Photo

Unbeatable buffs

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Unbeatable buffs (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Should reward buffs be untouchable in any way during combat?

1. Yes, leave them as they are. (5 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. No, change them so only Spell Break/Leech don't work but otherwise function normally. (35 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 August 2015 - 13:04

Sealed used to negate ALL buffs, but hcs deemed it too powerful ( after a poll ) and changed it to 2 buffs. It's still potent.

I personally hate a few specific chance buffs ( dispel and high guard and golden shield), but I do have to say that if I have to tolerate lucky chances, then so do others. Nothing should be exempt from being affected by the sealed buff.

#22 suderlon

suderlon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 17:06

this has to be hopefully a bug, I remember getting attacked and that sealed negated my KE epic skill from global chest and I kept missing because of it

I voted No because it is the right thing

what happends if epic dispel curse activates on epic DC? nothing? lol

if you use epic chest and fist fight then your opponent lose all skills for this combat but your epic skills stay, this is bug they need fix fast

this is unbelive able, hope they take care of it before monday

#23 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:27

You fancy luck pvp i guess... Maybe if it was Sealed 300...not a buff blocking an epic buff.

I certainly DO NOT. I would rather luck buffs be retired. They are boring and only postpone the inevitable, same as deflect. However since I doubt HCS will start retiring buffs, I don't see trying to limit the least offensive luck buff. At least Fist Fight was toned down. That buff was obscene before it was made to work on both players. No, if sealed is going to remain it needs to work on ALL buffs or none at all. Don't discriminate against players that aren't using the already uber-powereful skills.

Edit: It's just a bug, wait until Hoof gets around to fixing it.

Edited by sweetlou, 14 August 2015 - 05:28.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#24 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:40

"+0.2% per point chance to negate 2 buffs during combat. Note this only affects skills that take effect during combat. (PvP Only)"

Does it says 'except X kind of buffs'? No!

Sealed should work on any buff, it doesn't remove anything, it's only on one combat with a change of activation and over two RANDOM buffs.

SB and SL I agree, they are way too powerfull to work over Epic buffs, those really should not work.

#25 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 23:38

I voting no of course

I certainly DO NOT. I would rather luck buffs be retired. They are boring and only postpone the inevitable, same as deflect. However since I doubt HCS will start retiring buffs, I don't see trying to limit the least offensive luck buff. At least Fist Fight was toned down. That buff was obscene before it was made to work on both players. No, if sealed is going to remain it needs to work on ALL buffs or none at all. Don't discriminate against players that aren't using the already uber-powereful skills.

Edit: It's just a bug, wait until Hoof gets around to fixing it.

I hating luck buffs too

I thinking it bug too and waiting until hoof read and fixing it

#26 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 23:43

what happends if epic dispel curse activates on epic DC? nothing? lol

lol that funny

#27 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:47

this is unbelive able, hope they take care of it before monday

not yet but very hopeful it will happen very soon

Screenshot everything!

#28 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:45

as far as I know spell breaker and spell leech have never worked on epic potions (skills) BUT sealed always worked on epic potions (skills) !!!

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#29 suderlon

suderlon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:24

is it fixed?

#30 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:33

Liked the intro post. Didn't vote as the poll didn't give me a votable option. 

Apologies for no constructive criticism there (too late here). 

Deflect/AntiDeflect seems like a long dead conversation there. 

That said, I've wondered for a long while whether the decision to protect Epic buffs from Spell Breaker/Leech is a good idea. I've honestly reached no logical conclusion.  

Sealed... I've seriously doubted if that really works via the programming. Someone mentioned their opposition to "luck buffs". 

I wonder what people think: Should that buff work on just defense? It would still be a luck buff. I'm sure discussion took place. 

Risking going a bit off topic: A lot of people think Deflect is too overpowered. I do PvP and I get the frustration, but I don't get the "argument". I mean... I can swear to the gods and my mother when I hit and it gets deflected... but I can laugh about it and also laugh when Deflect works in my favor. 

There used to be timing tricks (call them bugs) that "appear" to have been mostly undone. 

Personally, I hated when AntiDeflect was added. 

But a huge process began to negate buffs. Dispel Curse negates Dark Curse, blah, blah. 

Again, I PvP... pretty tired of people complaining about Deflect. Luck buffs? There are tons in this game... 

My game-based solution: Use Fist Fight or play in the Arena. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: