"The Gothadors Of Our Lives" The Soap To End All

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 gothador_burtonx

gothador_burtonx
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 00:51

The damp cellar air hung heavy as Opius entered. I was looking through a few aged wine bottles. I glanced over at her to see a somewhat troubled look on her face. "Fear not, I saw you talking to the man at the bar, I know exactly who he is", I said to calm her down a little. Her mouth opened to say something back but I interrupted her "He's a young hot shot fed from the city, trying to make a name for himself by getting info on the MD Syndicate" I said, shaking my head and grinning "I've dealt with them plenty of times before".

She looked over at me as I began walking towards the door. Before I pushed the door open, I leaned up close to her ear and whispered "I have a way with people, there's no reason to worry", I reassured her. She smiled at me as I opened the door and began to walk up the creaky wooden stairs. The man was waiting by my office door when I reemerged. He walked over to me like he was trying to impress me with the way he strutted around. He spoke with a half-assed confidence in his voice "Burton, might I have a couple minutes of your time?" "But of course, I replied" as I took a cigarette out of my pocket and proceeded to light it. Opius had resurfaced from the cellar at this time so I nodded to her and took a quick look around the now packed bar.

I raised the cigarette to my lips and took a drag as I opened the heavy door to my office. I went behind my desk and took a seat. "Have a seat", I said to the obviously rookie investigator. He sat down and began to speak to me "I'm....." "You're a detective from Oceanianas Beach and you're here to gather information" I interrupted him, blowing smoke from my cigarette into the air. "How did you know?" he enquired. "You think you're the first to come here to see what the Mad Hatter knows? Well sorry to say kid, but you aren't I've seen your type before, many times in fact".

My words had obviously thrown the young detective off but he managed to regain his composure rather quickly. He fumbled through his pocket and pulled out a small chicken scratch notebook. "Its obvious you are serving alcohol here Burton, you can't jump around that fact by trying to throw me off?" he said, thinking he had just put me in check-mate. I looked at him with a smirk on my face. He glared across the table at me "I know who supplies you Burton, in these days of Prohibition, the only way booze shows up is from Mob Sources, I know you have a connection to MD, you can't deny it".

I looked across the desk with an evil grin on my face "Booze? whatever are you talking about my friend?" At this point the Detective slammed his fist on my desk and scowled at me "You're going down Burton, right along with the entire MD organization, we'll be back to raid you right out of business and you'll be spending the rest of your days in a rat hole where you belong!" At this point I placed my cigarette in the ashtray and looked at the angered man with a smile across my face, he had no idea what he had just gotten himself into. "If you're quite finished with your classic "Angry Detective" act, I have customers to attend to, please forgive me for not showing you out myself but I have drinks to make".

The detective stormed out of my office and headed straight out the door. I picked up the phone on my desk as I moved over to the window, watching the detective move slowly down the sidewalk. I waved out the window at him as he turned around to take one last glance back at the bar, little did he know it would be his last glance. The next time daylight hit his body, he would be at the bottom of the river. The phone rang twice before I heard a voice at the other end. "Hello? Rosie, Burton here..."

#42 Lovichas

Lovichas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:37

Nightwing was getting a bit intoxicated....

It seems a fellow veteran was buying him drinks.

Do I know him? Have I met him before.....?

He does look familiar, but so does everyone else.

He had heard bits and pieces of conversations drifting across the smokey bar. Enough to know where he might start looking for the answers to his questions. Apparently there's a woman around who is famous for knowing all the information there is to know. Also there was something about a surgeon. Maybe this surgeon could explain the strange mark on his hand.

He got up and did a fairly accurate imitation of walking to the bar to return the favor and order a drink for the veteran who had bought him drinks.

Maybe he could learn something from the barkeep....but he would have to be very discreet. Asking too many questions in a town like this can lead to unwanted attention rapidly. Better to try to pick up information from casual conversation.

#43 gothador_zarathustra

gothador_zarathustra
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:54

Zara followed Persephone down a slender, dim-lit hallway. Persephone took a key from her garter belt and opened the last door on the left, revealing a luxurious dressing room which far outshined anything Zara would have imagined for such a place. “I can see how a job like this might be addictive,â€

#44 gothador_mtk1701

gothador_mtk1701
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:20

mtk looks at Burton and orders another bourbon. Lately he has been a bit bothered by his conscience. He has made good money working for Rose on the side, but at what price? He feels like he is no longer providing proper representation to his clients. How many innocents has he allowed to be convicted deliberately? And how much damage has he done to justice by sitting idly by while a corrupt judge sat on the bench taking payoffs from MDCS? If he had any guts, he would have gone to the feds, or even taken matters into his own hands. He looked over at Nadat and her new friend, wondering if they might make good allies. But no, more likely they would be looking to overthrow Rose and take over the operation for themselves. They were out for themselves, not for justice.

He decides to drown his ethical issues in bourbon. They won't seem quite so bad in the morning, although his head will feel worse. And he'll go through the workday looking at each case not to win it, but to see that Rose's interests are served.

As an afterthought, he sends a drink over to the veteran with the scar on his hand. mtk raises his glass in salute to one who obviously has more courage than he does.

#45 gothador_serynity

gothador_serynity
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:40

She had steered away from the club for some reason, stopping by the
nearest payphone instead. Ducking into the booth, shutting the door
behind her, she picked up the reciever. Listening to dial tone for
a moment, she punched the numbers in so familiar to her she didn't
even think as she dialed. Half a ring later....

"Yea?"

"It's me...I need to talk you"

"Meet me at the spot"....click...

Serynity hung up the phone, slid the door open, and stuffed her
hands in pockets. Her gaze low, she headed off towards the docks.
One of these days, she'd get a break, just the right info to make
her life more comfortable. Until then, walking it is.

*~*~*~*~*~*~

Standing at the end of the pier, staring into the dark choppy
waves. The hushed voice behind her, seeming to come and go with the
breeze itself, "She was in the club last night and you have some kid
asking around about you...Should check it out."

Not bothering to turn around, she nodded, "She's going to end up asking the
right questions", she replied coolly. "I could wind up in a world of hurt
if she finds out"

"See to it she doesn't"

Oh the webs we weave, she thought to herself.

She turned to face the voice "What do I do about Madame Tiger an...."
her words trailing off to find no there, Serynity stood alone, a brief
moment of wondering if she had been talking to herself all along crossed
her mind and she quickly dismissed it. This was a good contact, they
had long discussions many of nights. Too bad they’d been so distant lately.

She would have to just head back to the bar, she had a few people to
take up business with, her fridge had been bare for days....She may need to pay a visit to Rose as well.

#46 gothador_sephidroth

gothador_sephidroth
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:00

“My name is Nadat,â€

#47 gothador_persephone

gothador_persephone
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:21

Hands trembling and heart racing, Persephone led Zara down the hallway to her dressing room. Once inside, she perched nervously on the edge of a couch and waited for Zara to begin.

She felt a moment of dismay when Zara let her know that she knew about Mideon. "God, am I really that transparent?', She thought. 'She seems to know everything about me. I need to be more cautious from now on'. Persephone tried to explain things but she was cut off when Zara metioned thier ties. Apparently, Zara didn't remember how they knew each other. This could really work to her advantage. Persephone filed that away for later and remained silent untill she was ready to talk. Better to listen sometimes in situations like this.

As Zara talked, she felt herself grow cold. 'Oh god' she thought. 'She wants me to get involved in this?! I'd be risking death, or worse...' She tried to keep her face neutral until she could get a word in, but it was getting harder by the second. She knew very little about what had happened to Zara, but she knew it involved the MD crime syndicate and that was something she didn't want to get mixed up with. But did she really have a choice here? It was either help Zara and risk her life, or refuse and risk everything she had worked so hard to cover up. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

What finally swayed her was the look of desperation and anguish on Zara's face. She might be jaded enough to work in a place like this, but she couldn't turn away someone like Zara. She had never been anything but kind to her. She was an amazing person really. At least she had been before 'the accident'. In fact, Zara had been the kind of person Persephone wanted to be. She was beautiful, intelligent, and seemed to have a heart of gold. So much so, it almost got her killed.

She took a deep breath and gathered every last shred of her courage and looked Zara in the eye.

"Yes, I'll help you. I owe you that much. But if word about this gets out, both of our lives are over. I think it's best that we don't appear together in public from now on. Not with the things going on right now. I'll contact you from the hospital only. Nothing from here. Madame Tiger has eyes and ears everywhere."

With that, Persephone reached out to squeeze Zara's hand and breezed out of the room. She had a shift to finish and a rendezvous to look forward to. She remained distracted for most of the rest of her shift, trying to keep a smile in her face throughout. Once she was done, she rushed to her dressing room once more to remove her make-up and change into her street clothes before rushing excitedly out of the club's back door. She always felt giddy when she knew she'd be seeing Mideon. She made her way outside and waited in the dim light for her beloved to finish his shift.

#48 gothador_nadat

gothador_nadat
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:43

“Tomorrow, then,â€

#49 gothador_darkrose16

gothador_darkrose16
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:12

**OOC: The parts in italics are inner monologue... in case you were wondering.**

The drive home was long and uneventful as usual, though it gave me time to look over the Madame’s ledger. Turning page after page, all the entries were perfect: everything in its place.

Its a little too perfect if you ask me. That damnable woman… She’s the one that put me in this sour mood. Why must she always insist on going against the flow? Do these people not know that if it weren’t for me, this town wouldn’t survive… wouldn’t thrive? What the hell is wrong with them? I must go to see my niece tomorrow afternoon. Since George passed away, I’m in need of a faithful helper. I’m sure she will love a job like that… and she’s not afraid to get her hands dirty… I knew there was a reason I loved her so much. Just like me in so many ways, but all her own person… so independent. And that Zara… she’s finally out of the hospital. That little wench is lucky I didn’t pursue the matter any further, or she never would have woken up in that hospital bed. She was always a busy body, and by the looks of it, she still is. Why would the first place you go to after getting out of the hospital be a strip club?

As we pull past the gates of the large estate, I sigh a breath of relief. Finally home.

Once parked in front of the house, I open the door. “See you tomorrow Larry.â€

#50 gothador_burtonx

gothador_burtonx
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:42

"Lunch sounds good Rose, i'll get in touch with you later, its getting busy in here and i'm understaffed tonight...goodbye". I hung up the receiver and put my cigarette out in the ashtray. I shook my head and said to myself "Those Feds, when will they ever learn?".

I made my way back of my office to see a couple new faces around the bar. Nadat was stumbling her way out the door as I made my way back behind the counter and took in the scene. The place was really hoping at this point as I went back to my busy work of cleaning the countertop. Several people on Rose's payroll were sitting at various tables around the place, carrying on with their business as usual.

I glanced over at the "Town Gigolo" Insatiable as his eyes had zeroed in on his prey for the night. I traced his line of vision to the corner where a lonely woman sat, half burned cigarette in her hand, thinking heavily about something. Little did she know, Insatiable was plotting on adding another notch this evening.

He slowly moved his way towards the bar and asked me for a bottle of his favorite, "The Green Fairy" I nodded to him and poured him his drink and a second one for his prey. He slammed some platinum on the table and was off to the hunt in no time. Just another night for him here at the Mad Hatter's...

#51 poobumrun

poobumrun
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 16:13

Having seen his beloved Persephone finish her shift, after safely emerging from the dressing room with Zara, he went back to business as usual. Breaking a few limbs of customers who got a little bit too "friendly" with the girls, and were a bit to drunk to be asked to leave. He smiled at the pain he was paid to inflict upon others.

Exiting from the back and seeing the love of his life was waiting in the alley for him he smiles "Love you should not have, you know how dangerous this area is. Anyways I have to get up early tomorrow so lets head home."

Arriving at his place carrying his love over the threshold, he smiles "Shall we .... play tonight?" Smiling he carries her up to the shower and the laugh deep into the night." The only thing keeping those words of "10 O'Clock sharp" from troubling him was being there with his love close to him..... Finally having worn each other out they fell asleep in one anothers arm infront of the fire place.

#52 Lovichas

Lovichas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 16:31

Nightwing's acute senses were slowly being dulled by alcohol....and like every good soldier, he had enough wits about him to know when to stop. He accepted what he determined would be the last drink of the evening from the slick dressed suit down the bar.

This wasn't going anywhere...he wasn't learning anything that appeared to be valuable....except that he need to be wary of everyone. There were vast hidden layers of events taking place all around him.

He downed the drink, threw some coins on the bar, and checked his pockets. He was getting low on money and would need to start thinking about work.....*work*, he thought...*the only work I'm good for is war...who needs a battle scarred warhorse like me?*

Looking around the bar one last time as he left, he smiled to himself as he realized that in a town like this, violence was just like everything else....for sale.

#53 gothador_tshedevil

gothador_tshedevil
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 17:01

Driving towards her new "hometown" and its local bar, several thoughts run through her mind. Why on earth other than the fact that aunty prolly wants her to do some backhanded deals, would her aunt require her services? She racks through her brain trying to remember what holes she's dug herself in that haven't been refilled.

"Urgh, well time to go face the music, maybe I can found my aunt, or I should say colleague in here." Parking her car, being wary of her surroundings, she walks in, half heartedly praying she's in here. Adjusting to the dim, smoky atmosphere, she strides up to the bar, taking an empty seat two seats away from the suit tailored man. "Excuse me" she asked the bartender. "I'm looking for Rose, have you seen her tonight?"

"She was here earlier, but briefly. I haven't seen you around here before, just move here?" he replied, motioning if she wanted a drink.

"Unfortunately yes, I’m just here for family reasons, which I'd rather not say." she glanced around the room, taking a second glass at the suit tailored man. "I would ask for a drink but I don't want to take a risk driving home drunk so water please and the name is Tshedevil, Tshe to my friends."

#54 gothador_darkraven00

gothador_darkraven00
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 17:12

you know I swear i was going to get up and inquire about a job. yet again here I am having cocktails by myself thinkin about, o hell, which loser am I going to fall for this time

The Mad Hatter is full of people and this would be a perfect place for a little entertainment. Again you see Raven scanning the bar for the owner..."hmmm that looks like him". She weaves a little as she walks over to the bar.

"Hello my name is DarkRaven or if you prefer Raven, Im new in town but have a proposition for you...

Ive got to remember to not slur or make a pass at him...thats what went wrong in the last place

Raven reclines against a barstool, trying to put her best...er...foot forward. "Let me just say it out and you tell me what you think...You have a hoppin place and maybe on fridays and Saturdays we could arrange a little entertainment...here is my record and my number take a listen and call me." This redhead knew she was good and normally thats all it took, who wouldnt want a sultry sexpot singin in thier bar?

damn! I told you not to flirt...maybe the swishin of ur ass was a little too much huh? now Im talkin to myself. lol. Oh well, whats done is done, Ill let my voice speak for itself...hmm...another cocktail before i head back to the apartment?

Instead of walkin out the door, Raven just walks back to the same table as before, motions to the pretty waitress girlie and settles in for ONE more relaxing vodka. Blue eyes scanning the patrons speculatively.

Maybe i just need a night out...lets have a lil fun huh? i deserve it right?

#55 gothador_zarathustra

gothador_zarathustra
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 19:41

After Persephone glided from the room, Zara remained seated in the plush armchair, thinking. It was a start. Finally, she crushed out her cigarette, stood up, and walked out of the dressing room. When she again found herself in main room of the bar, she kept walking, straight out the front door.

Hurrying across town on foot, she noticed that Insatiable was no longer perched on his bench, but was now down the street, inside the Mad Hatter’s… Along with half the town, it seemed.

She kept walking, taking glances around her as she went. Passing landmarks that should have been familiar, she felt nothing. Maybe she’d fallen in love in that restaurant? Maybe she used to play on that swing set? She shook her head, as if that would empty it of its idle wonderings.

Finally, she found herself in the back yard of the home she shared with Hoof. Taking one last puff off her cigarette, she entered the house and crept into the bedroom. She heaved a sigh of relief at finding Hoof already asleep in bed, pealed off her smoky clothes, and quietly climbed in next to him. Tomorrow she would put her plan into action.

#56 gothador_mtk1701

gothador_mtk1701
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 23:15

mtk looks down at the beautiful vision a couple seats away from him. He is now on his fifth drink and needs a second to realize that he is not seeing twins. He moves... well, stumbles... over to her and smiles. "Hello there, pretty town.. I'm the lady's best defense lawyer. He fumbles out his card and leaves it on the bar. If you ever need my help on a case," he slurs,"then I'd be your man. Of course, you're beautiful enough, I'd love to be your man even with no case." He looks up into her eyes, suddenly aware he has been talking the whole time to her chest. They are the sort of eyes you could fall into. He decides he has had enough, so he just winks at her and tips an imaginary hat. He leaves a generous tip for Burton and salutes the veteran again, walking toward the door unsteadily. As he goes, he can't help but steal a surreptitious glance at the lady's behind.

#57 gothador_darkrose16

gothador_darkrose16
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 00:42

Wrapped in a warm terrycloth robe, Rose sat down behind the desk in her home office. Before picking up the phone. She took a brief walk down memory lane, looking at the family picture on her desk. It’s been so long. God, I miss you dearly.

Listening to the phone ring, it seemed an eternity before he finally picked up. “Burt, I know you’re busy, so I’ll make this quick. If a young lady by the name of Tshedevil shows up, her drinks are on me. Also, if you could relay a message to her… Ask her to please stop by before she heads home. Thank you Burt. Until next week then.â€

#58 gothador_sephidroth

gothador_sephidroth
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:16

Stepping out of the bar, he quickly looked around to see if anyone else might be watching. Deciding things looked clear, he turned to follow the brash young detective that had stormed out of the bar only moments before. When he caught up to the detective, he quickly stepped up next to him and threw his arm around the young man’s shoulder.
“Wha- … Hey!â€

#59 gothador_nadat

gothador_nadat
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:28

Slowly the blonde walked up the steps in front of her house. One. Two. Three. Too bad they didn’t turn into a ramp when she was tired or drunk. “Home sweet home. Probably filthy. I doubt my lousy ex used the money I sent towards upkeep…â€

#60 gothador_musicaltige

gothador_musicaltige
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:23

The back door to The Tiger's den opened. The bright shiny fingernails of the Madame wrapped around the door as she poked her head out into the alley, looking both ways. Satisfied that she was alone, Musicaltiger stepped out into the darkness and made her way down to the parking lot.

Madame's car was as extravagant as her hairdo. Lots of sparkling chrome, and a bright pink paint job. It was hard to miss when she drove it down the street, her radio blasting out the latest disco tunes. She knew how much the owner of the Mad Hatter hated disco, and she enjoyed turning it up even further when she passed.

As the door closed on the driver's side of the car, a key could be heard turning in the ignition. Click....click....

BOOM!

The night sky was suddenly lit up by a humongous explosion as Madame's car was engulfed in flames.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: