47 replies to this topic

#1 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 13:05

Ok, so as you may have noticed, or not...  I've been away from the game for nearly 2 years.

I've come back to find new medals as stated above.

Are these PvP season medals something that come along like Legendary Events?

Been getting conflicting information when asking around in game. Some say it was a replacement to the PvP ladder and will not be put back in place... some say that they are like Legendary Events and will make a come back at somepoint.

Just wanting someone who does know for sure to clear this up for me?

Peace

#2 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2015 - 13:25

Seasons was supposed to replace the Ladder. People didn't like it in that function so the ladder was brought back. Seasons will be retrofitted to be a kind of PvP Global in the future.

#3 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 13:27

Ah sounds good, thanks for the update

#4 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:49

Welcome back :)

#5 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 17:55

I've been away so long I don't know what ANYTHING is anymore...

#6 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 21:22

Seems like this is the place for the "been gone a long time and came back to find this" thread. Any chance this will come back? Seeing that I cant find any progress bar on my page it doesnt bode well. 

Since I was one of those guys who thought we should never have had a seperate ladder can I ask how badly the idea bombed? And how? (my guess is the cries of bunnies became overpowering) Finally after all the trouble, changes(to pvp ladder) and,, well people taking breaks,, how in the hell has a pvp daily quest became a tolerated and normal part of peoples days? 

I am genuinely interested in all of this so please keep it as constructive as possible while remaining frank about it. Id like to see if perhaps I have a solution that can get this back running again since its driving me nuts to have a medal I cant earn that others have.

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 September 2017 - 21:42

Seems like this is the place for the "been gone a long time and came back to find this" thread. Any chance this will come back? Seeing that I cant find any progress bar on my page it doesnt bode well. 

Since I was one of those guys who thought we should never have had a seperate ladder can I ask how badly the idea bombed? And how? (my guess is the cries of bunnies became overpowering) Finally after all the trouble, changes(to pvp ladder) and,, well people taking breaks,, how in the hell has a pvp daily quest became a tolerated and normal part of peoples days? 

I am genuinely interested in all of this so please keep it as constructive as possible while remaining frank about it. Id like to see if perhaps I have a solution that can get this back running again since its driving me nuts to have a medal I cant earn that others have.

Only a handful have that medal.   Hopefully the global event aspect will be more palatable to the masses.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#8 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 22:21

seasons was so long ago....

every PvP attack was 50(?) stam

every attack resulted in an automatic bounty, at some random time in the future - there was at times as much as a dozen-ish pages on the BB

if you put extra gold on the bounty, it was more punishing...max gold (forget how much) guaranteed a loss of 2 levels 

as with all updates, there were bugs. i forget the details, but one bug was people logging on to see themselves down xx levels because of...something, i forget

in its' bugged form, a poll was created asking if people liked the new seasons update. well, of course no one liked it because of the bugs so it was repealed

if the poll was created after the bugs were worked out it might have been more so well received, which is a statement sure to invite rage-replies

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:36

Seasons was supposed to replace the Ladder. People didn't like it in that function so the ladder was brought back. Seasons will be retrofitted to be a kind of PvP Global in the future.

Sorry i do have to correct you and i do believe i am correct in saying this. If there wasn't the xp catastrophe it would still be here today. It's so sad i had a lot of fun in seasons.

Wow oct 2015 rip well still going to correct you from 2 years ago lol.

Edited by EpicPiety, 28 September 2017 - 01:38.

#10 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:35

This will be released summer 18

#11 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:13

I hope you're right. Just at some point is fine by me.

Edited by BigGrim, 28 September 2017 - 11:52.
No flamebaiting please.

#12 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 13:56

I hope you're right. Just at some point is fine by me.

he didnt say which century though lol

#13 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:26

Sorry i do have to correct you and i do believe i am correct in saying this. If there wasn't the xp catastrophe it would still be here today. It's so sad i had a lot of fun in seasons.

Wow oct 2015 rip well still going to correct you from 2 years ago lol.

no epicpiety, you wrong, what biggrim saying is truth and fact and you knowing this very good because you was posting in many season topics, you knowing that problem was not only xp loss

this what hoofmaster posting:

Hoofmaster saying:

Hi all,

Firstly, we'd like to thank everyone who contributed towards the in-game poll regarding the PvP Seasons and Bounty Board update.

A total of 2,036 players voted and of that 515 liked the update, compared to 974 who preferred how the game was before. This means of the players who either liked or disliked the updated, over 65% preferred how the Bounty Board and PvP Ladder used to work. Or if you include the players that didn't mind along with people who disliked the update - it would give a total percentage of 74.7%.

Therefore we have decided to do the following:

1) After the current PvP Season ends next Monday, we are going to re-instate the PvP Ladder and Bounty Board to how it used to work. We'll allow players to opt-in in advance of the first PvP Ladder going live.

2) The PvP Season system will no longer be a permanent feature, but instead we will remove the Titan League part and convert it into a new form of opt-in Global PvP Event. As well as this, during the PvP Events we will re-instate XP Loss for rated hits and also remove the ability to place a bounty for them.

3) We will also re-instate the ability to select how much stamina is used in a PvP attack (from between 10 and 100).

#14 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:01

if i interpret  Epicpietys' post correctly, they were referencing  the "people did not like it" part of the comment

while i agree; people do not like bugged updates that cost them double-digits in levels

i think the seasons update would have been better received had it been released is its' intended form

it replaced the ladder, the BB (as we know it now), the choice of stamina used in an attack, the placement of bounties...it was a game changer 

sold to us as a kind of 2.0 of the game, a permanent change...i remember the buzz about it in forum, the teasing (seasons coming soon! we're working on it!)

it was an equalizer - no more guild vs player PvP, and the BB was hyper-active

(no counter- bounties? someone correct me here, i don't remember)

i miss it 

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:06

It could of been great. Trashing it was a utter waste of dev time that we surely haven't seen since. I believe towards the end we were entering the right path. But due to poor management and decision making from the cows it was buried. Entirely was a cop out on their end. Things this big need to be beta tested by veteran players anyways. The massive mistakes wouldn't of been prevalent otherwise. Bounty system needed word etc etc. That's my opinion.

I do also stand firm in saying kito that if the xp glitch bug mistake or whatever you want to call it was never there from the start the vote would of swung the other way. The vote was quite close wasn't it?

Edited by EpicPiety, 29 September 2017 - 11:12.

#16 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:13

OK so to recap,,,

It was like the first pvp ladder,,, hit everyone and figure it out later,, and everyone complained but especially the bunnies who dont want to be attacked at all. 

And again,, the bunnies who want to do the attacking on npcs that dont think or respond in a nice and safe enviroment didnt like pvp even in an event. And nobody thought about a opt in or out for this,, pretty much axed any kind of game wide pvp once again?

And now theres a medal out there only one player has and chances are,, judging by the time since this was "going to come back" will be the only one to ever get it?

And pvp ladder,, and basically pvp in general is still in detention where all us degenerates can hit one another instead. Rewards arent really updated to content and you can pretty much opt in and do nothing for a place in most bands.

BUT theres now a daily quest for pvp (how did this not get forum pages of whining about hits??) that seems to be accepted as part of the game. At least bios went from "attack=bounty and many many levels taken,, I promise dont even hit me for 10 stam because ill make you pay,, rue the day and even your grandchildren will talk about how you should never have messed with me" to "attacks for 10stam for daily quest are ok as long as its not 100"

Either way please continue to tell me about this event and maybe we can come up with a way to get something like it back in the game. Nobody has really went into what we got for participating and maybe theres the answer. Something that makes it worth taking a couple days and maybe losing a couple levels while not allowing bullying of bunnies but still encouraging everyone to at least do a couple attacks and try it out would be great.

Oh yea,, this vote everyone talked about. Was it a vote taken by both pvp and pvped or did it include the people who hid behind paid protection who always vote no to any pvp? (and where are they now?)

Edited by watagashi, 29 September 2017 - 11:15.

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:15

Gren the cows need to admit they bleeped up and reinstate a refined version of it. Most of the people didn't entirely despise it they just disliked the way it was introduced for certain aspects. Although we won't see that happening ever because it seems the app is forever away.

#18 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:29

Gren the cows need to admit they bleeped up and reinstate a refined version of it. Most of the people didn't entirely despise it they just disliked the way it was introduced for certain aspects. Although we won't see that happening ever because it seems the app is forever away.

Hey I still have faith the epic quests will get done one day XD

I dunno if they "beeped up" or not,, still getting the jist of this whole thing but judging on the issues the ladder had it was all about the old debate. Those who want a pvp game and those who want a easy click and kill the bunny game. The ladder has had umteen revisions trying to fix this before I took my break,, including for some reason people who dont pvp being against rewards for those who did. 

From what I hear so far the one big part that didnt get great feedback was taking ladder and bb and changing them, I doubt that worked great. Keeping in place the functions as they are but changing them to fit into a temporary event would actually be a bit of fun.

More info please! How exactly did this work? What were the rewards and what was done to encourage people to give pvp a try who maybe hadnt done it yet? Did they end up being chew toys or like the guy with no stam upgrade who still burns every tick just to qualify for the lowest tier of a kill pinatas event did they get something for it too?

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:30

The rewards were great a better version of ladder chests! Man i'd never have stamina if this was still here it was very entertaining to partake in. I bet you they would see much longer average log time of players too. I don't even remember how exactly it worked because it changed so many times in a short time period.

Edited by EpicPiety, 29 September 2017 - 11:31.

#20 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 29 September 2017 - 13:04

The rewards were great a better version of ladder chests! Man i'd never have stamina if this was still here it was very entertaining to partake in. I bet you they would see much longer average log time of players too. I don't even remember how exactly it worked because it changed so many times in a short time period.

i dont think it would change the online time of players ,maybe the ones who pvp ,but the ones who dont well it wont make any difference to them ,cs they dont pvp now so how would this make them change ?

5aZzW0p.png,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: