• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 21:29

The Forest of Seasons never changed. It was always winter, always spring, always summer, always autumn, always at once, but never quite in the same place. Four corners, four seasons. It was the way of the Forest. It was the way on the whim of the Goddess Nanaea. The peculiarity did not seem to bother her Knights, but it gave the blue elf mage Karamazov the creeps.

“How can you stand it??â€

#2 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 20:27

“Come on!â€

#3 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 19:10

Karamazov was beginning to panic, which wasn't like him, or at least he chose not to be like that. Panicking resulted in a frizz fest that only a tribble would be proud of. It wasn't a cool look. It spoiled the image he favoured.

So he decided that he wasn't so much panicking as having concerns. And those concerns were caused by the fact that there DIDN'T SEEM TO BE ANY EXITS!!! The VORTEX that led to the Ethereal Void didn't seem to BE THERE ANYMORE! The abandoned Temple's Warp Gate was in RUINS!! And HE HAD MISSED ALMOST TWELVE HOURS OF FUN AND CARNAGE DOWN AT THE LAIR!! Krum was of NO help, he was sitting at the edge of this floating landmass, BROODING!!

What good was brooding? Karamazov thought as he 'ported from room to room, each as infested by large fat spiders in their mess of dusty cobwebs. It wasn't going to get them out of this realm! Huh, odd place for a mirror. The rats here have no stamina... That thought followed anincident where the skinny beast fainted upon the sudden appearance of the restless blue elf.

Finally, he decided to rejoin the transcendant knight, who happened to still be silently brooding.

Krum gazed down at his amulet. Even here in this confusing situation, it gave him comfort. "Whats that?" the mage demanded of him.

Krum frowned. "You know, you've seen it before."

"No, not that... that!" Krum wondered if Karamazov could be any less specific, before his eyes fell upon what the elf was on about. He detatched it from the back of his amulet.

"A shard of mirror?" Unexpected.

"Mirror? Weird!" Karamazov rolled his eyes upwards, heavenwards would have been more southerly. "It couldn't have been something useful like oh I don't know, a key or hint regarding an exit or anything! Just as pointless as that mirror I saw standing in the middle of one of the Temple's rooms. Not a spot of anything else useful in there! Not even a comb! Just throw that away and help me think of a way out of here... Wait! Where are you going?"

They stood before the mirror. The shard began to glow, a response echoed by the tall solitary glass in the centre of it's own room. "Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!" Krum offered. "What d'ya reckon it's for?"

"Our exit."

The world in the mirror seemed to be a complete reflection of that they had just left behind with but one exception; the azure sky of Vevalian no longer could be viewed in it's brilliance through the cloudy window panes. Instead, a darkness broken only by a million glittering crystal fragments.

"It looks a little like the Teridia Anomaly," Karamazov mentioned. "but it's a bit.... smaller..."

Krum nodded. The door to the mirror room led out into this shadow of Teridia, but not far, just until a second mirror that offered no reflection. He shrugged, there was no choice. They chose the offered exit...

#4 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 15:51

Two individuals stood alone surrounded by nothing but sand in the middle of the Great Desert, well actually one was sitting upon a floating chair. The other appeared almost to blend into the background of yellow dunes due to the golden sheen of his stone skin. This one was also holding a map mostly painted yellow with arrow marked “You are hereâ€

#5 gothador_seraphim

gothador_seraphim
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:55

Damned good start Kayla...

#6 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:11

Cloaked in brown, the kitsune sought shade from the midday heat. Uncorking the small leather pouch, he sipped the precious contents it held. He disliked this time of day where the powerful rays of the sun could strip the hide off a man should he bathe beneath them too long. Shadows were short also, it was not a time for the inexperienced to be traversing the desert. This period of inactivity brought other dangers such as thirst, harsh memories and mirages of the mind. Which was why he ignored the nearby sounds of battle punctuated by insane laughter and wished he had purchased that sunbrella even though it had been frilly and pink.

Images of his lost love flashed before his eyes. Why? Why must she haunt him so? Would that he could turn back the clock and be one of the victims of the Distortion instead of her!

He mourned anew, sipping the water, longing for some sort of distraction.

A clown fell from the sky and landed at his feet.

The kitsune kicked the unconscious fool. He hated clowns. Their scarily painted faces and love of slap-stick annoyed him. He had only one use for clowns… A rare grin appeared upon his face.

They were losing.

Krum swatted away one of the pouncing jesters with the back of his hand. Beside him, Mojawk launched one skyward, but the pesky creature of bad humour shimmered safely away. Karamazov was of no use. The blue elf mage simply ‘ported whenever a clown came in reach of him, whilst clicking his fingers trying to encourage more than a wisp of smoke to appear. Iaganatzi was no where in sight.

There were simply too many of them.

Not that Krum was one for odds, he perhaps would feel differently, if it was not for the incessant, mad chuckles that came from the clowns like a twisted war cry. He felt like dropping his sword, covering his ears and fleeing, weeping like a little child.

Just then, a silhouette of a cloaked figure eclipsed the sun. It threw the cloak aside, which landed on top of a fool, who then walked into a handy rock face, which in turn gave the smily-faced cretin concussion and a hefty bruise.

The kitsune landed amidst the mass of clowns. With the visual licence of slow motion on his side, he then altered his stance into that of the Crane, before sliding one arm down and behind his back. From there he produced a cream pie and let it fly into the face of an attacking clown.

All hell, and a food fight, broke loose.

Signalling it was time to slip away, the kitsune led the Knight, Mage and Omnilord away. At a safe distance and out of sight of the comic conflict, he motioned them to stop, which conveniently happened to be the exact spot where Iaganatzi was currently staring out into nothing.

“Here drink,â€

#7 troyster590

troyster590

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 20:27

Nice beginning!

#8 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:08

“Welcome to my sacred hang.â€

#9 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:24

Lols, Nice story so far, looking forward to more. Cool sig, it reminded me of the Drow, (I used to read alot of Forgotten Realms books) I'm going to speak to Hoof about some new ideas for one of the Dark Realms :D

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#10 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 18:30

Should I / the rest of Gothador be worried?

#11 gothador_purgatorix

gothador_purgatorix
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2006 - 19:36

*applauds & patiently waits for more*

#12 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:41

“Where are my new toys?â€

#13 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2006 - 16:44

Should I / the rest of Gothador be worried?

lol nope, most of my brainstorming is thrown in the bin :P

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#14 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 19:15

:lol: mojawk!

On another note, I want to apologise for trying to give individuals sex-changes of late!

#15 ROXATHA

ROXATHA

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Spain

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:14

/me likes the story so far

/me wonders if Kayla got my PM :oops:

#16 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:02

Of course I did, but this is going to be one long story!

#17 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:04

An imposing black marble table dominated the cold grey room that he entered; yet it compared little to him. Seated around it were his equals and underlings, seven in total. All dressed in black or red with but one exception, Paxedes, who wore a new pair of shocking violet thigh-length boots to match a skimpy leather body. He ignored the fact that she chose to display them upon the meeting desk, after all, those legs weren’t unattractive. He duly noted that he was not the only one to think so. A new paramour perhaps?

“Have you extracted the information from the prisoner?â€

#18 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 11:57

It took a time for the dust to settle. It took less time for everyone to begin talking at once.

“We’ll need transport…â€

#19 gothador_squeakers

gothador_squeakers
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:42

On another note, I want to apologise for trying to give individuals sex-changes of late!

OOC: *giggles* XD aww it's okay, just this once :) *hugs*

#20 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 21:30

The litter carried by a number of well muscled, semi-naked slaves paused at the Sandswept Origami Docking Port. The occupant was singing slightly off-key any words that might come to her mind to the tune of Amarilo. “Braelynd, Braelynd, Braelynd, you promised me a carrot cake, one with orange frosting and a topped with a little Ginge!â€

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: