Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 August 2013 - 17:07

(and Woman)

Ok, so it seems to me that a lot of players lack basic common courtesy, so i'll start a thread here explaining unwritten rules that original testers adhere to.
If i miss anything, please add to this thread, these are not in any particular order, but are meant as a guide to those players who don't understand the concept of good manners.

When a player is Prospecting/Mining a particular node, it is extremely rude to start on that same node, especially when there is another node right next to him/her, please mine a different node.

If you ask a player to craft something for you, be sure to have all the materials required for the item/s, including the materials from the Vendors, don't expect the player that is helping you to spend his/her cash on your items.

Please/Thank you, shouldn't really need to explain this, but many players seem to lack this basic courtesy, always say please and thank you to players that help you.

When doing instances/group runs, i see a lot of players choosing need on all drops, have consideration for others in the group, (more so if helping you with quest instance) only choose need if you really do need the item and it is for your class, otherwise choose greed and let the RNG decide who gets the drop. 

If a high level player asks if you need any in game help, reply to them instead of ignoring them, even if it's 'no thanks' they are trying to help you and there WILL come a time when you will need help and if you've ignored people, chances are they will not help you.

If i have missed anything here please add to the thread and i hope that the rude players will read this and learn manners

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#2 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 August 2013 - 17:22

i definitely agree with this, it's one of the reason's why i haven't been online for the last few weeks. i was getting sick of people with no manners.

hope to see you all soon mybe.

#3 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 August 2013 - 17:40

I typed up a big response to this, but decided to delete it instead lol.

Basically, play nice.  Don't ask for anything you wouldn't be willing to offer to someone else if you were able to in the future (whether it's items or time).  And don't beg.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#4 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 August 2013 - 18:49

Aahahha :D

Kezza got to boiling point.

+100 on discussed issue.

I'd add the problem with spamming for help. Kind of annoys getting 5-10 massages and group invites per session. How did kids get into BT anyway? The funny part is that some of them truly believe its not beta at all  :D

IGN

Captain Politness lvl 1 War.Ass.Pro.

Man.... its boring!!!!  Lets do some everyday TEAM PVP

#5 Rorke

Rorke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 August 2013 - 18:57

Well said young man!

The only caveat I would add is there may be players for whom English is not their first language, if so please expalin that when you make contact or if someone talks to you.

Unlike FX50s I only get 5-10 messages per day ;) but I agree with him, if I don't reply to your first invite it is unlikely I will respond to 4, 5, 6 etc ...... :angry:

I am Warrior, I kill shit!

Tailoring-22: Cooking-30 : Jewelry-21: Alchemy-30 : Weapons-30: Leather-26 : Armor-17
Farming-30 : Prospect-30 : Crystal-29: Foraging-30 : Forestry-30 : Skinning-30 : Fishing-29

#6 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 August 2013 - 19:04

, if I don't reply to your first invite it is unlikely I will respond to 4, 5, 6 etc ......  :angry:

Perhaps they hope youll give up at about 20 of em   :D  

IGN

Captain Politness lvl 1 War.Ass.Pro.

Man.... its boring!!!!  Lets do some everyday TEAM PVP

#7 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge
  • Austria

Posted 26 August 2013 - 19:18

It's always better to ask a player first, not just invite him for a group without explanation what you like to do.

~ Be a friendly Founder. Help Newcomers. ~

Char 1: Kyrion - Ranger - lvl 49

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

#8 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 26 August 2013 - 19:27

The prospecting/mining things goes to all gathering skills. Fishing, Foraging, Forestry, Skinning (in a way).

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#9 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2013 - 20:28

If you ask a player to craft something for you, be sure to have all the materials required for the item/s, including the materials from the Vendors, don't expect the player that is helping you to spend his/her cash on your items.

I have wronged you kezza ;)

• Cup likes this

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#10 Glanppuccino

Glanppuccino

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:45

If a high level player asks if you need any in game help, reply to them instead of ignoring them, even if it's 'no thanks' they are trying to help you and there WILL come a time when you will need help and if you've ignored people, chances are they will not help you.

About this :

I'd say that with the 4 chat windows + any other discussion you might have or any other thing you might be doing, it is only natural that it can take time before you get an answer.  A late answer is better than no one, but I hate it when I get spammed just because I don't reply as fast as another player.  This isn't telephone conversation lol.  My advice would be, do not flood chat, but do not ignore people as well.  Be polite and state your mind, that's all.

IGN : Bestandan

#11 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:05

Don't forget to add this: keep a clear line of communication in groups. Too many times where I have been in crews and no one talks or don't tell other people what is going on or what needs to be done.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#12 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:14

When doing instances/group runs, i see a lot of players choosing need on all drops, have consideration for others in the group, (more so if helping you with quest instance) only choose need if you really do need the item and it is for your class, otherwise choose greed and let the RNG decide who gets the drop.

I agree with this, its also important to not yell at the people who done this (especially if they new to the game). I got yelled for doing this (one time) and I was getting familiar with the game. Since then, I try to be nice about it; give a warning first. Then if it continues, then get in their asses. Oh yeah, most gems people are going to need so please feel free need on gems; a lot of people greed on gems and they could be using them and I'm like "you need this!" So please make sure you know the gem system well.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#13 LostinSpace

LostinSpace

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:31

Newbie, Frog IGN - Well english is my main spoken, I have many issue with my head , As well some deal with writing so forth.

Just as well try to comunicated best i can, Thought one thing i can use in game text box, find many need's understand, Is this is text not spoken English!

• English us of text grammer
  • This not speach - vocal wording!

That and if some has bad grammer , Pls don't constently spell check them!

Much more! on some of unwriten rule's.

Use of proper writen english many dont use in mmo's Alot Slang and short term word's used most time understandable to game's!

If can read what some one post , typ's out no need make it public.

Spamming and Troll's , one's put 2 cent's in no matter what's going on!

Meow!!!!!

Frog lvl 40 - Seeking To3 - TR Grind!

#14 RikkaLarn

RikkaLarn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:05

(and Woman)

Ok, so it seems to me that a lot of players lack basic common curtesy, so i'll start a thread here explaining unwritten rules that original testers adhere to.

If i miss anything, please add to this thread, these are not in any particular order, but are meant as a guide to those players who don't understand the concept of good manners.

When a player is Prospecting/Mining a particular node, it is extremely rude to start on that same node, especially when there is another node right next to him/her, please mine a different node.

Please/Thank you, shouldn't really need to explain this, but many players seem to lack this basic curtesy, always say please and thank you to players that help you.

If i have missed anything here please add to the thread and i hope that the rude players will read this and learn manners

Oh i DO like this thread...

Whilst I am happy to help anyone IG with quests/crafting etc. Please be reasonable, none of the higher level or more established testers are the to be personal guides and protectors, let alone sugar daddies. This IS Beta and any and every problem needs to be reported. The "can you buy me backpacks because i had no points" query has been asked many times, and while I accept that this may be true, Its a bug report that is needed as the developers need to know about every time this happens.

Please and Thank you should go without saying (i'll happily take them in many languages...Welsh/English/French/German/Spanish/Italian....others i may struggle with)

If you are asking me to craft then i NEED all materials provided as it is unlikely I will have them on hand. Feel free to ask if I have mats and need anything else....I might be open to barter....and tips are always appreciated, though I stress not necessary.

I think it is sad that people feel the need to be cheeky, nag, lie or just downright selfish in a community game, let alone in testing. Its equally incredible that as a result of these character flaws people have made my iggy list and that of others during testing :(

Jack of all Trades....need anything at all, whisper me   :)

RikkaLarn: lvl32  Warrior    Pug: lvl 14 Mage  OwainGlynDwr lvl 9 Templar Shalhassan: lvl 3 Dogsbody   :)

Crystal Cutting 24, Farming 28, Fishing 18, Foraging 27, Forestry 27, Prospecting 35, Skinning 30, Alchemy 31, Armoursmithing 19, Cooking 36, Jewellery 16, Leatherwork 18, Tailoring 17, Weaponsmithing 18

#15 Rorke

Rorke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 August 2013 - 13:23

people have made my iggy list and that of others during testing :(

and mine is growing, almost daily!

I am Warrior, I kill shit!

Tailoring-22: Cooking-30 : Jewelry-21: Alchemy-30 : Weapons-30: Leather-26 : Armor-17
Farming-30 : Prospect-30 : Crystal-29: Foraging-30 : Forestry-30 : Skinning-30 : Fishing-29

#16 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:07

Well, it seems we still have these selfish players in game (or maybe haven't read this thread) i did Odhar Scar to help a player and he/she chose need on every single drop and chest, then not a word of thanks after the run (nor a word during the run) he/she knows who they are if they read this thread and i'm seriously thinking of starting a name and shame thread (don't want to go down that road just yet) obviously this player is not new to the game as he/she can do Odhar, therefore should know to only choose need on gear for class and also know how to spell thank you.

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#17 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:33

Issue is need / Greed , sys most will needed , Just as Need take's present over Greed ,  Sys in it self is usefull , But some thing many tend to not understand.

!. Rule of grouping is to make sure poeple running with understand Need/Greed , As well see if use chat box or not as see many not use chat box / text conver's as realy helpfull be heard , understand human on other end!

2. To many Greedy-needy , that is to be human in this world day of age, Sad fact.

3. Understand, All need gear at some point - Cost repair add's up, So don't need  on every item, Greed let sys pick.

4. English text , is used to be understand in game text , Limited fact no spell check, should be able input some English to play game in first place!

5. Play game, Ask for help at some point, help other's return favor!

6. Needy player's probly find self with out help time come's down road!

7. This still Closed Beta test , So help other to lvl , Help game find bug's issue - so meet goal of nov!

Much more input on rule's of game play not governed only bye the player's them self!

Saying something like this, Do un to other's as you would do un to your self!

Simpley saying helpfull and nice = get help as neeeded!

If you'r needy end up loanly with no one to help you time come's around seeking help!

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#18 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 28 August 2013 - 20:10

dont take it too serious, we are in beta ;)

...if someone starts gathering on the same node, maybe just testing functionality...

...if you want to get paid for crafted items (or need components), say it 1st and let others to deliver. you are not the one who is in need...

...if someone needs/greeds all the time, maybe just trying to fulfill the achievments of making 100 greed / need polls...

style5,Majjer.png

#19 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 August 2013 - 20:25

dont take it too serious, we are in beta ;)

...if someone starts gathering on the same node, maybe just testing functionality...

...if you want to get paid for crafted items (or need components), say it 1st and let others to deliver. you are not the one who is in need...

...if someone needs/greeds all the time, maybe just trying to fulfill the achievments of making 100 greed / need polls...

I half agree with you.  It is beta, and it is just a game.  So don't get too upset when people are rude.

But if we ignore manners now, what happens when we have a couple of thousand players?  Part of beta is setting the stage for the game, let's set the stage for a game with manners.  Besides, little things like manners make the game, as in life, more pleasant for all.  It involves such a tiny effort, there's no reason to not do it.

If someone has a specific reason for doing something, let them say it.  I have no problem letting that person need all the time, but he should talk and clear it with the other players.  When the shigra were broken, I expected people to share nodes.  And we all make mistakes, like hitting a node before you realize someone else is, so I'm forgiving.

But let's all put in at least a small effort at nice.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#20 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 August 2013 - 20:25

Still boils down to common courtesy, they should state their intentions and not ignore messages asking why they are doing it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: