Photo

Unbeatable buffs

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Unbeatable buffs (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Should reward buffs be untouchable in any way during combat?

1. Yes, leave them as they are. (5 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. No, change them so only Spell Break/Leech don't work but otherwise function normally. (35 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 16:52

While clearing bounties the other day, I noticed my Sealed buff showed that it was negating some of the new chest buffs but then the combat showed the negated buffs still activated. I sent in a ticket and was told that special buffs from rewards are untouchable by other buffs so even though Sealed activated, it had no actual effect during combat. No answer on what would happen when 2 opposing untouchable buffs activate in the same combat. Now I understand why Spell Break and Spell Leech don't work on reward buffs (and I agree they shouldn't) but I do think all other buffs should work normally during combat. I was told to post a poll about this so please vote and comment.

Screenshot everything!

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 16:55

They aren't unbeatable, should continue to function normally.

Edited by EpicPiety, 12 August 2015 - 16:58.

#3 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 12 August 2015 - 17:01

My vote is for No. Combat buffs should work the way they are intended - ie Sealed should be able to deactivate the chest buffs if it selects one of those specific buffs. I'm not sure if it's just specific to Sealed, but normally, Flinch should work to reduce attack (even if KE is being used from the potions). However, Spell Leach and Spell Breaker shouldn't be able to work on them.

#4 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 17:06

A buff that costs a few stamina and is level 175-192 should not block a buff thats level 500+...

Edited by EpicPiety, 12 August 2015 - 17:06.

#5 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 17:15

A buff that costs a few stamina and is level 175-192 should not block a buff thats level 500+...

Such buff has much lower chance of activation than high lvl pot but I see no reason the buffs should be untouchable just because they are high lvl. Just my opinion.

It is only fair the pots are immune to SB/SL but that is about all. If they are disabled for one combat it is only about luck, player is not effectively losing anything therefore I fail to see why should it be prohibited.

Edited by vlkfenrir, 12 August 2015 - 17:15.

• 3JS likes this

#6 hittokiri

hittokiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 17:42

this has to be hopefully a bug, I remember getting attacked and that sealed negated my KE epic skill from global chest and I kept missing because of it

I voted No because it is the right thing

what happends if epic dispel curse activates on epic DC? nothing? lol

Edited by hittokiri, 12 August 2015 - 17:43.

#7 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 19:05

I disagree. Let me explain why.

Sealed does not strip any buff like SB or SL. It is supposed to activate against TWO of your opponents buffs during one combat. It still works against Loyalty UB200s and those are only earned through donations. Why should only the already crazy, uber-overpowered buffs be excluded by Sealed's effect? It's unnecessary. It makes those that need to rely on the uber epic pots too favored.

This is simply another bug. Let's see how long it takes to update!!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#8 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 12 August 2015 - 19:34

Good question - maybe the game breaks, or it falls into an infinite loop of nothingness! 

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 21:16

I disagree. Let me explain why.

Sealed does not strip any buff like SB or SL. It is supposed to activate against TWO of your opponents buffs during one combat. It still works against Loyalty UB200s and those are only earned through donations. Why should only the already crazy, uber-overpowered buffs be excluded by Sealed's effect? It's unnecessary. It makes those that need to rely on the uber epic pots too favored.

This is simply another bug. Let's see how long it takes to update!!

You fancy luck pvp i guess... Maybe if it was Sealed 300...not a buff blocking an epic buff.

Edited by EpicPiety, 12 August 2015 - 21:16.

#10 batboy135

batboy135

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 00:05

They aren't unbeatable, should continue to function normally.

The fact that you said it's unbeatable makes you invalid in this topic. Nothing is unbeatable. As for Buffs that are high level. I say they should be able to have a chance at being sealed as it's more fair for players who can't receive these OP buffs. For players who both have epic buffs on, in a pvp,  it's still fair.  Being able to SB or leech is a different story and shouldn't be allowed. 

#11 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 August 2015 - 00:20

I fought against players using epic chests and my sealed always negated epic skill, it is bug

yotekiller, send ticket and tell HCS about this bug

longer it stays more trouble it brings

#12 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 00:37

I fought against players using epic chests and my sealed always negated epic skill, it is bug

yotekiller, send ticket and tell HCS about this bug

longer it stays more trouble it brings

My ticket on the matter is on page 2 of dialogue.  Now it's up to the community to decide how they want buffs to work.

Screenshot everything!

#13 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 August 2015 - 00:44

My ticket on the matter is on page 2 of dialogue.  Now it's up to the community to decide how they want buffs to work.

HCS want change that all epic pots always activating and not affect by anything?

this is stupid, are you sure you understood what HCS said to you, maybe they misunderstand you in tickets?

#14 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 00:48

HCS want change that all epic pots always activating and not affect by anything?

this is stupid, are you sure you understood what HCS said to you, maybe they misunderstand you in tickets?

I could copy and paste from the ticket but I understand that is strictly forbidden.  I included screen shots of combats and they were quite clear in saying they intended epic buffs to be untouchable.  A forum poll was the agreed upon next step.

Screenshot everything!

#15 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 00:51

Voted in favour of having sealed work on Epic potions, makes things a bit fairer to those that may not have access to them. Also, it's not like people will lose their epic buffs due to this, just a small chance that two may be negated for a single combat, no big deal there really in my opinion.

Edited by Blacky, 13 August 2015 - 01:04.

#16 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:00

I could copy and paste from the ticket but I understand that is strictly forbidden.  I included screen shots of combats and they were quite clear in saying they intended epic buffs to be untouchable.  A forum poll was the agreed upon next step.

I pvp for years and every time sealed activate on epic skill it always negate, always

it is difficult beating players who have epic chests, now those epic skills are untouchable lol

send HCS this example, they will fix bug fast after reading

Voted in favour of having sealed work on Epic potions, makes things a bit fairer to those that may not have access to them.

sealed always work on epic potions, I am sure

this is bug

#17 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:13

I pvp for years and every time sealed activate on epic skill it always negate, always

it is difficult beating players who have epic chests, now those epic skills are untouchable lol

send HCS this example, they will fix bug fast after reading

sealed always work on epic potions, I am sure

this is bug

HCS seem to have changed the code for it when they implemented the seasons, and wrongly coded the epic pots making spell leech and spell breaker work on them, when they "fixed" that, they seem to have included sealed being unable to have any effect on them, effectively making Epic pots a bigger win button than they already were.

#18 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:23

HCS seem to have changed the code for it when they implemented the seasons, and wrongly coded the epic pots making spell leech and spell breaker work on them, when they "fixed" that, they seem to have included sealed being unable to have any effect on them, effectively making Epic pots a bigger win button than they already were.

I remember HCS changing code because spell leech and spell breaker worked on epic pots, I think they made mistake and made sealed not work on them too, today HCS will be online and read this forum and change it back how it used be :)

Edited by apedde, 13 August 2015 - 01:32.

#19 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:26

if you use epic chest and fist fight then your opponent lose all skills for this combat but your epic skills stay, this is bug they need fix fast

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:42

The fact that you said it's unbeatable makes you invalid in this topic. Nothing is unbeatable. As for Buffs that are high level. I say they should be able to have a chance at being sealed as it's more fair for players who can't receive these OP buffs. For players who both have epic buffs on, in a pvp,  it's still fair.  Being able to SB or leech is a different story and shouldn't be allowed. 

Okay if you want to be fair then you can say the opposite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: