Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 18:11

Hi Folks,

Based on the feedback we've received over the last few weeks I just wanted to update you on what we've got planned for the very near future of Fallen Sword. 

Composing

We've been developing new buffs for the composing system, this update will be coming next week! It will include a number of new composing only buffs as well as adding new buffs for the higher composing levels.

PvP

We're still reviewing the PvP and plan to implement a new and improved tournament system, which will replace the current ladder. Every effort will be taken to ensure PvP is a vibrant and fun part of Fallen Sword. More details will follow! 

More

As well as this we are also reviewing the game in terms of how accessible it is for new players and we'll continue to finish the key parts of the road map (which we've updated) and we'll continue to update you regularly on the progress of these update. Once we feel we've improved the above and some other key issues we're going to look at bringing Fallen Sword to a wider audience.

~The Fallen Sword Team

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#2 barpen

barpen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 18:21

define "wider audience" please :o)

#3 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 18:32

:P thanks for keeping us informed keep up the good work....

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 18:34

define "wider audience" please :o)

Once we've reviewed and made improvements to the start of the game, we're planning to add the game to various browser game portals which should help new players discover the game and hopefully try it out :)

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 18:35

Sounds good, thanks HCS... looking forward to helping some new blood. 

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#6 minechaos

minechaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 18:54

Hi Folks,

Based on the feedback we've received over the last few weeks I just wanted to update you on what we've got planned for the very near future of Fallen Sword. 

Composing

We've been developing new buffs for the composing system, this update will be coming next week! It will include a number of new composing only buffs as well as adding new buffs for the higher composing levels.

PvP

We're still reviewing the PvP and plan to implement a new and improved tournament system, which will replace the current ladder. Every effort will be taken to ensure PvP is a vibrant and fun part of Fallen Sword. More details will follow! 

More

As well as this we are also reviewing the game in terms of how accessible it is for new players and we'll continue to finish the key parts of the road map (which we've updated) and we'll continue to update you regularly on the progress of these update. Once we feel we've improved the above and some other key issues we're going to look at bringing Fallen Sword to a wider audience.

~The Fallen Sword Team

darn glad to hear about a tournament system. this i am very interested in seeing. 

Edited by minechaos, 19 November 2014 - 18:58.

#7 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 19 November 2014 - 18:57

Thanks for the update HCS - appreciate it. I'm eager to see these updates take place - including the composing buffs and the tournament PVP style. Hopefully with that update we can possibly get the see gold on hand update too (please please please?) :) 

#8 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 18:57

The announcement mentions PvP but only addresses the ladder. In the last few months there have been some serious threats about changes to straight PvP. I know I'm not the only one waiting to see how much of that is actually carried out before deciding on whether to continue playing the game or give up like so many others. Any word on changes that address actual PvP?

Not to take away from the current updates. It's nice to see HCS jumping in and getting things done for the community as a whole. Keep up the good work! 

#9 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 19 November 2014 - 19:17

Great update :) definitely looking forward to next week.

Any chance on finally being able to send guild-tagged composed potions to guildmates soon?

#10 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 November 2014 - 19:25

I agree with all the rest of the previous posts it is great news to see some game improvements and potential of new players coming to the game. I  am looking forward to read more on fs future.  :)

#11 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 19:27

I like the updates and I also like that you are choosing to alter pvp a stage at a time. I would only as that you ensure that bounties are not permitted from the ladder/tournament hits as this will deter bullying. The current ladder is severely broken with folk gaining rewards for doing nothing (and yet they wish for pvp to hold credibility..?).

Very pleased to hear composing is getting a revamp, having spend a lot of time and effort in this facet of the game!!

Looking forward to the developments as they unfold!

Cheers :)

Edited by Davros81, 19 November 2014 - 19:27.

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 19:32

Tournaments?  Sounds fun :)  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#13 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 November 2014 - 19:39

sweet also i assume karma is being binned ?

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#14 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 19:49

sweet also i assume karma is being binned ?

For the moment yes :)

#15 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 November 2014 - 20:00

For the moment yes :)

okay then :)

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#16 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 20:04

The announcement mentions PvP but only addresses the ladder. In the last few months there have been some serious threats about changes to straight PvP. I know I'm not the only one waiting to see how much of that is actually carried out before deciding on whether to continue playing the game or give up like so many others. Any word on changes that address actual PvP?

Over the years as the game's evolved, we feel that many of the PvP discussions and changes have actually been detrimental to PvP and essentially watered down what was once a really important part of the game.

Any discussions on PvP on the forum usually are split 50/50 on whether the community thinks they're a good idea or not and I feel it kinda creates a divide. We'd actually like to see PvP move back towards how it used to be back when the game first launched as it was something that was exciting and vibrant - I'm sure many players who have been around that long will remember the difference!

So to answer your question - we're going to focus on adding a new PvP tournament system (and at the same time remove the ladder) without changing 'normal' PvP in the game. I do think many aspects of normal PvP also need improved (such as the bounty board), but any changes we do make will be to improve it, not dilute it :)

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 November 2014 - 20:07

Over the years as the game's evolved, we feel that many of the PvP discussions and changes have actually been detrimental to PvP and essentially watered down what was once a really important part of the game.

Any discussions on PvP on the forum usually are split 50/50 on whether the community thinks they're a good idea or not and I feel it kinda creates a divide. We'd actually like to see PvP move back towards how it used to be back when the game first launched as it was something that was exciting and vibrant - I'm sure many players who have been around that long will remember the difference!

So to answer your question - we're going to focus on adding a new PvP tournament system (and at the same time remove the ladder) without changing 'normal' PvP in the game. I do think many aspects of normal PvP also need improved (such as the bounty board), but any changes we do make will be to improve it, not dilute it :)

Hope you guys get this right Hoof - you have to walk the finest line on this, the thorniest of aspects of the game :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#18 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 November 2014 - 20:18

Great to hear this Hoof. And as Pardoux said above - it is a delicate balance that will need to be maintained. I'm glad to see that we are going to start to move back to the older days of PVP (and hopefully GVG) where the game was vibrant and exciting. I know many players who quit because of the detrimental updates to PVP, and updates bringing them back might allow us to get them to start playing again. It'll also begin to fuel the new crowd once we start seeing the new blood come in. 

#19 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 20:20

you are really awesome radneto, with your return you brough back fresh wind wink.png

I am seeing update after update, improvement after improvement so far so please keep this up smile.png

great update on the new composing buffs

I can not wait to see what you will do with PvP, especially this improved tournament system you speak of, very excited and hope to be addicted to the game as I used to be smile.png

@HCS, you have been doing an awesome job lately *hugs*

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#20 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 20:26

Thank you Hoof. That's all very good to hear. I know changes are inevitable and sometimes needed. And I know this has been a volatile subject for HCS for a long time. For the first time in a long time I'm looking forward to future updates and seeing how this all pans out. If it hasn't been said enough before, it's good to have you back. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: