The Village of Stratos. (Open storyline)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gothador_albtraum

gothador_albtraum
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:55

The katana hung idly from his waist. It has remained there for some time now. The ronin was not one to frivolously drawl his blade. There was no account for honor in these lands. Virtue has no meaning amongts scoundrels and savages.

Generally, Albtraum is prone to aimlessly wander. His love of nature and tendency towards boredom make it difficult to stay in one place for any extended period. Even so, there was something in the air in the small village of Stratos. A subtle feeling of quaintness. Almost like home.
Albtraum reminisced... until paniced screams broke his nostalgia. There was some commotion outside of the pub.

Stepping outside, he quickly discovered what the uproar was about. Two Masadons of relatively large stature were doing battle in the town square. Frightened citizens scattered in all directions, like roaches in the light.

Emerging from the Witch Doctors hut, a young mage apprentice cast small shards of ice at the Masadons who, consumed in combat, didn't notice.

"Where are the sentries?" he asked of the wind.

Deciding that someone is likely to get hurt, the Samurai drew his katana. The silver blade let off a pale glow in the moonlight. Albtraum stood motionless for a second, admiring the fine elven workmanship.

It was then the second crash was heard. The ground was littered with tarnished coins, water from the broken fountain spilled onto the cut stone of the town square. The smaller Masadon had become stuck in the fountain, while the larger took advantage of his misfortune. Here was his chance.

Running with elven stealth, his ebon skin cloaked in the night, Albtraum advanced on the Warlords. With an expertly aimed strike, he severed the spine of the aggressor below the base of the skull. The creature fell lifeless to the ground. As the second Masadon gained its footing, a loud din could be heard by the village gates. This explains why the sentries did not come to the aid of the towns people earlier. Something bigger than a few conflicted Masadons was threatening the village. The remaining Warlord, hurriedly ran away.

What terror plagues the night?

#2 gothador_kayliquinn

gothador_kayliquinn
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:27

Some people just didn't know a born star when one tumbled into their village. Okay so perhaps her singing voice need a little refinement, who cared? She had just managed to juggle two daggers, an orange and apple and two severed hands! Pfft! So the firebreathing had gone a little awol and the mayor now had third degree burns... even the greatest of bards made mistakes once in a while...

That was still no reason to have stuck her in the stocks ready for a hanging... she wondered who was gonna be hanged anyway...

Deep in her own thoughts, she barely noticed the screaming villagers rush by. Pfft! Call them screams? she thought scornfully. They're pitiful compared to the ones back at the asylum. The memories sent cold shivers down her spine. Kayli buried them down, deep down... Now to think of her ultimate act... the Great Escape!

"Shut up will ya!" she yelled at the villagers, "I'm trying to think here!" But they weren't listening. Finally she began to wonder what had upset them so...

#3 gothador_albtraum

gothador_albtraum
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 21:55

Though the village was not large, it's fortifications are enough to fool the random drifter. Albtraum scaled the stone wall. This wall was the towns pride. Eight feet in height, three is width.

This vantage point allowed him to see the true source of the hysteria. Fire consumed the towns large wooden gate. His acute elven vision allowed him to see the small details that would be lost to the human eye.

Daggers flew from a point blocked off so that Albtraum could not see. Some of them returned to their point of origin, others into the thinning herds of stampeding citizens, blood flowers bloomed and died in the night. Heads rolled...literally.

Quickening his pace he came to see what the source indeed was. The vile beast that struck terror within the masses and warded off the sentries... was nothing more than a human woman. What madness could drive a simple human to such malicious acts? What madness indeed. The girl sung.. or screamed songs of an insanely abstract nature.

As he approached, she was at last subdued by a sentries blow to the back of the head. As she was taken into custody, still muttering obscure nonsense, the crowds drew from hiding. There was talk already of execution. This struck pity into the heart of Albtraum. Surly this mere girl was in no control of herself.

Something must be done..

#4 gothador_kayliquinn

gothador_kayliquinn
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:14

Still in the stocks, Kayli carefully raised on leg stretched out before her as high as she could go, considering restraints and obstacles. Slowly, she bent her knee and brought her foot towards her face. Pulling her shoe off with her teeth was the next ardious task... but eventually achieved.

With a grin, she wiggled her toes at herself and giggled...

... before finally relieving herself of the itch upon her nose.

That was better. Now about that escape plan. And why were those villagers still screaming anyway...

#5 gothador_obscurity

gothador_obscurity
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 14:00

The stocks felt like rust. They come out when I dream. I can't stop their voices, however hard I may try.

"I hate them. The cadaver people, they try to steal my brain waves from within my dreams. I do not welcome them...they're MY dreams."

It was then, that I noticed I was no longer alone. They had put a woman in the stock beside me.

"Stop looking at me!" I apparently yelled. "I hear your mockery inside yourself!"

She smiled at me. I sighed.

"I have to brush my teeth..."

#6 gothador_kayliquinn

gothador_kayliquinn
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2007 - 19:56

That was better, stocks and chains were so last season! Not that she ever dared mention that to the Mistress... ooo was that a gold piece? It's soooo shiny. She bent down to get it, barely noticing the villagers zoom passed. A shadow cast over her, making her new aquistion look not so interesting any more. She tossed it over her shoulder, where it hit something large with a soft thud. There was a grunt, a warm wind and a yucky stench.

Kayli turned to her still incarserated neighbour, "Damn right you ought to brush your teeth!" she told him, but he didn't seem to notice, in fact he was looking at something behind her...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: