Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2018 - 18:11

Hi all,

We've just released the v0.2.1 beta version of the Fallen Sword App on iOS via TestFlight. If you previously registered your interest in trying it out, you should receive an email shortly with details about how to download it via TestFlight.

If you'd like to be invited to try out future beta releases on iOS you can click here and fill out your information!

Alternatively, if you have an Android phone or tablet, you can click the link below to opt-in to the beta and try it out:

All feedback appreciated!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 20:45

HI Hoof,,excited to try it out at home and give you some feedback on that

Not to be a pest but I been asking a few times over a couple posts,, a year ago in the jan 2017 update post you threw around a idea of the app being a standalone game where we would start over or one we would keep these accounts. You said at that time it wasn't ready to decide and closer to the app this would be discussed,,,, any news on this? I can give you some feedback from people who have been watching me on lunch,, they are not interested in a 10 year old game but if this was a restart they would be interested in trying it!
Id just like to tell them what to expect,,, also titans and SEs apparently are a very rare and exciting thing for an app!

#3 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2018 - 21:25

HI Hoof,,excited to try it out at home and give you some feedback on that

Not to be a pest but I been asking a few times over a couple posts,, a year ago in the jan 2017 update post you threw around a idea of the app being a standalone game where we would start over or one we would keep these accounts. You said at that time it wasn't ready to decide and closer to the app this would be discussed,,,, any news on this? I can give you some feedback from people who have been watching me on lunch,, they are not interested in a 10 year old game but if this was a restart they would be interested in trying it!
Id just like to tell them what to expect,,, also titans and SEs apparently are a very rare and exciting thing for an app!

It's still something we're going to discuss with the team, however I can say for sure that you'll definitely be able to play your current character on the app :)

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 April 2018 - 22:38

It's still something we're going to discuss with the team, however I can say for sure that you'll definitely be able to play your current character on the app :)

In that eventuality, will we be able to keep both new and original characters?  Or will we have to choose one or the other?  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#5 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 23:14

THANK YOU!

In that eventuality, will we be able to keep both new and original characters?  Or will we have to choose one or the other?  

And what She said. I will wait for Hoof to ask for input on this subject (and try not to hijack this thread!) and then give my own feedback and suggestions

#6 Jinan

Jinan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:10

Thank you, now it is available for me to download.

#7 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2018 - 17:24

You'd be able to keep both as the characters wouldn't be able to interact with each other.

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2018 - 17:43

You'd be able to keep both as the characters wouldn't be able to interact with each other.

Character A may not be able to interact with Character B - but what about via Character C ? - allowing multiple characters seems to be a retrograde step IMO, akin to "legalising" clones, passing goodies back and forth willy-nilly

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#9 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 18:01

(something wrong with quoting, perhaps because I'm at work,, to reply to Hoof)

AWESOME!! One thing I been trying to give feedback on is several coworkers have noticed me playing and asked and most aren't interested in starting a game with players 10 years ahead. I would also like the idea of a new character so this sounds pretty cool, cant wait to get to a point of discussing it

#10 BigOStyle

BigOStyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 21:02

Are there any known issues with logging in using the App. I was having an issue logging in with ver 0.2.1. I uninstalled the older beta version and installed this latest version and I am still having issues with logging in after linking accounts.

#11 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 22:06

Are there any known issues with logging in using the App. I was having an issue logging in with ver 0.2.1. I uninstalled the older beta version and installed this latest version and I am still having issues with logging in after linking accounts.

I have heard. Yes. Yes there are. So I have heard

#12 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:09

Hello BigOStyle,

I am still able to log in with the build available on Playstore, could you please give us more details on the steps and the results you get?

cheers,

kami

#13 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 17:45

Is there a reason why my questbook appears in some kind of random order?  I mean rather than sorted by level or even alphabetically, it's chaotic.....  

zu5Vsnw.png

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#14 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 19:38

it is sorted by the ABC's.. tap Level to sort it by level and tap Quest to sort it alphabetically...

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 20:37

I beg to differ, that's the first page of my quest book.  I thought that it was alphabetical at first, but just a few lines down is A Present Darkness.....  This is why I wondered about it....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#16 BigOStyle

BigOStyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:16

Ok so when I start the app, I get the log in splash screen and It says {logging in...} and thats all. It never goes any further the game doesn't start. It doesn't go past the splash screen.

#17 BigOStyle

BigOStyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:17

Hello BigOStyle,

I am still able to log in with the build available on Playstore, could you please give us more details on the steps and the results you get?

cheers,

kami

Ok so when I start the app, I get the log in splash screen and It says {logging in...} and thats all. It never goes any further the game doesn't start. It doesn't go past the splash screen.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. It asks me to create a new account or link an existing account.

After I enter my account information. The app says accounts linked and then goes to  logging in splash screen and locks up. I can't even 'cancel' log in.

Edited by BigOStyle, 06 April 2018 - 01:27.

#18 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:56

are you on a Relic or Titan? I know the previous beta version would lock me out when I was on a Titan.. had to use the browser to move one square

#19 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:59

I thought that it was alphabetical at first, but just a few lines down is A Present Darkness.....  This is why I wondered about it....

HI penny,

The Questbook should be sorted alphabetically by default, and like "RebornJedi" says you can tap the headings to change the sort type. That's how it is suppose to work anyways. I'm not sure why you are getting "Preset Darkness" at the bottom of the list. I will look into this and try get a fix for the next update :)

Are you able to send me a screenshot of this happening? Might give me some clues as to why.

Thanks,

Conix :)

#20 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:23

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. It asks me to create a new account or link an existing account.

After I enter my account information. The app says accounts linked and then goes to  logging in splash screen and locks up. I can't even 'cancel' log in.

Hi BigOStyle,

Thanks for reporting the issue, I was able to reproduce it on dev server, unfortunately we don't have a fix for now but the log in issue can be solved by avoiding that area your character is currently in. Please use the browser to move to Krul Island to solve the log in issue.

cheers,

kami

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: