Photo

Will there be lag during the double XP event?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Will there be lag during the double XP event? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Yes (18 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. No (2 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

3. No idea (1 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

Vote

#1 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 16:33

I thought this post would be "funny".

It's meant to put pressure on HCS which has been there for years.

It's further meant to be a heads up for a team that, I feel, needs to concentrate their efforts if they are "really so busy" working on the app. 

*waves to Zue* Finally. 

The question HCS needs to ask is why so many of us "expect" there to be lag. Their quest is to fix it ahead of time.

13:00ST is 14:00 HCS time. Good that you're planning for an afternoon of fixing issues. 

I hope you have hired peeps to deal with issues during the entire 72 hours. 

If not, as a client, I fully expect you to be working your a$$ off the entire time. 

I really hope that HCS steps up to the plate ahead of their app release. 

Please, please show me that my 10 years of experience has finally been relegated to past mismanagement and we can expect something better for the future.

Edited by Egami, 24 June 2017 - 16:35.

#2 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 17:13

l46CD5MwYmfMJTIXK.gif 

#3 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 17:16

I hereby declare myself "him", lmfao. Duky FTW! 

#4 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 18:28

There will be lag. Period... End of story.

Their servers aren't equip to handle a lot of activity... Codes to blame probably as well. A little bit of both create the perfect masterpiece.

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2017 - 20:28

Will there be lag ? - are there 7 days in a week ? - of course there'll be lag.

The only question is how much - will it just slow down a bit, or will it grind to a halt ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 00:13

Servers ... bad / poor coding ... cloudflare ...   lag is a possibility each day and more so when events are running ....

It may also be a question of what country you are playing from as to lag due to  cloudflare 

Edited by ironlegs, 26 June 2017 - 17:46.

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:17

This just in:

In a misguided attempt to prevent incoming lag, all HCS server hamsters were given extra food.  Unfortunately a bag of chocolate chips was inadvertently added to the feed, and 4 hamsters have succumbed to a sugar overdose.  Although they will eventually survive, HCS officials are debating whether to substitute gerbils in the interim, or just use rats from the Legacy rat races and Mountain Path.  Stay tuned for an upcoming press conference to announce the final decision.

:P

Edited by BadPenny, 25 June 2017 - 02:17.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#8 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 16:45

tumblr_lw2qkjYlEg1qawrzyo1_500.gif

og3DxyP.gif

#9 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:37

yes there will be ,get over it and move on

5aZzW0p.png,

#10 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:54

2 votes saying no lag ? - Hmm, Hoof and BG methinks ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#11 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:53

The question is not WILL there be lag, rather how MUCH lag.  ;)

#12 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 13:12

I said no :))))))) I hunted just fine last event and i believe the same will be true this event, sure might be a little increase in delay between refreshs for example but it wont effect hunting :))))))

#13 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 13:33

lag is always worse on the first day - players who have been saving their stam rushing to hunt, then eases up on the 2nd and 3rd day

a horrible case of dog lag:

dNzmIYT.gif

#14 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 21:12

Really? I don't think suggesting peeps go to other games is really a good idea. Also pretty sure it violates the user agreement.

Anyway... how about we focus on making FS better? Making it a positive game environment and fixing the issues.

Especially ahead of that app. 

Thanks to Chooma for the optimistic outlook and thanks to peeps that made me chuckle. 

Keep it rolling.

Firmly believe that we might be able to teach a new dog, old tricks, for the benefit of the entire FS community. 

You don't believe it... check post #13. ,oP

#15 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:50

Really? I don't think suggesting peeps go to other games is really a good idea. Also pretty sure it violates the user agreement.

yea like i told them to go play another game

where does it say go to another game ,but if you think that then all good .

5aZzW0p.png,

#16 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:38

Someone start a post for everyone that plays during the xp event and experiences lag.

1. players In game name

2. Activity ( leveling,  pvp … etc )

3. Time experienced lag and how long it lasted

4. Type of down time i.e. ( Black screen, can't move on map, cloud fire not found, master data base can't be found )

5. Number of players active at the time

Hopefully the devs can post the topic on the home page so we can get an exact statistic not just he said she said

this way we can get some (hopefully truthful information ) so that if can give the devs something to look at for future prevention of this problem

#17 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 22:09

Apologies... I misinterpreted "move on". 

Edit: Uncola's #16 post is a great idea. My caveat is that HCS should set it up for proper feedback ahead of that app. 

Edited by Egami, 28 June 2017 - 22:11.

#18 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:19

This just in:

In a misguided attempt to prevent incoming lag, all HCS server hamsters were given extra food.  Unfortunately a bag of chocolate chips was inadvertently added to the feed, and 4 hamsters have succumbed to a sugar overdose.  Although they will eventually survive, HCS officials are debating whether to substitute gerbils in the interim, or just use rats from the Legacy rat races and Mountain Path.  Stay tuned for an upcoming press conference to announce the final decision.

:P

Sadly it appears a bovine has let a fox into the server room causing all hamsters to cease pedalling incase it notices them.

As a result cowboy proclaimed enough! shouting down from his parapet string theory does not apply to our code resulting in an extended stop work meeting where quantum physics and fallensword wiki were quoted ad nauseum leaving one person standing after several hours of consuming a fine single malt ... it is all over to you Zue can you save us from this impending Doom ......TBC

Edited by zizzwyly, 29 June 2017 - 10:28.

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2017 - 14:03

Hi there.

As ever, we will be setting extra servers live and doing our very best to minimize lag.

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: