#41 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 December 2015 - 18:40

Great idea Grim..hope to see these one day composing 2x events more often.

Cheers! That idea is to have them reasonably frequently, yeah. I'm defo thinking once a month minimum but we'll see. ;)

#42 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2015 - 19:17

Cheers! That idea is to have them reasonably frequently, yeah. I'm defo thinking once a month minimum but we'll see. ;)

Frequent sounds good Grim. Don't fall into a routine though. Keep them random, frequent is good, every fifth of the month is just lame. (for example)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#43 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 22:13

Since when we flame people for speaking up their minds? Please calm down. You don't want to give early heads up for this? Fine. Absolutely fine although i personally believe there should be and that it wouldn't hurt. Peace!

I totally agree with you! A resistance to communicating with players has grown over the years. In this case players will instead need to learn to adjust their frag bank minimums to always have enough frags on hand to participate instead. I will continue to argue stamina is required for composing, like the 2xp event. If they want to treat the two differently ok. But the players who could use the most help in the game, new and non-upgraded ones, will have a harder time taking advantage of these "composed events" that are meant to help players. Management prefers to 'like' when players are online more(see post#37). I tend to think helping players play a challenging game in small increments leads them to want to play, then want to be online more often to do so, then that can lead to donations when capable.

What really concerns me on this subject is the imminent demand for additional composing levels which will lead to even more powerful pots that will only dumb down the game even further. The recent 2xp event is a perfect example of how donated, global and composed potions have made any game challenge ridiculous long ago! For example, one set of mediocre gear allows you to one hit 100s of levels with ease. Spending on current stam is the only challenge that remains. It's not a strong recipe for future success in my opinion.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#44 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 22:25

I change my mind. A 1 week notice is needed so I can save up stamina to be able to farm the 200 common frags I need to successfully participate in this double composing event. So hard to come by frags these days without a full stam bank ;p

#45 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 December 2015 - 17:58

A resistance to communicating with players has grown over the years.

Sorry but that's nonsense. We communicate with the player base constantly. This is obvious looking at the forums. We incorporate vast amounts of player feedback into the game but not all, as not all of it is good for the game.

Furthermore, we have said there will be no heads up regarding 2x Composing XP events, just like there is not for Global Events and Legendary Events, both of which do use Stamina.

This matter is closed.

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: