Level 130 critter is broken and needs fixed.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2009 - 22:58

What is up with this critter? He has attack of 288, Defense of 217, Armor of 283 with damage of 161. His HP is 401. OK…nothing special to kill him…got to get over his defense to hit him so you are looking at needing at least 233 in attack….I have 699 so not a problem to hit him and not miss. Need at least 704 in damage to kill him…no problem I have 831.

So why is it I am fully repaired and I hit and I miss and get killed.? I repaired and kill him and I miss and get killed. I can understand the 2% rule but this creep should not be able to kill me every other time. I am very tired of hitting him 2 or 3 times and getting killed….there is now way that this creep should be able to kill me so often. You need to check the program and see what is going on.

Perhaps I am wrong in the way I am calculating how to arrange my equipment but I don’t think so.

#2 ss_draconus

ss_draconus
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2009 - 23:06

well the fact that u only had 77 armor and 62 hp when i looked at ur stats could explain the hard hits when u miss the fact that ur armor is more than 80 points below the damage of the monster means the damage he will hit for when he gets past ur defense successfully will be pretty big, and so i can see how u would die if u miss., but ur right, with that much attack and damage u shouldnt be missing so often, i dont know what to tell u about that. The only thing i can say to u is to raise ur armor and/or your def so that when the monster does get the chance to hit u, they either miss or hit u for a lot less damage than they apparently do now. i personally go for the "more defense than the monster's attack" theory, but have 100hp base so i can still take a hit too.

#3 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2009 - 23:18

Draconus...yes you are correct that I have very low armor and defense. I am playing the game to make sure I can hit them and kill them when I hit them and so far in the game I have not had a problem. I understand that I will miss and they will get lucky 2% of the time....this is fine as I expect that. But when a critter is getting "lucky" over 50% of the time something is wrong. I have taken my lumps in other levels but nothing like this. I truly think that the roll is off on this critter. All I am asking is if the cows can look into it. Before we had the big outage i could hit into a stack and have no problems. I would do a repair that cost me 850 credits and never got killed....now I get killed and my repair bill is 20. Go figure.....perhaps I am really lucky to have the 2% rule kick in so much. LOL

#4 ss_draconus

ss_draconus
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2009 - 23:33

i had to leave before saying everything i wanted to in my last post.

i agree with u that u shouldn't be missing so often, i was just suggesting a back-up to prevent dying so often. im sure many people have different setups to account for different situations. the way i set up my equipment, defense blocks most of the times i miss, and if it doesnt, the combo of my adequate armor and relatively high hp can handle getting hit more than once before healing, and so i still havent died against the new versions of the lvl 130 normal monsters.

the problem i have is that the lvl 130 champion has over 650 defense and u apparently need to kill it until it drops something u need for the mission, and i dont have enough attack yet for that. considering there currently isnt a skill or stim that decreases defense, i now have to go hunting around for equipment pieces that will give me another 200+ total attack so that i have at least 660 attack to get by the 650 def lol.

#5 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2009 - 23:41

yes the champ is a nasty one for sure....with my set up I could kill 5 in a row with out having to go repair. I got the drop and finished the mission and went back to whack on the L130 critters only to find that I could not kill them like I had prior to the outage. Just wondering if I was the only one having problems. I know I read in world chat ...that others were having problems. Guess I better pull the Health Reinforcement from the store and see if that will solve the problem.....I can't even think of spending 2 weeks subleveling here...LOL...if that does not work....guess I will drop down to the L129 critters and beat up on them.

#6 ss_bagavond

ss_bagavond
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2009 - 23:53

I have had comments from fellow faction mates who have indicated that the battle dynamics for the lvl 130 mob has changed.. they are missing a whole ton more than they should.. much more than only a couple days ago.. The battle mechanics with this game have always been a little wonky but i cant see how you could possibly be missing so many times.. with more than 2x attack over their defense you should be winning the large majority of the fights. I will do a test run against them today to see.. in all the time i have hunted them i have never lost a fight to them.. I have to admit i have missed more than i should but nothing compared to what seems to be occuring now.. not sure if something is askew.. would be interesting to hear if people are having similar problems in 130 as well as other areas.

#7 ss_draconus

ss_draconus
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2009 - 23:56

dont get me wrong, i have to heal a lot more often now than i did yesterday while fighting those monsters, which i attribute to missing more often, but i still dont die against them. i have seen a lot of complaints in the local comms about the change though

#8 ss_bagavond

ss_bagavond
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2009 - 00:00

Yeah the local comms have been real busy.. I might take a tour of other ones to see if they are equally active about mobs being different. I am not a fan of wasting energy missing when i shouldnt. especially when i am subleveling.. lol

#9 ss_draconus

ss_draconus
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:19

it may be too late to save u the trouble of traveling from map to map, but i went backwards through the maps trying to find a high attack weapon to use to kill the champs and ended up back at 105 to get the glomerom mace , and most of the other comms between 130 and 105 are dead, but nobody on the 20+ maps i travelled on were complaining about increased missing recently in the coms. the only complaining i saw was on the lvl 130 map, which seems to be pretty active about complaints about the monster there.

also, after seeing i only needed about 300 attack to attack the lvl 130 monsters, i switched my equipment so that i gave up some points in attack (i was at like 440 attack) to allow for more def and armor, still keeping about the same damage, and now im back to rarely healing unless i let the durability get too low.

#10 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:47

unless you are purist with MS, you will die with 60armor.(without huge hp) I have purposely avoided that and have setup with 130-150 armor depending on weapon addon. (and I am a purist) have not died either unless I do something stupid. :)

all the mobs can easily be hunted with 600att/800 dmg. (except for the champ/elite) I prefer high armor and low def(tough to do now) and 80hp.

#11 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:33

Draconus...yes you are correct that I have very low armor and defense. I am playing the game to make sure I can hit them and kill them when I hit them and so far in the game I have not had a problem. I understand that I will miss and they will get lucky 2% of the time....this is fine as I expect that. But when a critter is getting "lucky" over 50% of the time something is wrong. I have taken my lumps in other levels but nothing like this. I truly think that the roll is off on this critter. All I am asking is if the cows can look into it. Before we had the big outage i could hit into a stack and have no problems. I would do a repair that cost me 850 credits and never got killed....now I get killed and my repair bill is 20. Go figure.....perhaps I am really lucky to have the 2% rule kick in so much. LOL

I am soooooo tired of people saying that the strikethrough or failed attack is 2%. Where does this number come from? HCS has NEVER EVER stated this to be true. I, and others, have been screaming since the beginning of the game that it's higher in here. I don't know for sure how often you were really getting hit on your miss but it should be more than 2% because the random miss/hit factor is way higher than that. Some of us ran numbers to figure out what it really was and 2% isn't even close. If you think it's supposed to be 2% you are wrong and it's not HCS' fault as they've even commented that it's higher in this game.

If it's truly over 50% there is something else going on. I'll run my logs from level 130 to see what I get, but I'll be shocked if it ever gets to 50%. Many players have ignored defense and armor (heck many ignored hp) and it's not going to work. The mechanics are different than that other game so strategies designed around how that one works are doomed to create massive failures at certain points in this game.

#12 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:47

I totally understand that I need more armor and HP to keep from being killed when I get hit. I am not complaining about being killed, as I understand that with my set up I will die when I get hit. The point that I am trying to make is this. I think the L130 critter is getting more than a 2% chance to hit back. If I understand the game concept correctly, all critters have a 2% chance to kill you no matter what set up you have. This is fine with me. It is my belief that this critter may have a bigger percentage chance to hit you. If you fight 100 critters you can expect to be hit at least 2 times. This critter is hitting me at least 30% of the time. I can understand being hit 30% or more of the time if you have low attack that cannot get over his defense however when you have heavy attack and miss 30% or more of the time, it gives pause to the 2% rule.

#13 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 13:44

I totally understand that I need more armor and HP to keep from being killed when I get hit. I am not complaining about being killed, as I understand that with my set up I will die when I get hit. The point that I am trying to make is this. I think the L130 critter is getting more than a 2% chance to hit back. If I understand the game concept correctly, all critters have a 2% chance to kill you no matter what set up you have. This is fine with me. It is my belief that this critter may have a bigger percentage chance to hit you. If you fight 100 critters you can expect to be hit at least 2 times. This critter is hitting me at least 30% of the time. I can understand being hit 30% or more of the time if you have low attack that cannot get over his defense however when you have heavy attack and miss 30% or more of the time, it gives pause to the 2% rule.

THE CHANCE FOR A MOB TO HIT OVERWHELMED DEFENSE OR THE CHANCE TO MISS A MOB WITH OVERWHELMING ATTACK IS NOT (REPEAT IS NOT) 2%.

For all mobs. At all levels. Since day 1 in this game. That 2% comes from another game. In fencing you must pause after a successful attack. We don't need to do that here, because this isn't fencing....

#14 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2009 - 14:16

I stand corrected on the 2% :)

#15 ss_cheryljean

ss_cheryljean
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2009 - 14:23

I didn't notice any change in the game dynamics between the level 129 mob, and the level 130 mob. Even if there was, its not a 50% or even 25% miss rate, and there's no quoted number that they said they'd always maintain anyway. Stop assuming that being overly dominate with attack and damage will get you everywhere, and start planning to miss a least a little. It's not FS, either become purist and get yourself a shield to help you out, or start planning your armor and/or defense and HP.

#16 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 15:11

the chance to miss varies between mobs. I wonder if they have unseen stat like dodge. anyway, Purist has it easy with MS. (which is much better than SSI in FS) For me, only reason to have decent armor/hp is to hunt Sharona HK solo.

#17 ss_conquerer7

ss_conquerer7
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2009 - 00:02

IMO, the miss rate is NOT 2%, and it's higher than usual when entities have high defenses... HCS has never said anything about the mechanics besides what the stats roughly do, so assuming they're the exact same here as in Sword doesn't make sense.

These days, armor actually has value. I try to have enough to barely survive one hit at 80 durability or so. That, or become a purist and use mental strength.

#18 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 00:54

agreed. rather have armor than def now. :) which was opposite of what i wanted early in the game at lower level. the mob's att is getting high enough that without real high def, you will get hit, and their damage is bad enough to 1 hit kill. low def/high armor will at least allow you to survive a hit. :)

#19 ss_draconus

ss_draconus
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:54

agreed. rather have armor than def now. :) which was opposite of what i wanted early in the game at lower level. the mob's att is getting high enough that without real high def, you will get hit, and their damage is bad enough to 1 hit kill. low def/high armor will at least allow you to survive a hit. :)

i currently do both while fighting the lvl 130 monster, my def is high enough that its higher than the monster's attack, so even if i miss the monster usually misses too, and if the monster does get past the def, my armor is high enough that the monster will only do the minimum damage before counting resistance. and since i have relatively high hp too, generally i can take more than one hit without dying. nice to see they appear to be making it so that higher lvls need more balanced stats than the low levels.

#20 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:56

It is getting tougher to put together a hunting set with decent balance. But equipment is starting to last more than 10 levels. Armor and defense is almost non-existent with decent damage and attack now. So you hang on to the pieces with decent armor/defense and finish out with the latest greatest attack/damage pieces. I use the defense/Hp strategy to hunt longer. High damage/attack to one hit for a while, defense so they miss for awhile, Hp and what armor I can get to survive a hit. Heal, change set-ups and start again. Of course if I were a Purist, I could stand a few more hits between changes. Or a Cyborg and one hit a little longer.

But back on track. Until I hunt tonight, I don't know if the 130 critters have been nerfed. Did hit a couple when this topic came up with no buffs or stims and never had a problem one hitting. But that is not a decent test.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: