• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 20:32

I am probably going somewhere untrodden, but.....

How about seizing the future and adopting a crypto-currency as a payment method for FSP?

It would give players opportunity  to mine/trade/buy their FSP. It is possible even with a simple CPU(GPU are obviously more profitable) if we chose the right currency. I can give a simple setup guide to do this.

For example, there is a UK based crypto with a huge community following it, Electroneum #ETN.

Not only would we encourage the current game base to find a passive additional source for purchasing FSP, we would also be putting the game in front of 1000`s of #ETN community members who are looking for an additional purpose for their currency.

Just an idea to move with the times....... Thoughts?

#2 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 21:46

Zorgs' thread from 2014: https://forums.hunte...pic=62325&page=

there's also a new crypto currency based on bacon

logo12.png  https://baconmoney.org

Edited by duktayp, 20 April 2018 - 19:49.

#3 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 16:10

"get with the times" you are aware of the timeline for the app right??

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 April 2018 - 16:19

"get with the times" you are aware of the timeline for the app right??

You mean the app that has had rapid and consistent updates? The Apps that we have two people working on? tongue.png

Let's stay on topic, yes?

~ Grim

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 April 2018 - 19:41

Personally, I don't trust crypto currency or any other cyber funds. My bank and PayPal work fine for most online purchases, and Google for when I want to use Google Play credits that I earn for their surveys.  The rest are just too likely to either collapse or turn out to be scams, imho....

Sorry, but I'm hoping Hoof will reject this idea.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 20:53

Ok to just stay on this topic and specific to this ill give reasons why this wont work,,,

1 bitcoin price (as of this time today) $8517.28/1  so unless you want to buy something like 40k in FSP its not realistic,,,etherium is something like $300 a unit too.

2 This opens a door for mining as well as other issues that would make the site less secure.

3 biggest one crypto currency irregardless of what its intended use was has become the #1 currency for hackers,, do you really want your account hijacked and held for ransom???

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 April 2018 - 21:29

These be facts:

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#8 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 21:58

I have been invested in crypto for years. Never been hacked or had any issue. i see it as the future. If you are not careful online you can have issue, not just with crypto.

@Watagashi, Mining can not make FS more insecure. No idea how you make that link at all. And crypto is not the number 1  currency for hackers or illegal trading, look to the almighty dollar for that :D

My suggestion was not to link FS to any direct crypto activity, but to give an option to use for purchase. BTC and others will be increasing popular for sure, we are just at the beginning.

And Penny, I had my Paypal hacked twice. They payed it back and corrected it(which would be more difficult in crypto I admit), but still... corruption is everywhere. Crypto wont collapse, it is just a baby waiting to grow. Its the same as the internet 20/30 years ago.

Dont want to turn this into a debate on crypto anyway, was just an honest suggestion as a way to increase traffic to the game. It is a huge market with huge potential. Could even generate enough so we could hire a full time content creator haha :D

#9 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 22:02

Zorgs' thread from 2014: https://forums.hunte...pic=62325&page=

there's also a new crypto currency based on bacon

logo12.png  https://baconmoney.org

Thanks, missed that. Zorg was onto something. I am amazed at the ignorance in the responses, but it was 2014 i guess. Still, it should be revisited.

Edited by Plexus37, 11 May 2018 - 22:04.

#10 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 22:29

My last comment on this..

My intention WAS NOT to promote bitcoin or crypto in general, but specifically the possibility of using Electroneum.

My intention WAS to try to generate a free way to earn FSP.

How it works.

You download the app, which 'simulates' mining on your phone in the background.

Its a mining experience, not real mining. Real mining would melt your phone lol.

It is used by over 100k people at time of writing.

You slowly get rewarded currency which could be exchanged for FSP.

No cost to the FS community, and the cows could of course sell the gained coins.

Its a free way to get FSP and for the cows to still take income from it.

Plus if marketed well could put FS in front of a huge audience.

Electroneum's plans are to put this system to mass adoption by mobile carriers to pay phone bills etc..

Just my opinion. Why not be one of the first to jump on this new technology?

Please research it before answering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: