Photo

Double Stam Gain Day!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Double Stam Gain Day! (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the best day to have this running?

1. Monday (4 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

2. Tuesday (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Wednesday (2 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

4. Thursday (1 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

5. Friday (1 votes [2.13%])

6. All Weekend (27 votes [57.45%])

Percentage of vote: 57.45%

7. I think Id just like to shoot this all down (3 votes [6.38%])

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

8. Dont care at all dont use my stam already (2 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

9. This isn't fun Juvi, please try again (1 votes [2.13%])

10. None of the above (6 votes [12.77%])

Percentage of vote: 12.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 20:37

I wasn't thinking it would be something people would pay for - just a cool mini-event bonus that would give people a reason to login for :)

Hoof, who's your CFO? lmao... 

I like the thought... be careful with being overly generous ,oP 

Seriously, I wouldn't hardcore fight "whatever" being free, but I'm concerned about starting a something-for-nothing snowball. What about a "token payment" of 1 FSP or 150k gold? 

I think the "flash sale" idea was/is great. I'm "guessing" that it peaks activity a bit. More in a community spirit. 

"Flash event" as an idea, I'd be for. 

Log ins per day being increased... I'm not too sure how much that will help HCS. If that will help HCS income via the earn points section with advertisers or similar, then sounds worthwhile. 

Otherwise it's just a check-in similar to allegiance tokens... which, btw, I'd like to see the clock come back for ,oP

You're the boss Hoof. 

#42 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2015 - 20:42

Aye I just quite like the idea of random events and possibly daily quests :)

#43 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2015 - 21:05

Daily quests ? - how about that 2 yr old ( I think ) epic quest being finished (and maybe more added) ? ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#44 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2015 - 21:22

Daily quests ? - how about that 2 yr old ( I think ) epic quest being finished (and maybe more added) ? ;)

i hope others can see the humour i see, read first quote then second then first again then look at the smiley face and maybe youll see it :D

#45 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 23:33

maybe weekly quests? Huge series of them that can change every so often?

Edited by EpicPiety, 14 September 2015 - 23:52.

#46 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:12

After all the predictable global and double xp events, to hear this is refreshing. Let's see what you've got for us :P

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#47 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:17

They wouldn't be 'quests' in the normal sense, but more along the lines of johnagod's suggestion - so for example "Slay 100 Undead creatures", "Defeat 5 Elites" etc.

#48 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:27

We could also have totally random double composing xp events with maybe a trigger based on total kills achieved in a frag global ....? With 2 to 4 hour durations ...

Edited by zizzwyly, 15 September 2015 - 10:27.

#49 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:39

I wasn't thinking it would be something people would pay for - just a cool mini-event bonus that would give people a reason to login for :)

This is exactly the way things should go. Not just the freebies (be it random or when achieving something), but also that there are a lot of things happening. That will motivate more players to login and play.

#50 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 19:51

I really like the idea of random mini-events, maybe keep 1 kind of mini-event fixed for the same day of the week, and the rest be random.

Maybe the fixed mini-event could be 'Kill X Champions/Elites and receive a 24hrs Token that will give you +5 Stamina Gain per hour'.

And for random mini-events, some ideas:
- +5% XP Gain per hour.
- +50% RP for all Conflicts started in the 24 hrs of the event.
- 5% chance of use 0 stamina while moving.
- 25% chance of receiving double fragments while fraging gear.
- Double Composing XP.
- Offers like HCS is doing this week (BP, Allies, Max Stamina, XP Gain, Stamina Gain, AH Slots, etc)
- 5% Chance of using 0 stamina while killing creatures.
- 50% discount on Bounty Tickets.
- 50% discount to join Arena.
- 50% discount on Recipes bought on realm shops.
- 10% Chance of using 50% of stamina while buffing (On you, casted and Buff Market).
- 5% chance of use 50% stamina while attacking a player (BB, GvG, PvP and Ladder).
- Small Potion for doing a small quest.
- 10 Ladder Tokens or 20 Arena Tokens for doing a small quest.
- 25% Chance of using 0 stamina while killing a Titan.

Well, just some initial ideas to work with in the future, if the idea goes on.

#51 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 September 2015 - 20:35

If you're going to have random events (which are a great idea btw), then please MAKE them random ?

As in - NO NOTICE given, they just appear, run and expire.

('cos if you even hint at giving any warning of 'em, then as you full well know, folk will demand longer and longer advance notice of 'em ... )

Edited by Pardoux, 15 September 2015 - 20:35.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#52 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 21:42

If you're going to have random events (which are a great idea btw), then please MAKE them random ?

('cos if you even hint at giving any warning of 'em, then as you full well know, folk will demand longer and longer advance notice of 'em ... )

Not random as in you guys pressing a button either

#53 Jenne

Jenne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 21:42

I just finished saying how HCS should do their own thing, hoof said things are fine and he likes input so...

I made an fsbox post which got a few comments so ill put a poll here just for fun :)

Thought is every week on a day our stam gain is doubled for 24 hours, a lil spice, a little more reason to be active one day, a little something :)

None of the above.. It is a great idea but I was thinking of another idea, if double stamina would activate only if a player depletes his/her stam or reach below 100 after that a 5 days cd is applied, also if HCS is feeling generous for new players only 3 days cd is applied for the first 3-4 months of that player.

They wouldn't be 'quests' in the normal sense, but more along the lines of johnagod's suggestion - so for example "Slay 100 Undead creatures", "Defeat 5 Elites" etc.

I suggest a weekly quest about turning 6 common items, 3 rare items & 1 unique based on the players level, if a level 2600 player start he is ask to turn items ranging level 1 - 2600, as for 500 it is 1 - 500. Imagine that junks can actually be a treasure. If players will actually hunt item themselves its fine but for those who will just buy from AH, I think it will have a good effect on trading/economy.

Or once you've turned in the items a double stam gain buff is applied for 24hrs.

Just a thought on both replies.

#54 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 22:09

Just want to say I suddenly realized I might run out of "likes" on this post, lmao. So....

I really like the idea of random mini-events, maybe keep 1 kind of mini-event fixed for the same day of the week, and the rest be random.

Maybe the fixed mini-event could be 'Kill X Champions/Elites and receive a 24hrs Token that will give you +5 Stamina Gain per hour'.

And for random mini-events, some ideas:
- +5% XP Gain per hour.
- +50% RP for all Conflicts started in the 24 hrs of the event.
- 5% chance of use 0 stamina while moving.
- 25% chance of receiving double fragments while fraging gear.
- Double Composing XP.
- Offers like HCS is doing this week (BP, Allies, Max Stamina, XP Gain, Stamina Gain, AH Slots, etc)
- 5% Chance of using 0 stamina while killing creatures.
- 50% discount on Bounty Tickets.
- 50% discount to join Arena.
- 50% discount on Recipes bought on realm shops.
- 10% Chance of using 50% of stamina while buffing (On you, casted and Buff Market).
- 5% chance of use 50% stamina while attacking a player (BB, GvG, PvP and Ladder).
- Small Potion for doing a small quest.
- 10 Ladder Tokens or 20 Arena Tokens for doing a small quest.
- 25% Chance of using 0 stamina while killing a Titan.

Well, just some initial ideas to work with in the future, if the idea goes on.

Don't like absolutely all the ideas, but love the brainstorming.

Full on agree Pardoux. The "feeling" I got is that this would run like the current Flash Sales which, according to BG, are: Surprise and no announcements on home page. I frigging love the idea, hehe.

Stern wink at HCS: In line with Pardoux's post, no spilling the secret.... pretty please. (o0

#55 Aceshunter

Aceshunter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:59

Aye - it could be totally random things too - like 5% chance not to use stamina when moving, +x% gold from creatures - all mini events that last 24 hours that we run randomly :)

I like the sound of this Hoofmaster :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: