• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Zentorius

Zentorius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:10

Just saying there's sooo many epics in-game that the price in market has crashed. Its not even worth titan hunting anymore imo. thanks

#2 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:47

Epics are used for stam gain. If the "reward" isn't worth it to you personally, others will probably find it to be worthwhile. 

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:52

Epics are used for stam gain. If the "reward" isn't worth it to you personally, others will probably find it to be worthwhile. 

Rename them then...you can't disagree that they aren't EPIC anymore by definition. Epics are supposed to be rare not the norm... 

#4 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:39

Rename them then...you can't disagree that they aren't EPIC anymore by definition. Epics are supposed to be rare not the norm... 

I don't see any need to rename them. "Rare" does NOT form part of the definition of Epic. The task required is the same.

Anyway, don't want to get off topic; happy to discuss in another more appropriate thread.

On the idea of fragging Epics, I'd be against the idea because I personally see no purpose.  

Using other Epics for creating better ones, I don't think is a good idea. However, it's been done before in several cases, so I'm not "as much" against.

#5 TSDaedalus

TSDaedalus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 April 2016 - 00:50

I agree that it's not worth it for me to titan hunt... except for during holiday events. But it is worth it for lower levels, plus it can be fun. The resource in game that I value the most is stam gain, followed closely by max stam. So since I've maxed out my stam gain upgrades, the best epics I can afford for my level are a necessity. Unfortunately, I've cleared the point at which the low cost epics are worthwhile to me.* I'd welcome any further price drops, but I would like to see more recipes that use pointless epics (like fu stones and skaldir boots) to make better ones.

*If you level up some, you'll find a considerably different environment; one that is more favorable to titan hunting.

Edited by TSDaedalus, 30 April 2016 - 00:52.

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 21:12

I just don't see what the deal is here. The term "Epic" is merely a classification, anyway, not an indicator of value. Else "rare" and "unique" items would be valued for more than composing, and hunting SE's would be more than just a hobby... It's just a game anyway, I don't want a flunctuating economy plagued by inflation here, I get enough of that IRL.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#7 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 21:21

Going back to Egamis comment, I would love to see more disposable use for Epic and also SE items in the game. The more we consume these items, the more the need for them, more fun for us.

I would also like to see a new wave of BOUND SE, Ladder, Arena, Titan items. Maybe with a view to creating something different that we dont already have. I have ideas i will go into detail in new post.

#8 Tegwean

Tegwean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 14:09

I would love to see epic set's.

#9 EvilRisen

EvilRisen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 21:44

that would be crazy, but kinda cool i would think. but epic sets would only be like 1000+

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:47

BG and hoof alike have said many times NO EPIC SETS.
End of story, move along, nothing to see here.......

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#11 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 14:38

I wonder if the ability to trade an Epic for an Epic potion would increase the desirability of the items?

#12 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 23:58

Since we started out this thread (oh so long ago  :) ) with the fact that epic items were so common that it wasn't worth titan hunting any more, don't forget the medals and the guild status involved.  It's not +6 stamina gain, but it's certainly something.

#13 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 13:32

Yeah they're so common some of my guildmates are getting rich off of them.... Even the most common sell for an average of 35 purples, and I've seen armor go for as much as 250. Personally, I hate titan hunting, because it's boring and too difficult to compete on a mobile device. I, and others like me, have no other option than to buy from those that are titan addicts. They still make the FS economy healthy. They were never really designed for much more than stam/xp gain anyway, except at the lower levels where they can give extra damage that can't be achieved with other equipment. They don't need to be a set, they don't need to be changed.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#14 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 19:59

Since we started out this thread (oh so long ago  :) ) with the fact that epic items were so common that it wasn't worth titan hunting any more, don't forget the medals and the guild status involved.  It's not +6 stamina gain, but it's certainly something.

Just had to build off the "oh so long ago". I'd strongly disagree that Titan "drops" are common.

As far as I see, Titans continue to die. 

Grant it, there aren't so many clean-up crews out there. 

But the point is that Titans die. I'd humbly recommend that those of us who have all of them at every level step back and remember what it cost us to get them. 

Grant it, many of us have purchased them while many of us have also put forth the stam to get them. 

The fatal error is assuming that a drop in FSP price via AH is somehow correlated to "value". 

#15 SgtWolf

SgtWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:16

I would also love to see this, especially with some of the first EPICS that don't have a Stamina Gain.

As for Hunting for these items, I think they are still good for some Guilds or Players that want to have a Stamina Gain Offline Set. 

I have had my Own Offline Stamina Gain Set for a couple Years. 

My Guild also provides a certain amount of Stamina Gain Equipment for its Members to share, this has only cause a little "In-Fighting" a few times when Members kept taking items from Offline Members.  Now, that we have more items they "Collect Dust" in the Guild Store waiting for Members to use them.

Guardian Wolf of the Cross of Tortured Souls

#16 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:09

Well...new DQ: Discard 1 Epic from BP and get Stamina Gain upgrade for Character provided upgrade not maximised,XD

Edited by andyvince, 22 September 2016 - 11:10.

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 20:59

Well...new DQ: Discard 1 Epic from BP and get Stamina Gain upgrade for Character provided upgrade not maximised,XD

You know, I spent real cash to obtain my epics (still saving for armor) It will be a cold day in Hades before this old lady will scrap any of it....

Ya'll need your heads examined....

Next cockamamie idea?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#18 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:53

You know, I spent real cash to obtain my epics (still saving for armor) It will be a cold day in Hades before this old lady will scrap any of it....
Ya'll need your heads examined....
Next cockamamie idea?

I was kidding, like you I have to use my phone doing things here so unable to insert the Emotional symbol to highlight it wasn't really serious suggestion. You do get the value-equivalents back for something players complaint are getting too many.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: