Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 December 2016 - 22:58

Ive seen the light...

photo.jpg

On a side note, there is alot more to this game than levels, its best you get out of that mindset. This game has a plethora of content for you to play through, compete in and master. The early levels in this game are much faster than the higher ones, not to mention how effortless it is to now one hit. Little be known, but there was a time when we didnt have super potions, composing, epic quests and all these new buffs to bolster Xp rates. If you want to level faster, I suggest you look around and take advantage of these instead of asking for a handout. Its ironic that you ask for a fast lane, when you havent even taken the time to reach level 100, most folks get there in less than a week these days.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#42 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 23:19

W/e enjoy ur game then, you brag you played for 10 years, where is the catch up mechanism for new players? You worked hard blah blah blah... who cares? You are less important then the new fresh players for a game to survive. You experienced it all. All I am saying is this game will most likely not live for 10 more years, and if it does, then great. To my point: I don't want to play for 10 years to catch up to you, I will most likely never experience what you are experiencing. You are to selfish to see the problem imo.

Top players have 150+ stam/hr

You can't catch up, there's no catch up mechanism in the game, that's the problem.
What you brag you did in 10 years, I want to do in half at least

I'm not sure why you need to catch up and I assume we are talking levels here. The main reason that I tried to gain as many levels as I could within as short a time as possible was to try to attract players to my Guild. Gaining levels would allow me to provide a wider range of buffs which to some might be a reason to join. You don't have this problem at the moment.

Higher levels allows you to experience more of the game:

You have 4 titans that you can hunt, one, the Hunted Cow Titan, is very popular due to its drops and its newness and well worth having a pop at. It's in your level range.

Arena, it's in your level range.

GvG, it's in your level range,

Super Elite hunting is in your level range.

PvP is in your level range.

PvP Ladder is in your level range.

Bounty Board is in your level range.

Chest hunting is in your level range.

Need I go on?

Mate, I fully understand where you are coming from as i still get annoyed at the comments about how the game was so much better "way back when" as I always fell they are counter productive.

And remember this, your level is merely a number and not who you are in the game. Placing importance on a players level will lead to only one thing......disappointment.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 11 December 2016 - 23:41.

#43 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:07

I want to know what games out there have been around for 10 years that give new players the ability to jump immediately up to where long time players are at. Not that I play many, but I have yet to see one and doubt it would be much of a challenge. I'm never going to understand the mind set of why so many people want the easy win. Where is the fun in clicking a few buttons and considering the game won? And why is EOC so important? I hate leveling. 1234r for 2 hours at a time is boring. I've been around like 8 yrs or something, so not quite as long as some of the old timers but certainly am not new. If leveling was all it was about, I'd have left a long time ago. Giving 'new' players an easy win isn't going to give them more reason to be interested in staying around in the game. There needs to be some sort of challenge, or something to strive for. Otherwise, what's the point?

#44 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:08

I do agree with all the posts about there being *much* more to this game than simply EOC, and that most of the enjoyment available at level 3000 is also available at level 50.

However, I can also see that there is a psychological impact of starting a game and thinking that it is going to take even 5 years to get to its pinnacle. It is not that one needs an immediate win without putting in effort. But it may be that 5 years (let alone 10 years) to work through the game content can seem like an eternity when one first starts, and that may not seem like an attractive feature.

This is also a psychological impact that grows with time. Most of us posting in this thread joined a much smaller (content-wise) game. I remember seeing those notifications of new realms on the home page and thinking they were too far off, and they were only level 500. Even Wil (I think the most recent starter to have posted a response to Qloak) joined a game where EOC was just above 1000. Now, such people see 3000 levels.

I also remember that one of the reasons that distance to EOC didn't put me off when I first started was because there were so many people around my level, and when I was level 100 it seemed like there were more people behind me (level-wise) than in front of me, so it felt like I was playing where the action was.

3000 levels later I realise that much about the game is pretty level-independent. But if one doesn't outlast that first psychological impact, then one stops playing FS before discovering that. In that sense, Qloak has raised a problem that those of us who would like to see a growing FS population should wish to solve. That solution doesn't lie in extra-super-fast-leveling (contrary to my earlier post), but it may lie in things like making it clear that this is not a game where the challenges get more demanding at higher levels, or enabling easier access to information right from the start, or better ways to join/build a relevant community that shares your focus, or ... If we had those things right, then maybe new players like Qloak wouldn't be looking at EOC at all.

As Wil said: "your level is merely a number and not who you are in the game". Perhaps Qloak's real question is how to make that fact obvious to all players during their first week.

Edited by rowbeth, 12 December 2016 - 08:11.

#45 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:35

Going to say no to this idea sorry!

*Locked*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users