• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Patrolz

Patrolz

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:55

I am not sure this is the right area to mention this but I figured it needed to be said. I just noticed in [Removed] photobucket account from his bio link, that he has an avatar I was making for sale to [Removed] uploaded with my watermark smudged out. [Removed] has it uploaded to his account as well, this was from over a week ago. I have uploaded a few different versions of the avatar that I was working on and I can provide the gimp .xcf for proof of creation as well if needed. 

I just wanted to spread the word around that [Removed] is apparently assisting in helping others get free avi's from other's work. I have already reported the avatar being used on the account.

Admin:

If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize please move for me thanks. I am unsure if I am allowed to point this type of issue out to the fellow avatar creator's, but I felt I needed to since this is a pretty blatant scam they pulled to get the avatar for free instead of the agreed upon price that [Removed] and I had.

Edited by BigGrim, 21 May 2013 - 12:40.
Unwanted Attention Removed

patrolzcopy_zpsf44bb783.png

#2 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 16:58

I think that this is the proper forum. Sincerely hope that this was a misunderstanding of some sort, although I have a hard time coming up with a reason. I myself tried to help that person in the past :/

ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#3 Patrolz

Patrolz

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 18:54

I think that this is the proper forum. Sincerely hope that this was a misunderstanding of some sort, although I have a hard time coming up with a reason. I myself tried to help that person in the past :/

Unfortunately, with the way [Removed] was acting (in a huge rush) and the fact that my watermark name was smudged out almost completely (you can still see the top of the white semi transparent Z on the left side) I feel like this was planned. After [Removed] said he liked it and I was waiting for the fsp, I never received any replies to my followup messages so I figured he changed his mind. Guess not?

HCS will decide on the report but I atleast wanted the graphics community to know about this issue.

Edited by BigGrim, 21 May 2013 - 12:40.
Unwanted Attention Removed

#4 ghetoghost

ghetoghost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 20:44

Yep, you can definitely see some smudge work on cashew's "work." Most of the graphic artists here dislike text slappers with a passion, so thank you for the heads up and hopefully HCS will solve this

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Live. Love. Learn. Die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Are you an artist? Want to be listed as one under the Artist Directory; click here

#5 cashew

cashew

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 21:10

He asked me to remove a watermark for him, it was not until after I had sent him the link that he finally told me that he was made this avatar, and the player asked too much for it, I will pay whatever the cost was for the avatar. 

hogwarts_zpsc0837127.png

#6 cashew

cashew

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 21:12

He had me make him several avatars, he did not like a single one, then asked me for my e-mail, and said that he had an avatar for me to 'edit' When I got the link, I noticed the watermark, and asked what it was about, he said he would 'explain' after I removed the watermark. Once again, I will pay for the cost of the avatar. I just don't want my name slandered because some other player decided to get an avatar through devious ways. 

hogwarts_zpsc0837127.png

#7 SadChild

SadChild

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 21:42

Do you guys smell something? Because it smells like a big pile of bull. Just looking at the Avi. it doesn't take much to add 2+2 Cashew. I mean don't get me wrong...it's nice that you want to pay for the Avi. but it looks like someone got caught you and your trying to make your self look like a victim. Yes Ricomamboo has just as much to blame here. You your self put water marks on your Avis. I know you do... I've seen them. Why do you do that. So no one one steals them maybe? It's kinda funny you got a Avi. with a 200x200 pix. I mean what kind of an Avi. 200x200 with a water mark that says Patrolz on it, Would any Avi. Artist say...Yha ok... I see no problem here and looks legit to me lol nice very nice.

sadchildv2_zps676fa94c.png

My Inner Me.

#8 cashew

cashew

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 21:52

So you think I was apart of this scheme? Well, think as you will, but I assure you that I had no Idea. I apologize that this happened, granted I had a suspicion, and yes I could have said no, but I didn't, I tried my best to remove the watermark. As I said, I will pay for the cost of the avatar. There is nothing more that I can personally do besides pay for the avatar, and learn from this. I hope you all understand and hope that we can move on from this in time. I have messaged Patrolz, and informed him that I am paying for the avatar, but I don't yet know the cost of the avatar.

hogwarts_zpsc0837127.png

#9 xWaz34x

xWaz34x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 00:38

So you had no idea but you had a suspicion humm ok? You asked the player what the watermark was about but he said he'll tell you only after you take the watermark off (nope don't see any red flags there) And yes you could have said no, but you didn't (You thought you could get payed and get away with it) Ibut thats my opinion. In red is nothing more than just my opinion. You did try your best to take that watermark off i'll give you that lol, but you a merchant too aren't you? Hope you can be trusted and don't turn out like Billybob0 witch most of FS knows to be a bad merchant. ;) Hope you and Patrolz work something out. I bid you a good day Cashew.

Waz34-WIP.png

Waz's pet dragon  ;) 

#10 ghetoghost

ghetoghost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:00

I mean, i've removed guild logo's and guild name's before so i can see where cashew is getting at. But when someone has watermarked it, thats a universal sign saying "don't mess with this avatar or you'll be bashed on." And, that is what is currently happening. 

Cashew, glad you spoke up. Talk to patrolz, figure something out so this whole thing is over this. Next time though, try not to erase watermarked work  :P

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Live. Love. Learn. Die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Are you an artist? Want to be listed as one under the Artist Directory; click here

#11 Patrolz

Patrolz

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:23

He had me make him several avatars, he did not like a single one, then asked me for my e-mail, and said that he had an avatar for me to 'edit' When I got the link, I noticed the watermark, and asked what it was about, he said he would 'explain' after I removed the watermark. Once again, I will pay for the cost of the avatar. I just don't want my name slandered because some other player decided to get an avatar through devious ways. 

Cashew I appreciate your trying to make amends but its really not about the fsp payment that I am after, its the fact that it was done. In my opinion the first thing that should of happened when someone said they would "explain" after the watermark was removed was to see the name on the watermark and then search (find player) to ask that person if this avi is legit or not. I always remove my watermark after purchase as it says in my bio. 

All my info is listed in my bio and that has never changed. If it was truly the price that was the issue (which I doubt) then that should of been said first on his part. The way he was acting raised my suspicion when he never replied to my inquires on payment afterwards. That is on him though.

If you truly did get suckered into what you said I am sorry but removing a watermarked avi is kind of a red flag especially when he said he made it. If he did make it then why would he put my name as the watermark that he could not remove himself? Shady stuff there imho.

Since this is the second time I have dealt with you, first being your "contest" that you never choose to reply to even after you msg'd me in game saying my sig placed first for 15 fsp and then never responded to my second msg asking when you were going to post a winner on the forum. This issue being the second time and it being a blatant disregard for a watermarked avi.

I appreciate you responding here but that won't buy my trust back. I make avi's for fun and if I can get a few fsp for making someone a avi they like/love then that's a plus to me. TBQH I probably would of given the avi for free (had he asked) and just placed a small "made by Patrolz" on it. 

What's done is done.

#12 Sahardy

Sahardy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:34

Cashew on base.
Strike 1.

For all I know, this is a first offense.

Sahardy.gif
good photographyer. great drawer. but im most best at photoshop.

#13 GFXGUYHALO

GFXGUYHALO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 13:38

They do look similar and as ghetto said there is some smudging work in there

halo2sig_zps13687e76.png

Check out my Graphics Shop:

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58996

#14 Sahardy

Sahardy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 13:47

They do look similar and as ghetto said there is some smudging work in there

Wow. A+ Ihavehalo.

/thread guise. Mystery solved.

Sahardy.gif
good photographyer. great drawer. but im most best at photoshop.

#15 GFXGUYHALO

GFXGUYHALO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 14:20

Wow. A+ Ihavehalo.

/thread guise. Mystery solved.

Yay for me!

halo2sig_zps13687e76.png

Check out my Graphics Shop: