Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 11 March 2018 - 22:49

New NPC’s:

- Brother Khan, the Connector: Fuses the Fallen Sword Cubes
(Lore) Brother Khan is a very interesting individual. He keeps himself alive by using a few of his magic tricks. He creates some resourceful things, but his magic has a few catches: He can only craft things once a day. Such is the expense of his marvelous magic.

-
Brother Illiad, the Veteran Hunter: Task assigner for main quests
(Lore) A former hunter himself, Brother Illiad was a graced bounty hunter. Arrogant as he was in his day, he was an efficient assassin. One day, he suddenly stopped hunting, for reasons that nobody knows.

“Epic” Daily Quest Line - “The Cube”
First Questline: The Fallen Sword Cube (Required Level: 50)

Part I
Brother Khan starts off by telling you that he needs you to bring him a few things first:

1. Fallen Sword Cube Part 1
2. Fallen Sword Cube Part 2
3. Fallen Sword Cube Part 3
4. Fallen Sword Cube Part 4

If you are to bring him these items, he can fuse them and craft the Powerful Fallen Sword Cube, which can be used to create powerful items. He himself does not know where to find them, so he tells you to go see Brother Illiad instead.**

Part II
You go to Brother Illiad, and you tell him that Brother Khan sent you his way. He needs to craft a Fallen Sword Cube and that he may know where to find the pieces needed. He seems bothered by your presence, but chooses to cooperate. He tells you that he will give you the pieces himself, but that you have to prove yourself worthy first… which means killing stuff and coming back to him.

Part III
Reward: Fallen Sword Cube Part 1 x 1. Quest Item. Bound (Non-Tradable)

- Task

The way I see the tasks they could follow the same type as the regular Daily Quests.
1. Defeat X of X type of creatures
2. Defeat X amount of players in combat (GvG/PvP/Bounty)
3. Break down X amount of items
4. Join X Arenas
5. Travel X tiles
6. Kill X Super Elites

I feel that the quests should be
GREATLY reduced in the number requirement to keep them attainable and not too much time consuming. I also feel that the quests should be a choice of the player, but they cannot replay the same quest. Once you do one for any given part, you cannot do that specific type again until the Quest resets (Daily).

But SS, how does that work

If you decide to do #5, travel X tiles, for Part III, then your options for Part IV are: 1 2 3 4 and 6. By the time you’re done, there should be 2 types that you did not do.

Part IV
Reward: Fallen Sword Cube Part 2 x 1. Quest Item. Bound (Non-Tradable)
Task: Choice of Task

Part V
Reward: Fallen Sword Cube Part 3 x 1. Quest Item. Bound (Non-Tradable)

Part VI
Reward: Fallen Sword Cube Part 4 x 1. Quest Item. Bound (Non-Tradable)

Brother Illiad tells you that your job is done and to go meet Brother Khan again.

Part VII
Reward: Fallen Sword Cube (Hollow) x 1. Quest Item. Bound (Non-Tradable)
You meet Brother Khan. He is very happy that you brought all the pieces, and he trades you them for a Fallen Sword Cube (Hollow). He tells you that all that is needed is for me to add a special Core added inside before he can activate the cube. He tells you that a renowned jeweler may have it in stock (Sister Andreas Jeweler in Cathedral of Ways 2,3).

***For this part, you would need to buy a Powerless Fallen Sword Cube Recipe from Bother Giles Curious (Cathedral of Ways 1,4). The Recipe requires a Fallen Sword Cube (Hollow) x 1 and a Fallen Sword Cube Core x 1, which would be bought at a gold price from Sister Andreas Jeweler. Combine both to obtain a Powerless Fallen Sword Cube x 1 (Quest Item)(Bound)(Non-Tradable).

Part IX
Reward: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 1 (Tradable)
You bring the Powerless Fallen Sword Cube to Brother Khan, he does his magic and tada, you have yourself a Powerful Fallen Sword Cube.

This quest can be repeated every day. Should progress count towards Daily medal?

Powerful Fallen Sword Cube

I am thinking of it being a tradable Quest Item used in Recipes. The recipes could create potions with (new?) buffs, or just make existing buffs at a higher level than standard (175).

Possible Potions:

1. Potion of the Cursed Wielder (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 3 , Potion Bottle (Globe) x 1
Creates: Potion of the Cursed Wielder (Potion) (150 minutes) x 1
Grants: (NEW) Cursed Weapon (Buff)
Level: 250
Description: 0.2% per point stat bonus to your equipped Weapon. Excludes 'Gain' bonuses. Double chance of durability loss. Prevents Unbreakable from working while active.

2. Potion of the Cursed Mind (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 3 , Potion Bottle (Vial) x 1
Creates: Potion of the Cursed Mind (Potion) (150 minutes) x 1
Grants: (NEW) Cursed Helmet (Buff)
Description: 0.2% per point stat bonus to your equipped Helmet. Excludes 'Gain' bonuses. Double chance of durability loss. Prevents Unbreakable from working while active.

3. Potion of the Corrupted Grasp (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 3 , Potion Bottle (Elegant) x 1
Creates: Potion of the Corrupted Grasp (Potion) (150 minutes) x 1
Grants: (NEW) Cursed Gloves (Buff)
Description: 0.2% per point stat bonus to your equipped Gloves. Excludes 'Gain' bonuses. Double chance of durability loss. Prevents Unbreakable from working while active.

4. Extended Cast Potion (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 3, Potion Bottle (Round) x 1
Creates: Extended Cast Potion (Potion) (90 Minutes) x 1
Grants: Extend (Buff)
Level: 200

5. Potion of the Necromancer (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 5, Potion Bottle (Hexagon) x 1
Creates: Potion of the Necromancer (Potion) (150 minutes)
Grants: (1) Poison (Buff), (2) Ignite (Buff), (3) Blood Thirst
Level: (1) 250, (2) 250, (3) 250

6. Potion of the Avid Lancer (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 5, Potion Bottle (Collared Globe) x 1
Creates: Potion of the Avid Lancer (Potion) (150 minutes)
Grants: (1) Riposte (Buff), (2) Sharpen (Buff), (3) Undermine (Buff), (4) Side Step (Buff), (5) Critical Hit (Buff)
Level: (1) 250, (2) 250, (3) 250, (4) 250, (5) 250

7. Potion of the Juggernaut (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 5, Potion Bottle (Inscribed) x 1
Creates: Potion of the Juggernaut (Potion) (150 minutes)
Grants: (1) Retaliate (Buff), (2) Degrade (Buff), (3) Bastion (Buff), (4) Absorb (Buff), (5) Unbreakable (Buff)
Level: (1) 250, (2) 250, (3) 250, 4 (250), 5 (200)

8. Potion of the Prize Hunter (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 3, Potion Bottle (Round)
Creates: Potion of the Prize Hunter (Potion) (150 minutes) x 1
Grants: Titan Doubler (Buff)

9. Potion of the Fierce Challenger(Super Elite)(Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 10, Potion Bottle (Elegant) x 1
Creates: Potion of the Fierce Challenger (Potion) (300 minutes) x 1
Grants: (1) Fumble (Buff), (2) Hardened (Buff), (3) Dispel Curse (Buff), (4) (NEW) Intimidate (Buff)
Level: (1) 250, (2) 250, (3) 200, (4) 250
Description: (4) +0.1% per skill level reduction to attackers’ damage when defending a PvP attack. (Excludes relic combat).

10. Potion of Gracious Defeat (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 5, Potion Bottle (Hexagon) x 1
Creates: Potion of Gracious Defeat (Potion) (300 minutes) x 1
Grants: (1) Fumble (Buff), (2) Honor (Buff), (3) Shame
Level: (1) 200, (2) 200, (3) 300

11. Potion of the Healthy Roots (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 5, Potion Bottle (Inscribed) x 1
Creates: Potion of the Healthy Roots (Potion) (200 minutes) x 1
Grants: (1) Great Vigor (Buff), (2) Stout Hearted (Buff), (3) Chi Strike (Buff), (4) Fortitude (Buff)
Level: (1) 500, (2) 500, (3) 200, (4) 200

12. Potion of the Creator (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 5, Potion Bottle (Round) x 1
Creates: Potion of the Creator (Potion) (200 minutes) x 1
Grants: (1) Inventor (Buff), (2) Extractor (Buff), (3) Extractor II (Buff), (4) Resource Finder (Buff)
Level: (1-4) 250

13. Potion of Empowerment (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 3 , Potion Bottle (Pillar) x 1
Creates: Potion of Empowerment (Potion) (150 minutes) x 1
Grants: Empower (Buff)

14. Potion of the Challenger’s Cursed Pride (Super Elite)(Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 3, Potion Bottle (Globe) x 1
Creates: Potion of the Challenger’s Pride (Potion) (150 minutes) x 1
Grants: (NEW) Cursed Armor (Buff)
Description: 0.2% per point stat bonus to your equipped Armor. Excludes 'Gain' bonuses. Double chance of durability loss. Prevents Unbreakable from working while active.

15. Potion of Aftermath (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 5, Potion Bottle (Vial) x 1
Creates: Potion of Aftermath (Potion) (150 minutes) x 1
Grants: (1) Stun (Buff), (2) Shockwave (Buff), (3) Force Shield (Buff)
Level: (1) 200, (2) 200, (3) 200

16. Challenger’s Last Stand (Super Elite)(Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 25, Potion Bottle (Inscribed) x 1, 3 SE Items from the newer SEs
Creates: Challenger’s Last Stand (Potion) (500 minutes) x 1
Grants: (1) (NEW) Cursed Helmet (Buff), (2) (NEW) Cursed Weapon (Buff), (2) (NEW) Cursed Gloves (Buff), (4) (NEW) Cursed Armor (Buff), (5) (NEW) Cursed Shield (Buff), (6) (NEW) Cursed Amulet (Buff), (7) Cursed Boots (Buff), (8) Cursed Ring (Buff), (9) Cursed Rune (Buff)
Level: (1-9) 250
Description: (4) 0.2% per point stat bonus to your equipped Armor. Excludes 'Gain' bonuses. Double chance of durability loss. Prevents Unbreakable from working while active. (5)  0.2% per point stat bonus to your equipped Shield. Excludes 'Gain' bonuses. Double chance of durability loss. Prevents Unbreakable from working while active. (6) 0.2% per point stat bonus to your equipped Amulet. Excludes 'Gain' bonuses. Double chance of durability loss. Prevents Unbreakable from working while active. (7) 0.2% per point stat bonus to your equipped Boots. Excludes 'Gain' bonuses. Double chance of durability loss. Prevents Unbreakable from working while active.

17. Challenger’s Glorious Draft (Super Elite)(Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 25, Potion Bottle (Elegant) x 1, 3 SE Items from the newer SEs
Creates: Challenger’s Glorious Draft (Potion) (500 minutes) x 1
Grants: (1) Enchant Helmet (Buff), (2) Enchant Weapon (Buff), (3) Iron Fist (Buff), (4) Enchant Armor (Buff), (5) Enchant Shield(Buff), (6) Enchant Amulet (Buff), (7) Enchant Boots (Buff), (8) Enchant Ring (Buff), (9) Enchant Rune (Buff)
Level: (1-9) 250

18. Potion of the Cursed Buckler (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 3 , Potion Bottle (Collared Globe) x 1
Creates: Potion of the Cursed Buckler (Potion) (150 minutes) x 1
Grants: (NEW) Cursed Shield (Buff)
Description: 0.2% per point stat bonus to your equipped Shield. Excludes 'Gain' bonuses. Double chance of durability loss. Prevents Unbreakable from working while active.

19. Potion of the Cursed Pendant (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 3 , Potion Bottle (Vial) x 1
Creates: Potion of the Cursed Pendant (Potion) (150 minutes) x 1
Grants: (NEW) Cursed Amulet (Buff)
Description: 0.2% per point stat bonus to your equipped Amulet. Excludes 'Gain' bonuses. Double chance of durability loss. Prevents Unbreakable from working while active.

20. Potion of the Cursed Step (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 3 , Potion Bottle (Elegant) x 1
Creates: Potion of the Cursed Step(Potion) (150 minutes) x 1
Grants: (NEW) Cursed Boots (Buff)
Description: 0.2% per point stat bonus to your equipped Boots. Excludes 'Gain' bonuses. Double chance of durability loss. Prevents Unbreakable from working while active.

21. Potion of Cursed Compromise (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 3 , Potion Bottle (Pillar) x 1
Creates: Potion of Cursed Compromise (Potion) (150 minutes) x 1
Grants: Cursed Ring (Buff)

21. Potion of Cursed Symbols (Bound)
Needs: Powerful Fallen Sword Cube x 3 , Potion Bottle (Round) x 1
Creates: Potion of Cursed Symbols (Potion) (150 minutes) x 1
Grants: Cursed Rune (Buff)

All of course, an idea. Please let me know what you think :)

Edited by Corrupted, 11 March 2018 - 22:50.

#2 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 22:57

One word ....... awesome. And this is from a player who hates quests.

Cheers.

wil72

#3 LadyJ

LadyJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 23:24

Love this idea, please implement it :D

#4 raining3s

raining3s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 23:28

Sounds great honestly. Id like to see this implemented. First of all it would give lower levels a awesome activity to make money (fallensword cubes). I despise quests, but this would be a great reward system and would be fairly economic. Second of all, new buffs... fantastic... would also help in all aspects of the game. nice idea and Would love to see it implemented. Good luck !

#5 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:30

yep a nice idea will put that in with all the others till after the appLogo-1.png

5aZzW0p.png,

#6 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 20:28

Very cool idea

Edited by BigGrim, 13 March 2018 - 10:50.
Do not derail, thanks.

#7 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 12 March 2018 - 23:42

Anyone have any more ideas or thoughts on the topic at hand?

I'm really excited to hear what others have to say

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:51

Hi there guys.

Stay on topic and do not derail the thread.

~ Grim

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 March 2018 - 18:47

I do like the idea of a new questline to obsess over

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#10 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 23:53

Ok then on topic (EPIC QUEST LINE- the fallen sword cube),,,, this would be a great way to finally finish those epic quests from like 5 years ago and free up the space that rite of blood has taken up for so long

But because this doesnt really link into the other quest left open nor the future arcs promised quite some time ago I really feel this should be considered after the old quests are finally completed although it is a pretty nice idea that could fit into one of the arcs that havent even been started yet. Or make them a stand alone quest line that isnt "epic" since any old or new player will associate "epic" with the other started but not completed lines and new players are all going to wonder why this wasnt ever finished

For more specifics,, I dont really like the daily aspect of this with regards to epic quest line,, stand alone its great. The small amount of EQ that actually were completed were one shot, with a epic reward and epic storylines. This would be a great addition to the other arcs perhaps even writing it into them if they are ever completed. 

More specifics to this post, I like the new NPCs, they could work in both this stand alone and completing of old quests.
I do not like the tradable cube, rather again keep this in epic quest lines and make it bound perhaps for some reward better than a single use pot (low level stam gain rune perhaps??). If pots are the reward it should all be personal and bound

Some of the suggested  pots are quite interesting, I would rather see some of them simply added perhaps needing to complete a quest in this arc to get the recipe. Some of the pots I do not care for at all. Some I have doubts the game will be open to add because they will break other pots, buffs and etc (the level200 extend is a glaring example here, just dont see it happening)

The idea of a daily reward you can go after is quite interesting,, maybe this idea can just be taken off the "epic quest" label (because that term has been used and will always make every player who has waited forever for this to be completed wonder why it hasnt) and made a stand alone? A variable quest you can do each day for different rewards depending on the choice you make to go after. The idea of putting this into the unfinished arcs and making part of the rewards the ability to do these daily tasks would be a very nice reward for completing a arc

"This quest can be repeated every day. Should progress count towards Daily medal?" 
IMO no,, maybe a new medal, maybe part of completing the hanging epic quests, perhaps just a nice new thing to do each day but I dont like the idea of this linked to daily quest medal.

I hope this reply not only gives some feedback about the post idea but to remind everyone that the subject (epic quest line) has been left undone for a very long time and maybe its a good time to look into it again. 

Edited by watagashi, 14 March 2018 - 00:37.

#11 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 14 March 2018 - 00:39

Ok then on topic (EPIC QUEST LINE- the fallen sword cube),,,, this would be a great way to finally finish those epic quests from like 5 years ago and free up the space that rite of blood has taken up for so long

But because this doesnt really link into the other quest left open nor the future arcs promised quite some time ago I really feel this should be considered after the old quests are finally completed although it is a pretty nice idea that could fit into one of the arcs that havent even been started yet. Or make them a stand alone quest line that isnt "epic" since any old or new player will associate "epic" with the other started but not completed lines and new players are all going to wonder why this wasnt ever finished

I don't exactly recall what the story behind the old quests is. I am one of those that just rushed thru them and never really read the text. I would have to agree with these Quests being a stand alone thing rather than something that builds upon what we had before. When I was writing the whole thing, I had a completely different story in my mind too.

For more specifics,, I dont really like the daily aspect of this with regards to epic quest line,, stand alone its great. The small amount of EQ that actually were completed were one shot, with a epic reward and epic storylines. This would be a great addition to the other arcs perhaps even writing it into them if they are ever completed. 

But there is also a chance of the Cow going Moo. It's totally doable to make them somehow connect :)

More specifics to this post, I like the new NPCs, they could work in both this stand alone and completing of old quests.
I do not like the tradable cube, rather again keep this in epic quest lines and make it bound perhaps for some reward better than a single use pot (low level stam gain rune perhaps??). If pots are the reward it should all be personal and bound

Some of the suggested  pots are quite interesting, I would rather see some of them simply added perhaps needing to complete a quest in this arc to get the recipe. Some of the pots I do not care for at all. Some I have doubts the game will be open to add because they will break other pots, buffs and etc (the level200 extend is a glaring example here, just dont see it happening)

The NPCs could add something to build upon for the previous arcs. Who they are and their stories are all subject to change.

The potions would all be Bound also.

The idea I had when I was thinking of these quests was making something that the low levels had access to in a level playing field with the rest of the players. The people who want to use the Potions have two options: grind the cubes one at a time, or buy them from others. It gives the lower levels a way of making some income in the game and it gives the people who can afford it something worthwhile.

The Potions are all subject to change. My goal with those was offer something (in terms of buffs) that is not offered in other areas of the game. I feel like some of them might be too strong or perhaps not as desirable, and I think we could work on those too. Could add more too, who knows.

The idea of a daily reward you can go after is quite interesting,, maybe this idea can just be taken off the "epic quest" label and made a stand alone? A variable quest you can do each day for different rewards depending on the choice you make to go after. The idea of putting this into the unfinished arcs and making part of the rewards the ability to do these daily tasks would be a very nice reward for completing a arc.

I feel like this is the right way of doing it too. Making this Quest tie into the previous arcs.

The reward of doing all the Epic quests being able to do this "Daily Quest" to obtain the Cube sounds like a great idea. Two birds one stone!

"This quest can be repeated every day. Should progress count towards Daily medal?" 
IMO no,, maybe a new medal, maybe part of completing the hanging epic quests, perhaps just a nice new thing to do each day but I dont like the idea of this linked to daily quest medal.

I hope this reply not only gives some feedback about the post idea but to remind everyone that the subject (epic quest line) has been left undone for a very long time and maybe its a good time to look into it again.

I too do think it shouldn't be part of the Daily Quest medal. Perhaps it could count towards the Adventurer (Complete x Quests) Medal.

And wholeheartedly agree with the last paragraph. Appreciate your feedback!

#12 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:18

You definently put an amazing amount of thought into it! Even if I dont agree with all the pot suggestions and think a couple are just a bit too powerful or take away from other places to find a high lev pot of this type I sure hope your work finds a place to be added somewhere!

I dont like adding progress to adventurer medal either only because that is specific for game quests, a new medal (or the personal achievements thats been talked about for a while about being added) would be way more fitting for this.

It is a pity you didnt take the time to read the EQ storylines, one reason I am so adamant about its completion is they were by far the most extensive, deep, and satisfying quests in the game with a storyline that drew me in and kept my attention all the way to the end that I am currently left hanging on

Edited by watagashi, 14 March 2018 - 01:20.

#13 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 16 March 2018 - 13:26

Do the Cows have anything to say?

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 March 2018 - 14:00

Not had a chance to read it as yet. Once I do I'll post a proper reply.

~ Grim

#15 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 22:42

~ Grim

I have officially stalked this page 100 times since last Fri 

#16 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 23:03

~ Grim

I'm not bothering to read it... but would be great to hire somebody. 

#17 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 21 March 2018 - 14:31

You and I both. Still waiting

#18 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 16:24

Bump,,,
I know yall been busy but maybe this week??

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 March 2018 - 22:59

I'm curious as to what the cow gods think of this.  It's a well thought out and detailed idea and imho it deserves a closer look from the powers that be.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#20 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2018 - 16:36

I'm curious as to what the cow gods think of this.  It's a well thought out and detailed idea and imho it deserves a closer look from the powers that be.

this ^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: