But I mostly wish they would finish it so that the game itself can get some much needed improvements beyond the mobile platform. If it is HCS' trial attempt at making a game compatible with the mobile platform for future endeavors, how's it going to help this game?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#12 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 13:45

4 x 6?

My screen is 3.5 x less than 2.24.

Of course I use Google Chrome I've never used the app (Betta). Still, I can Not kill more than one creature at a time. However I can run down the whole Action List and click them All. Then just click the circle at the top refreshing the action list

Penny, for your sake I hope HCS finishes the app just for you! But I mostly wish they would finish it so that the game itself can get some much needed improvements beyond the mobile platform. If it is HCS' trial attempt at making a game compatible with the mobile platform for future endeavors, how's it going to help this game?

Right +1

Edited by cucullainn, 27 February 2018 - 13:46.

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2018 - 14:11

If it is HCS' trial attempt at making a game compatible with the mobile platform for future endeavors.

Actually no. It's for the benefit of this game. Please keep baseless speculation off the forum.

~ Grim

#14 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 15:03

Actually no. It's for the benefit of this game. Please keep baseless speculation off the forum.

~ Grim

What other HCS games are on the MOBILE platform?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2018 - 15:04

You mean like our mobile game, Operation: New Earth?

~ Grim

#16 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 15:13

Never heard of it. Is it an app on android?  The only game I found called Operation: New Earth is made by a studio in New York. Does HCS have a subsidiary?

[Signature removed]

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2018 - 15:17

It's on Android and iOS as well as Steam and Facebook Gamesroom. You can see we have the forums for it here.

Now stay on topic and stop the baseless speculation.

~ Grim

#18 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 16:36

I've known about the game since it was released. Because I saw talk about it on the HCS Forums. I never tried to check out the game or anything. Not until now. If I do a Google search I can find it but it's certainly not the first one to pop up. But I had to do a Google search to look for it because when I tried to do a search through the Play Store. I couldn't find it. It wasn't listed. There's a bunch of other games that have to do with different things but the only Operation New Earth that's listed through the Google store. That I found with my search was an alien invasion game produced by another company. Very Sad :(

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 February 2018 - 16:43

No, we made the game, they publish it.

Now once again, stay of topic.

~ Grim

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 17:21

I have played New Earth.... it's in the Play Store.   I didn't like it much, but you'll find my posts in their forum.....  

(sorry BG)

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: