Photo

Suggested new addition to the Daily Quest

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Suggested new addition to the Daily Quest (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes (30 votes [69.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.77%

2. No (13 votes [30.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 18:13

Re-roll should just give a completely random new DQ and scale like the cost of rush finishing potions scales.

#22 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2017 - 18:18

Re-roll should just give a completely random new DQ and scale like the cost of rush finishing potions scales.

I think once every 48 hours max is ok - also don't think it should be over complicated by making the cost to reroll change :)

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 April 2017 - 18:22

So what happens when you reroll and get another lousy DQ???? That is money/FSP's wasted no thanks....

If Hoof implements it (which I think would be a bad move, personally) then you get what you get - a better one, a similar one, or a worse one - you're taking a gamble by re-rolling ...

It's not a gamble if you're assured of getting a "better" one ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 CharleyHorse

CharleyHorse

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 21:50

If Hoof implements it (which I think would be a bad move, personally) then you get what you get - a better one, a similar one, or a worse one - you're taking a gamble by re-rolling ...

This is my Point.... I really think it will be a bigger waste than not... But that is just my thoughts....

#25 chunk1

chunk1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 00:07

Then don't do the reroll? You're not forced to reroll every time. I'm not understanding how this is a bad idea.

#26 CharleyHorse

CharleyHorse

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 00:16

Then don't do the reroll? You're not forced to reroll every time. I'm not understanding how this is a bad idea.

If it is what you like then that is all Good.... I think there are things in this game that really the Cows time could be better spent....

#27 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:49

It's a bad idea because it gives players a way to avoid aspects of the game. Sure, the rewards need to be tweaked for some of the more terrible DQ's but tempting players to try other aspect is a good thing imho. Giving a pass doesn't encourage it.

#28 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:15

It's a bad idea because it gives players a way to avoid aspects of the game. Sure, the rewards need to be tweaked for some of the more terrible DQ's but tempting players to try other aspect is a good thing imho. Giving a pass doesn't encourage it.

But when players get a DQ they don't like they don't go out of their way to do it. Typically they just don't do their DQ that day which is no good thing either.

#29 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:31

But when players get a DQ they don't like they don't go out of their way to do it. Typically they just don't do their DQ that day which is no good thing either.

But you're making it easier to skip. Not saying folks won't go out of their way to do it... but maybe it does encourage a small percentage to do it without a skip option. I personally have DQ's I always skip... reluctantly do... and happily do... if there is a skip option, I would skip the DQ's I always skip AND those that I am reluctant to do. So I end up narrowing the actual DQ's I do...

#30 Skullman307

Skullman307

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:41

Too many like this, for example :rolleyes:

Daily Quest
[ Rare ]
Defeat 500 Champion creatures
0 / 500
Gain +225 Allegiance Tokens

Yup. Exactly like that.

kieiz0i.png

#31 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:52

Good idea,

Edited by Qloak, 22 April 2017 - 11:28.

#32 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 16:08

Too many like this, for example :rolleyes:
Daily Quest

[ Rare ]

Defeat 500 Champion creatures

0 / 500

Gain +225 Allegiance Tokens

So it's a bandaid. Tweak the DQ. Don't just leave it broken and create a skip function for it. Seems way easier...

#33 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 April 2017 - 18:53

I'd love to reroll break down and invent items quests.  When it calls to invent 250 items, or break down over 500, it's just not viable on a tiny mobile device.  A GE is tedious at best, hunting is a  nightmare, why stress myself to try to do something that would be virtually impossible even on a PC?

So I skip these, rather reluctantly.

A reroll makes some sense...  Personally, I'd like a list to choose 1 from, The law of averages would give me something I could complete without going insane just trying to see what I'm doing.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#34 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 24 April 2017 - 22:52

for what ever its worth i like the idea.

for all who dont its as simple as not spending the 2 fsp

yes its that simple

5aZzW0p.png,

#35 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2017 - 23:02

for what ever its worth i like the idea.

for all who dont its as simple as not spending the 2 fsp

yes its that simple

It is, but what's simpler still ? - don't change it at all and leave it as is :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#36 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 24 April 2017 - 23:12

It is, but what's simpler still ? - don't change it at all and leave it as is :)

yea but then the cows miss out on the fsp sink.

honestly its the same as going to upgrade page and hit a button there to upgrade stam ,u win cows win everyone happy .If u get a worse roll then bad luck,dont do it ,u wernt going to do the 1st one anyway ,so only lost 2 fsp.

5aZzW0p.png,

#37 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 24 April 2017 - 23:13

So it's a bandaid. Tweak the DQ. Don't just leave it broken and create a skip function for it. Seems way easier...

band aid better than nothing atm ,usually when we put bandaids on the problem heals itself after a while

5aZzW0p.png,

#38 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 00:08

band aid better than nothing atm ,usually when we put bandaids on the problem heals itself after a while

Yeah. Ask the pvprs how great bandaids work for them ;-p

#39 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 25 April 2017 - 00:57

but the whole thing is optional either u spend fsp or u dont ,nothing to do with anything broken or anything else .

if u dont like it dont use it

if u do 2fsp gamble on what u get

SIMPLE

nothing has to fixed tweeked ,turned screwed or even looked at

no its not a fix but it is an option i think alot of players would like

Edited by activeh1, 25 April 2017 - 00:58.

5aZzW0p.png,

#40 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:43

yea but then the cows miss out on the fsp sink.

honestly its the same as going to upgrade page and hit a button there to upgrade stam ,u win cows win everyone happy .If u get a worse roll then bad luck,dont do it ,u wernt going to do the 1st one anyway ,so only lost 2 fsp.

It wouldn't make any difference to me personally if it were introduced or not - I've done every single DQ since they were introduced to the game, whether it's a facet of the game I normally partake in or not.

Still unconvinced it's a good idea, but, as I've said, as it won't affect me either way, I'll leave the arguments / debates for others :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: