• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Creep

Creep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 15:31

Overall my start has been/is going good, with a few things that i know would make the feel overall much better.

The constant double clicking for skilling and attacking is bad. A simple left click should be enough to mine an ore or kill an enemy. If you are on a laptop and try to double click, it might not always work out, so it's better for everyone to keep it to one click.
The navigation is also a bit meh. I would love a simple pathfind system, so we can actually click to go where we see, in stead of just getting denied, and have to click around the corner. I also find myself clicking the world map sometimes, hoping to leave a marker or walk there, but i guess thats just me being silly. But the minimap isn't very cooperative either most times.

These are some things that would make the game much more fluent, in my opinion.

#42 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 February 2014 - 22:46

so juts learned that your char can only get to lvl 40 soon to be lvl 45, , this has mad me very sad, im hoping you ( HCS TEAM) have plans for char being able to reach higher lvls,  sure  you can do skills till you reach a high lvl, and get your char to lvl 40, then what?? make another char  you thinking, well i like to just build one char lol,  PLS think about aadding more lvl range for char's

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#43 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:52

ne again man i love this game, but the fact that you can only lvl so high has me sad, and wondering why i should spend my  time and $$ on it, i just feel soon as i get to lvl 40-45 all is over, no more quest,lvling for that char, ... any one have any positives to keep me playing and be happy??

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

#44 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:43

ne again man i love this game, but the fact that you can only lvl so high has me sad, and wondering why i should spend my  time and $$ on it, i just feel soon as i get to lvl 40-45 all is over, no more quest,lvling for that char, ... any one have any positives to keep me playing and be happy??

The final cap is currently planned for 50.  After that they plan to add more endgame content besides the five bosses.  Though I admit it may take some patience waiting for it (unless you level slowly as I am doing).  Beyond that, we'll have to wait and see.

You can also try multiple classes, or play with some hybrid classes.  Or level up skills.  Or help others still leveling run some instances.  Or just chat with the better then average MMO community we have here.

Then there's also the idea of being with the game from the beginning.  This is the single most responsive game staff I've ever seen.  Your comments, feedback, and even how you play will help shape the game.  Your subscription helps a small indie company working on the most clever traditional MMO in a long while continue with development.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#45 Geoh

Geoh

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 21:09

Arena runs, World boss', PvP, Max out Crafting, Helping n00bs, gear grinding, wiping lower level dungeons that made you mad (odhar scar comes to mind...).

Off the top of my head. This'll take me months =)

#46 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 February 2014 - 20:02

thanks gamers i shall buy some ED and keep my support, i PRAY that HCS have plans for higher lvling, maybe they could rais ecap, but not allow new abiltiys so quick?

#47 Keldray

Keldray

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 16:20

I personally feel that the game is just a big tediously boring grind the more i play it, probably won't renew my support after this month, grinding can only be fun for so long, also the fact that i find my assassin to be extremely underwhelming when i see other archetypes of same level and gear quality destroying everything 5 times faster.

Edited by Keldray, 19 March 2014 - 16:21.

#48 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 17:51

• What was hard to pick up when you first started playing, why was it hard and do you have any suggestions to improve this
  • Did you get stuck anywhere?

I got stuck on the story quests for example to enter the vault you had to do a series of quests before you could enter, at that time I was very fustrated and confused because you really don't have any good gear without doing those dungeons.I had to ask people to help me out on how to enter the vault.Suggestion->For those quests that you need start other quests before hand it should tell us in the quest log what quests we need to do ,the level we need to do them ,and where to find the guy who gives us that particular quest.Basically this is how Runescape did their quests it showed us something like this

I must eat the cat

vomit out the cat

mix into a potion

use a syringe and inject it into the troll

Need lvl 57 combat

Lvl 40 farming

this would be really helpful if they cross out the quests we already did and the stats we need to gather the resources and un-cross out the quests we actually need.

Edited by lester, 21 March 2014 - 18:00.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#49 12345

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 19:08

Where to start?

1. The whole "End Game" thing is not a good thing, you should go to a persistant format with many quest lines after the current one.

2, The group instance stuff sucks. I am ready to stop playing completely because I can not proceed in a quest line without that group crap. (Trying really hard not to use profanity here, but I seriously despise the group stuff). If you have to have that kind of ignorant garbage then do it in a mini game format that does not affect the actual gameplay of those that do not want to do it.

3. The limited content within the professions makes grinding actually worse as there isn;t as much change in scenery or even what you are making. Fishing is still fishing, but with 50 different kinds of fish it isn't as monotonous.

4. Scoring? The inconsistency of the point system is ridiculous. How many points that you get from doing something should be constant regardless of your level.

5. Using the mini map to get around is as best frustrating since the cursor point is not what registers when you click the mini map. The map should be slightly larger and much, much more accurate with the cursor.

6.  The constant turning of the game play area when the player does not turn it themselves is iritating. The removal of the option to change what way the arrow keys rotate the game was also a very bad move as the backwards stuff makes me want to punch someone in the nose.

7. Having things take up more than one space in the inventory is just way too obvious as to your motives. Not to mention that it just looks stupid. If you are having trouble seeing what something looks like in the inventory then a simple mouse over should get you a pop up window with a larger picture like they do in most games.

8. Quest levels that are off. There are a lot of your quests that are very easy combat for the level of the quest and there are some that are almost immpossible at the level of the quest. There is just way too much inconsistency.

9. I could do without the whole armor and weapons durability stuff, but that is not a deal breaker as it does happen in other games as well. It is just more of a pain in the rear.

10. When someone clicks on the World map icon, they should get the World map. That means the entire world map. Different maps should be accessible from within the world map screen.

#50 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2014 - 18:32

6.  The constant turning of the game play area when the player does not turn it themselves is iritating. The removal of the option to change what way the arrow keys rotate the game was also a very bad move as the backwards stuff makes me want to punch someone in the nose.

Keybinds have replaced the need for this option, you should be able to change it to whatever you want. Does that solve the issue?

Thanks for the feedback.

#51 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 17:17

Well you are level 23, you got LOTS of quests dungeons and other content left to experience + there is 6 different classes, try every class and max 'em all. And before you know the level 45 content is out. 

When you have maxed a character you can try out PvP. To be the best PvPer is quite hard.   :P And many have suggested a lots of things to do. You can't 'complete' this game!

Edited by EJK, 07 April 2014 - 14:47.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#52 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 April 2014 - 17:55

HI ALL AND HCS just wanted to say im loving eldevin , KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK and i know your only going to make this game better, dont let the negitive stuff get you peeps down , theres lot of US that support you remember that!!~~~

#53 Agudar

Agudar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:43

Other games have roleplay forum why not eldevin? Unless I missed it

#54 Iceolator

Iceolator

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 22:24

I'm sure many players have mentioned that, but i'll do it again.

THIS CAMERA ANGLE IS UNACCEPTABLE

Edited by Iceolator, 07 May 2014 - 22:25.

#55 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:30

They are working on this right now

#56 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:42

2, The group instance stuff sucks. I am ready to stop playing completely because I can not proceed in a quest line without that group crap. (Trying really hard not to use profanity here, but I seriously despise the group stuff). If you have to have that kind of ignorant garbage then do it in a mini game format that does not affect the actual gameplay of those that do not want to do it.

MMORPG stands for Massive MULTIPLAYER Online RolePlaying Game

Group instances makes this game more multiplayer, you have to play with other players too, learning to know new people is always fun and can help you when you are bored, i.e. when you grind you can chat with others. 

7. Having things take up more than one space in the inventory is just way too obvious as to your motives. Not to mention that it just looks stupid. If you are having trouble seeing what something looks like in the inventory then a simple mouse over should get you a pop up window with a larger picture like they do in most games.

9. I could do without the whole armor and weapons durability stuff, but that is not a deal breaker as it does happen in other games as well. It is just more of a pain in the rear.

Having items to take more than one space and loose durability is to make this game more realistic.

BTW. I notice you have played RS before. This ain't a copy of it so you have to get used to this game. 

Edited by EJK, 29 May 2014 - 20:17.

#57 Yeiji

Yeiji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 00:39

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WgzD3qMZIWs

#58 Boyon

Boyon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 18:15

What was hard to pick up when you first started playing, why was it hard and do you have any suggestions to improve this?

- Nope not really hard for me it was fine.

Did you get stuck anywhere?

- Places? No. But Quests like Culling/Curing the plague? Yes until i looked it up online to find the answer

How was the tutorial (void realm) for you?

- It was short simple and easy.

What are your opinions on the "extended" tutorial, i.e.: Othalo and the basic quests (Basic Melee, Basic Archery, Basic Magic)

- It was just the right amount of quest. Not too many.

Suggestion from me

- The only thing i have to say as a new player, The game needs more specific icons on the map/minimap.

- Also maps should have on/off available quest marker icon. Because i noticed that you need to be really close to an NPC to know that there is a quest available

Keep up the good work guys

#59 The Marienne

The Marienne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:29

new people ALWAYS getting lost in arcane sanctum. i dunno if its just the unusual map layout, the quest question marks, or what, but its confusing. I know I had trouble finding the summoned wisp in the beginning (because they are down stairs in a building) and some people cant find the sign, and ladeeda its just confusing for newbs.

We lost a lot of clarity with the new beginning tutorial, I know because I joined a day or two before it was launched so went through both of them pretty much back to back.  if i hadnt already gone through the void tutorial i would have been so confused by the new one

#60 Alucardrx

Alucardrx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 16:19

The lack of trees to chop is absurd. At least at low levels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: