33 replies to this topic

#1 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 17:43

Mining in fallensword what? Maybe? Fun new aspect? 

Possible chance of getting fsps from rocks sometimes too?

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 July 2017 - 17:45.

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 July 2017 - 18:19

lol wut?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 18:24

idk... then the raw materials could be kind of like used like frags are in composing to make... Blah?

You walk the map to find rocks? idk... 

the raw materials mined should be unbound.

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 July 2017 - 18:25.

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 18:36

actually sounds fun

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#5 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 18:39

Rocks would be

log_2.gif 18:38 04/Jul/2017
[ Report | Ignore ] Ba*****y says: random like chests and se\'s but more common like elites....   [ Reply | Trade | ST | Buff ]

Some rocks varieties can be as rare as chests tho.

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 July 2017 - 18:40.

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 18:42

Keep the idea going everyone chime in and bounce ideas

#7 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 21:08

as long as mining is opt-in  :ph34r:

giphy.gif

Edited by duktayp, 04 July 2017 - 21:10.

#8 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:01

NOPE_zpsnsomy97r.jpg

Edited by activeh1, 05 July 2017 - 07:06.

5aZzW0p.png,

#9 Linkarus

Linkarus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 17:13

Why not? I really like the idea!! :) thank you for suggesting. Even though HCS is now focusing on completing the App, but sooner or later this game must be developed further in terms of gameplay, not just new areas for higher levels....

What's up with all the negative comments? Unbelievable.

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 17:43

People are entitled to their own opinion and i respect that... Although even if negative i'd like to see reasons why. Because it helps the idea evolve into something better.

Edited by EpicPiety, 07 July 2017 - 17:43.

#11 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 07 July 2017 - 19:46

pretty sure they wont give shards or fsp away in rocks ,would you need the mystic pick axe to break them down when you find them ?

5aZzW0p.png,

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:28

Bump

Maybe it can have a leveling system like composing as well and be requirements in some recipes epics etc?

Will add some depth to leveling as it is quite mundane. Theres a reason why people ask for doubler 50000

Willing to throw the idea out if the cows dont like it but can be a special fsp rock thats rare as a chest that gives X amount of fsps.

Possibly slightly more common gold rocks that give x amount aswell.

Pickaxe could be treated like a crystal item as in one rock mined one durability taken off.

The pickaxe or pickaxes can be invented or sold in shops whichever. Maybe even an epic one thats invented aswell with certain perks like chance at double loot etc.

Maybe a chance to fail and break a rock depending on your level?

Obviously there should be level requirements for rocks.

Edited by EpicPiety, 06 September 2017 - 09:40.

#13 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 17:18

So, that would be something you'd walk by, like SEs and Chests?

I would preffer something different, like a real mine, where you need to go to and pay X amount of gold to be able to mine for X amount of time...And you can't leave while it's not finished...I think that would be a good gold sink, plus would be nice to make people move around a little bit more other than hunting, farming and killing titans. (can also be more than one mine, like Relics on the maps....Whatahell, the Relics can become the mines or something)

I'm 100% sure that will never happen, it's just cool to talk about it

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 September 2017 - 17:35

I like seeing the ideas the Community come up with. I'm watching this to see how it goes.

~ Grim

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 18:05

I would preffer something different, like a real mine, where you need to go to and pay X amount of gold to be able to mine for X amount of time...And you can't leave while it's not finished...I think that would be a good gold sink, plus would be nice to make people move around a little bit more other than hunting, farming and killing titans. (can also be more than one mine, like Relics on the maps....Whatahell, the Relics can become the mines or something)

That sounds pretty cool to me

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 18:43

I'm thinking they would be visible on the map like a titan.

If there was designated maps for them i feel like they would be too common. To cater to everyone i don't think recipes or whatever we do with them should hog alot of space seeing that not everyone is blessed with massive backpacks.

It is my hope that this wouldn't even be hard to implement seeing that maybe it can piggy back off existing code. I don't care what angle it goes in i just want to see it be able to stay relevant and last the test of time. I feel like badpenny's suggestion for spawn rate and random spawn throughout the realm would best serve that as well as suggestions in my previous post to do with failing etc. That's just me though :)

We can definitely add a gold sink aspect to it to something to do with the pickax to mine them though :). Although gold is already very sparce in the game to begin with now a days with all the current sinks as well as sac 500. Food for thought there is an actual point where gold gain < gold sinks and then all the gold in the game will eventually pitter out... That's off topic but food for thought. It would be interesting if HCS could compile that statistic. Doesn't have to be public.

Edited by EpicPiety, 06 September 2017 - 18:55.

#17 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 19:26

I see a lot of people talking about rerolls on DQ's. Wanting DQ's to consist of more ingredients and activities. Increasing the duration it takes to finish it. I see threads started requesting that there be more quest for higher levels along with more stuff to do. Then I see in another thread that many players have skipped quest for the last two thousand levels.

I just don't get it. Is it going to lower the cost of Hell Forging? While increasing the states on weapons? Other than burning Stam or gold... Do you really think the rest of the community would want this. Only a very small fraction actually looks at the Forums

#18 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 19:28

What are you even talking about. I'm sure people want something else to do. It's better than nothing. If you don't like it don't participate it's opt in LOL. You've continued to make no sense throughout the thread. It's essentially glorified version of SE/chest hunting. Should those be removed from the game too? If there was a way to accurately represent the idea in an in-game poll i wouldn't be against it. Then there will be no complaints yes?

Edited by EpicPiety, 06 September 2017 - 19:34.

#19 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:16

I'm game for a new aspect of the game to be added. See no reason to deny those who would want it anyway even if I have no interest myself.

Would like to see the idea refined and laid out to better to understand just how this will work though. It helps for those of us (me) with a distinct lack of brain cells. :P

#20 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 23:12

I'm game for a new aspect of the game to be added. See no reason to deny those who would want it anyway even if I have no interest myself.

I agreeing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: