#1 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 09 August 2020 - 01:07

ok with all the chatter going on atm about this topic im looking for some type of ruleing on it as it could very well change the way we all store guild items.'

are we allowed to send items to inactive pacs ,if so how many ?

as ive being saying for the last 3 or 4 years  make inactive players pacs inactive ,solves the problem

Edited by activeh1, 09 August 2020 - 01:12.

5aZzW0p.png,

#2 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 09 August 2020 - 01:10

Edited by activeh1, 09 August 2020 - 01:11.

5aZzW0p.png,

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 August 2020 - 01:12

I don't think there's a rule, per se, about BP spam, but there was once one about gold spam, so, I suppose BG will have to clarify this.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 09 August 2020 - 01:36

I don't think there's a rule, per se, about BP spam, but there was once one about gold spam, so, I suppose BG will have to clarify this.

well i hope he does cause it could get rather nasty if we dont get some sorta answer

5aZzW0p.png,

#5 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:21

you are level 4400+ and been playing since 2013 and you need HCS to tell you if you are allowed to send items to inactives? im sure a 7 year vet such as yourself can figure out the answer. 

as ive being saying for the last 3 or 4 years  make inactive players pacs inactive ,solves the problem

i don't understand what's the issue here? if the player did not want their backpack filled with guild items, then they can go to user interface and block it. don't see why you wouldn't want to help your guild if they cant afford to buy guild store. don't fix whats not broken.

btw no one is chatting about this but you... you will have to provide for me some links about these threads.

Edited by Alisa, 09 August 2020 - 04:22.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:29

I believe this is about Backpack spam from people outside a guild Alisa.....  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#7 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 August 2020 - 05:17

I believe this is about Backpack spam from people outside a guild Alisa.....  

you can block people so you don't get spammed.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 06:06

you can block people so you don't get spammed.

yeah, but a guild's inactives can't do that cuz they are long gone .....   

and certain people think it's funny or cute or something to fill the backpacks of a guild's entire pool of inactives with junk that can never ever be removed ......

kinda childish imho, but far as I know it's not against the rules.  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#9 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 09 August 2020 - 06:16

like i said easy solution make there pacs inactive as well

5aZzW0p.png,

#10 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 13:48

If it is about filling inactive players spaces why would HCS change a thing?

It's not a right for guilds to have inactive players that inadvertently help them out by having space. If anything it's detrimental to their economy with less fsp spent on active players backpacks and guild store slots.

Imagine the time on tickets if it was to be challenged, and you want more new stuff in game?

#11 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 00:25

Pack mules have long been in game. 

Agree with others... leave it alone. 

Unfortunate that a guild or two currently accept new players and don't help them with the base assumption that they will quit and convert to convenient bp space. 

We got rid of bp mules around 5 years ago.... maybe more, when we caught fillers. 

Personal advice... spend those FSP on GS spots. Taking the short route is soooo wrong. Trust me. ,oP

#12 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:36

ok with all the chatter going on atm about this topic im looking for some type of ruleing on it as it could very well change the way we all store guild items.'

So now you want an official ruling after you did this yourself many times before?  Did you really think nobody knew it was you or that you hadn't been caught?  Don't know who filled your guilds packs and frankly, I don't care.  Feigning innocence and outrage at your own tactics is over the top, even for you.  Admins handle things as they see fit and, I know this will shock you but, they are too smart to be pigeonholed into something by the likes of you.

Screenshot everything!

#13 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 10 August 2020 - 06:54

So now you want an official ruling after you did this yourself many times before?  Did you really think nobody knew it was you or that you hadn't been caught?  Don't know who filled your guilds packs and frankly, I don't care.  Feigning innocence and outrage at your own tactics is over the top, even for you.  Admins handle things as they see fit and, I know this will shock you but, they are too smart to be pigeonholed into something by the likes of you.

well it would be nice to get an official ruling then we all know where we stand 

never said i was innocent just want a firm yes ,no or maybe ?

5aZzW0p.png,

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2020 - 16:19

Why do other peoples backpacks bother you?

Why do you feel the need to fill other peoples backpacks when they can't do anything about it?

~ Grim

#15 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2020 - 16:46

he admit long ago he was filling backpacks, its why I'm confused about this thread.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 17:06

Backpack spam, gold spam, it's all juvenile behavior anyway.  Grow up people, MOST of us are supposedly adults.  Act like it!

If I remember right, gold spam was deemed a form of player harassment back in the day.  Not sure if Backpack spam was included in this, but I do know that both were the stimulus for the preferences portion of our character settings (All, Aliies and guild mates, Nobody)...  Unfortunately, these preferences cannot be changed if a player is long gone from FS, and folks that spam these inactives for whatever reason cause nothing but problems for everyone.  

Since most guilds do indeed use inactives for pack mules to defer the high cost of store slots (or because store slots have  long been maxed)  it's obvious to me that Guild Store purchases seriously needs to be addressed.  Costs need to be lowered and the cap should be raised.  Otherwise this problem will continue with no end to the debate.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#17 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 00:58

Why do other peoples backpacks bother you?

Why do you feel the need to fill other peoples backpacks when they can't do anything about it?

~ Grim

Seems to clarify it just fine. The bridge isnt always cleaner under the other side.

#18 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 19:09

+1 vote for decreased store cost and an authentic way to build your guild outside of pack mules. I know almost every start up guild i've been in since 2009 has preferred personal back pack of the guild founder over guild store slots. I find it economically unfeasible for somewhat poor guild founders to do it the "right" way

Edited by Shadow19231, 12 August 2020 - 19:12.

#19 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 21:49

Having thought about it a bit from the poster's point of view and the game in general. 

I'd vote for it not being possible to send items to any player that has been inactive for 7 days.

#20 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 13 August 2020 - 01:52

Having thought about it a bit from the poster's point of view and the game in general. 

I'd vote for it not being possible to send items to any player that has been inactive for 7 days.

well yea id vote for that as well

5aZzW0p.png,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: