44 replies to this topic

#1 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 21:11

So currently I have a couple of forum threads going, and I thought why not create another thread in the best interest of the game and the players in the game. 

So, in the spirit of Christmas, I'm suggesting that HCS reward all the players of Fallen Sword an additional "Free" 100 stam gain per hr. 

Yes, this is a sincere request and while it may sound a little crazy at first... the idea might grow on players in game and our Devs. 

By increasing stam gain - players would be online more - and be able to do more which is what this game needs. People want to play - but as we all agree we are limited to our stam bank. By increasing hourly ticks by 100 players could play more - be more active all of which I think is good. 

This idea will not hurt the game economy - players will still use epics regardless and this concept would help new and existing players in game achieve more and faster. By people being able to play and do more they are more also more likely to spend more and get involved with more as well. 

The game economy will be effected in a positive sense where more people will donate and spend to buy potions - gear - level - SE hunt - Titan hunt - farm plants - make potions - make gear... etc... There is little down side to this. 

I'm also suggesting that the upgrade screen be increased for players as well - I'd like to see the upgrade in stam increased from 25 - to 200 and an equal upgrade for xp gain as well. All of this will promote in game activity - which is needed - this will also help newer players rise - get gold - encourage them to donate to the game to get even more and so fourth. Help us, help the game - Players want to give more - do more - play more. Let's help make it happen... !

- Chazz

#2 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 22:06

No thanks, I don't agree with your evaluation.

I'll simply leave it at that. I'm sure others don't want to read my text walls here.

Prosperous smacking Chazz and everybody else. 

#3 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 22:08

No thank you, I don't need anything like that for free.

#4 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 22:15

No thank you, I don't need anything like that for free.

Regardless whether the stam is free or not - I think it would be great for the community as a whole. More stam would equal more people being able to play more. I'm honestly surprised people the first two replies are people saying no to stam? More per hour - I thought would be a greater benefit for the people and game as a whole. 

The concept of increasing max stam on the upgrade page from 25 to 200 I think would be an improvement for quality of life for many here as well. By doing that as well would also enable player new and older player to spend more and do more. 

#5 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 22:36

No, for same reason other disagree even though not mentioned.

#6 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 22:42

I promised I'd agree with you when you have good ideas. Keep trying ;) lol

I don't think this would be a good idea, because it would just crowd EOC even more, and make more people even more bored sitting at EOC. I personally have no problem finding ways to spend my stamina, I have serious issues saving stamina despite being a EOC, but most people get VERY bored at EOC. It's really not good for the game, and you should try to think up ideas that could keep people busy while not using stamina, instead of boosting stamina gains. :)

og3DxyP.gif

#7 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 23:19

I see people saying no to this concept - I've also heard that if stamina gaining was made easier people would quit/ leave the game. However I don't understand why? 

By the upgrade screen and increasing the purchase value of stamina from 25 (current max) to 200 - this would produce a lot of revenue for the game, in which could go into helping to create and expand content. 

The concept of expanding stamina gain on the hourly basis would also promote new player and staying in game as they would be able to play and level 4 or more times per week. 

I'm not sure I personally subscribe to the idea that players would quit - or leave. I this idea would promote new players and player retention why also increasing capital for the game. It seems like a win win but I'm hearing no no... I'm just not sure but perhaps I'm wrong?

Regardless, if I'm right or wrong, I want everyone to know your opinion and thoughts are valued and appreciated - regardless if they are different than my own. I encourage everyone to share thoughts. 

Edited by Chazz224, 30 November 2016 - 23:20.

#8 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2016 - 23:45

Going to say no to this idea sorry!

#9 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 23:50

I see people saying no to this concept - I've also heard that if stamina gaining was made easier people would quit/ leave the game. However I don't understand why? 

By the upgrade screen and increasing the purchase value of stamina from 25 (current max) to 200 - this would produce a lot of revenue for the game, in which could go into helping to create and expand content. 

The concept of expanding stamina gain on the hourly basis would also promote new player and staying in game as they would be able to play and level 4 or more times per week. 

I'm not sure I personally subscribe to the idea that players would quit - or leave. I this idea would promote new players and player retention why also increasing capital for the game. It seems like a win win but I'm hearing no no... I'm just not sure but perhaps I'm wrong?

Regardless, if I'm right or wrong, I want everyone to know your opinion and thoughts are valued and appreciated - regardless if they are different than my own. I encourage everyone to share thoughts. 

At the current pace of stm gain EOC players already "demands" new contet a lot more often than in the past, imagine if the stm gain be doubled ... even it happening just for a day there are still players that won't like overflowing in stm faster as they maybe don't have so much max stm or already planned to hunt in an specific day they have time and if the stm gain be increased they would overflown and maybe won't like seeing that happening as other players took advantage of that if they liked despite others that could not take any advantage of that (for example if that player was offline for few days an lost it)  ... also your stm gain is only "recognised" by the system at the very moment you long on the game .... so this simple 1 day double stm gain could come bugging the player total stm gain if they was away for longer -> an player offline for a week logging on that "gifted day" would receive 2 weeks of stm gain, while sb that did not logged that very specific day would not get any doubled stm from that day he/she was offline.

That's why it is not an good idea

Edited by Kbyte, 30 November 2016 - 23:59.

#10 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:45

Chazz, I love the fact you're throwing out ideas for all. You really should try starting out a little smaller though. 100 stam gain an hour?  They come out with new epics with +1 above the next best item.  100+ more stam an hour comes off as very unrealistic in comparison. 

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:08

I've been around for a few xmas's now multiplicative or nty.

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:35

Sorry..... There's a reason that stam rebuilds so slowly.... Mainly so we have a reason to return tomorrow or next week or next year, whatever floats your particular boat. If stam built very much faster, (what you're proposing is 2-3x the normal rate), we'd all be at or near EoC, with nothing left to do. Then we'd have more "deleveling trends", where numerous players are intentionally delevelling themselves just to have an activity. Better that we have something new and completely different to break the monotony that is grinding levels... TBH, the usual 2XP event with the special holiday-themed quests, le's and titans, accompanied by that piece of FS Birthday Cake (hope it's a big TH this time) are fine with me. Oh, a maybe a special super duper heavy duty double throw down GE, (Killer Christmas trees, maybe?)

Edited by BadPenny, 01 December 2016 - 05:35.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#13 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:41

that would be 100 stam gain more an hour to bleed away..

#14 fallengerm

fallengerm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:38

I have to agree with everyone else at to this idea not being a great one, with my current upgrades 25/25 for stam gained an hr i get 99 stam an hr with out epics, with epics i get 118 and will be higher when i can equip some better epics. and if my math is right those at eoc with best epics and max upgrades can get around 130+ stam gain an hr and i think anything over 150 stam gain an hr is crazy even for those with massive stam banks

#15 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 13:48

This is ridiculous. We already have a huge number of players at EoC with a distinct lack of content incoming. More and more players with every event get closer as well. We don't need to add to these frustrations by accelerating everyone there.

We have enough easily attainable stamina through upgrades and cheap epics to do whatever we wish to.

Taking the endurance shrine typically at level 3 into account but not any relic bonus the base stamina gain for the majority of us is 97. With the best epics at levels 2,600 and above you can add an additional 53 stamina gain per hour. 150 stamina gain per hour in total is surely more than enough for anyone.

If you proposed a lower amount of stamina gain increase. Perhaps an increase in the available upgrades then maybe the pros and cons of that could be discussed and not immediately dismissed by many including hoof. I think a drastic increase was always going to be shot down.

#16 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 16:59

i can see the base motivation behind this idea  bringing more ppl in to the game and keeping them in game longer. i can see how it would cause more to be at EOC.   i do agree with the concept of having some part of the game triggering players to be online longer and bring the active player # back up. 

#17 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 18:47

i dont know about more stam per hour. it would be nice. though I see the same high level players on every day for weeks at a time, who never use what Stam they do have. So No. Cant see this.

#18 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 22:06

i dont know about more stam per hour. it would be nice. though I see the same high level players on every day for weeks at a time, who never use what Stam they do have. So No. Cant see this.

Then again, should all that is suggested be measured against high level player needs? Personally I do not see the difference between 100 players at EOC or 300. Fact is that there is more to do around here than just levelling, which should be developped and played more. 

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:38

Then again, should all that is suggested be measured against high level player needs? Personally I do not see the difference between 100 players at EOC or 300. Fact is that there is more to do around here than just levelling, which should be developped and played more.

There is also life, real life, outside of FS. Much more stam gain, and the majority of players could feasably level 3 times as often (on the lower tier without any access to epics and with only partial upgrades) Those of us that sleep in full epics with fully maxed upgrades, well, we have already shown a propensity to playing this game way more often tha proper adulting prescribes. Sorry, though many of us *want* more stam faster, not a single one of us *needs* it.

In the olden days, Hoof would answer such suggestions as these by telling us go outside and play while stam builds. I think there's a Pokemon thing now that encourages you to do that. Or, you could always go back to adulting (except for our teenagers, who should be doing some kind of learning the fine art of adulting)....

Edited by BadPenny, 04 December 2016 - 09:39.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#20 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 17:55

If you go outside to play Pokemon, please be careful and look both ways before you go after that one in the middle of the road. People have been hit and knocked for a loop because they didn't look.   Be sure to take a friend with you if you go into the trees in a park, you never know what might be lurking. 

Safety as well as fun. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: