#21 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2013 - 00:24

I can grind for max 2 hours if I really need something but after that my brain asks me wtf I am actually doing....

Ha! I think the same thing at least once a day. I had to quote you because that statement really hits the mark for me.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#22 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2013 - 00:58

we were suppose to have an open beta before opening to fix a lot of things but i suppose the staff was in a hurry to open the game as soon as possible.

Struyk do i know you with another name? did we met in beta?

#23 Molly

Molly

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:22

This will always be a niche low population game - it's just made for that crowd.  The people who don't mind or enjoy a game as heavily based around grinding as this game are extremely small, but definitely will be vocal.  There is a reason no mmo's are made with this type of grinding anymore, because it's not fun and now there are other/better options to play and enjoy our game time.  So, they aren't and will never be successful in this day and age.

Sure the OP may have an attitude, but a lot of his points are valid.  Those of you that defend this game go ahead and do it all you want, there is no way in hell it will ever be popular or have a large playerbase because of the insane grind.  It's already shown up on Massively and mmorpg - no advertising is going to help it the game has to be FUN to keep players.

Edited by Molly, 24 December 2013 - 02:29.

#24 Orlac

Orlac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:38

So, they aren't and will never be successful in this day and age.

Good golly miss Molly how incredibly close minded and short sighted of you.

Orlac

Templar

Alchemist

Forager

Sexy

#25 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:55

I dont enjoy grindy games, and yet here I am enjoying this game. Also I could be playing any other mmo out there and yet here I am. problem?

Its good to be in a game that everything is not as carebear as stuff nowadays is, and yes there are tons of people who enjoy some challenge, they might not know of this game yet. I do notice that its mostly low lvl people complaining at the forums and some that no longer play and just come here to comment negativelly.

Also theres people who believe that when a game launches everything should be perfect and fun, but let me tell you, theres nothing perfect and exactly how you want it in life. Either you get used to it or help it to get better, many of the comments that Ive been reading latelly are full or hate, not like our community used to be.

Yes I hate grinding and there are not enough quests, but hey this game havent been out for a month yet, give the devs some time to release content. AND be glad that HCS really do listen to you posts because this is the first group of devs that Ive found that actually listen to people. So if you are going to do a cirtic about it, please explain and be contstructive, don´t insult other people and the game or its makers that just demoralizes yourself and makes you look bad infront of the readers here.

Edited by Kaendor, 24 December 2013 - 03:00.

SquirrelSig_zps7b59b79d.png

#26 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:03

Maybe this game is not for me, but it's not for anyone else I know either which has to change if Hunter Cow cares about money.

So there we have it, if the cows don't make the game to suit him or his friends, then they will lose money no one else pays anything towards the game, so they may even go into liquidation because he or his friends don't play.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#27 Medi3vil

Medi3vil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Badge
  • Venezuela

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:20

Struyk and Molly.

if you do not like the game just finish leave.  :)

#28 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:50

Spirit: All I see is grinding, what can I do that's not grinding except quests and pvp?

Dailies, achievements, order food and eat while sitting down... chatting with other players, have fun and do random things like following a line of people which happened earlier today.

And I don't consider it grinding if you forage every once in a while... not clicking thousands and thousands of times over and over again.

For example, if I am running near a river and see a fishing spot, I'll fish. Then I'll continue on questing. Plus dailies also help gaining exp especially level 10+ I find.

Though some of your points are valid, but I just don't understand why people have to grind the way they do and complain about it.

Edit: If it is about levels, then it is your choice to grind. You could just gather as you see it, gather everyonce in awhile, or do dailies. However it would be useful if they added a tier 12 version of some sort to certain professions like Fishing but I think game is still new and in time, it will be improved.

And fix your player base theory.

I don't play 10 hours a day so include casual gamers to that list ;). Yes I see you put if you play 2 hours... but that's me. I would spend a week levelling slowly. It's because I am busy in real life and play for fun.

Edited by Spirit, 24 December 2013 - 08:00.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#29 Struyk

Struyk

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:56

So there we have it, if the cows don't make the game to suit him or his friends, then they will lose money no one else pays anything towards the game, so they may even go into liquidation because he or his friends don't play.

That's a fact, my friends only would already double the player base LOL

#30 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2013 - 22:00

That's a fact, my friends only would already double the player base LOL

Cats don't count.

SquirrelSig_zps7b59b79d.png

#31 Marre

Marre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2013 - 22:18

once you get above 16 in craftings its to easy, so i pretty much Believe you should try that instead of complaining about crafting.

its taking time to get up to 16, but once you get there you will see how fast it goes.

what you asking for, making 1 item let you reach 1 lvl? :S

Edited by Marre, 24 December 2013 - 22:19.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: