Photo

Seasonal Epic Change

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Seasonal Epic Cool down (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we change seasonal 1st place, no secure to 80% bonus TKP?

1. Yes (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. No (18 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

3. I have another solution to the issue. (please post on thread) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 December 2015 - 20:24

I propose that if you get 1st place, but fail to secure the titan, that you are capped at 80% TKP bonus for SEASONAL titans. This would prevent the double 1st place no secures and getting 2 epics on a single cooldown. This happens cause of the low 6,000 TKP exchange rate.

Yea its cool to circumvent the cool down and maximize your seasonal profits but is that hurting the value of the epics long term? Think about if many guilds do this. Love to hear the comments.

I'm adding a poll for fun on this one.

Some comments about the 2 for 1 CD deal:

XXXXXX says: lol, 2 epics is better than 1!

XXXXX says: We can't. If we do any more we will get the item through TKP. If we don't, next nunt we can get enough for 2 epics. It would cost us more to do the extra kills, but it looks like someone is on it. 

Edited by Windbattle, 23 December 2015 - 20:46.

#2 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 22:45

supply very low for these epics though.. not everyone can get them, wish they would make personal tkp for seasonal titans

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:50

If you want to take more away from the slow titan hunters be my guest :)

• Rek likes this

#4 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:13

supply very low for these epics though.. not everyone can get them, wish they would make personal tkp for seasonal titans

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

#5 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:41

Well, wouldn't it be better if they fix the check on how much TKP you have for a titan? So that the cooldown gets applied properly?

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 14:19

Well, wouldn't it be better if they fix the check on how much TKP you have for a titan? So that the cooldown gets applied properly?

@post #3

#7 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2015 - 15:53

@Epicpiety, we both know your statement is false about slow hunters. slow hunters still have little to no chance against a fast hunter, even with titan doubler and teleport. They will net some bigger numbers than in the past but won't place 1st, 2nd or 3rd usually. That is because faster hunters ALSO have access to titan doubler and teleport.

I say usually cause ... if the other BIG guilds have got on cool down then there is a chance for slow hunters or small guilds to actually secure or get descent TKP from a spawn. So what happens when guilds circumvent going on cool down to get 2 epics on 1 CD? Well they get 1 more spawn where they can get kills and block out the "slow hunter" or "small guild" from getting a chance at the titan.

I'm thinking about whats best for the game, not whats best for my wallet.

So again, I propose 80% bonus TKP on 1st place, no secure on seasonal titans OR raise the exchange rate to 8 or 10k (which would actually hurt the small guild / slow hunter). so I'm proposing the first. OR we could do nothing and continue to block out the slow hunter / small guild from having a descent chance at seasonal events. Its up the cows and your votes, so let it be heard.

Edited by Windbattle, 24 December 2015 - 15:55.

• 3JS likes this

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 16:31

That's not true at all wind :)...95% of the time the fast hunters are on CD. So 95% of the time the slow hunters are able to get 1st place. Who cares about the 5%... unless this also comes with no CD it's a terrible idea. Used to have so many BG quotes about CD before one day he suddenly started playing for the other side :P...Shame...CD is just a farse, makes it very easy to solo secure though. Without CD i couldnt dream of solo securing.

Edited by EpicPiety, 24 December 2015 - 16:40.

#9 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 00:28

no to this, if someone get first twice or whatever way they manage to do this. grats! and if you manage not to screw yourself over. grats again. High Risk(expense), High reward :)

#10 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:28

Reality is supply may well be low on these titans But people are not adapting to a changing game big guilds are obsolete simply is no need for them..Composing has done away with the need for relics the need for set changes. Xp is not a measure of any game skill or superiority over others it is just a reflection of doing something thousands of more times than others.

The cows have put in place limits on titan hunting limits on joining arenas for very good reasons yet we find threads like this where people want it reverted back so they can have their privilege again..

#11 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:28

I take offense to you saying "threads like this where people want it reverted back so they can have their privilege again". Do you even know what your saying? The cows have put limits on titan hunting and Arena and has good reasons to do so? Okay. I'm simply saying .. hey .. this is a possible abuse to something that I don't think is intended, which by the way, circumvents those very good limits your talking about.

Yet ... threads like these are about me personally benefiting. Sounds like you missed the point entirely and ranting on big guilds for some reason. 

I suggest you make a thread about how you hate big guilds or something. doesn't even remotely relate to my topic at all.

Edited by Windbattle, 26 December 2015 - 03:30.

#12 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:34

That's not true at all wind :)...95% of the time the fast hunters are on CD. So 95% of the time the slow hunters are able to get 1st place. Who cares about the 5%... unless this also comes with no CD it's a terrible idea. Used to have so many BG quotes about CD before one day he suddenly started playing for the other side :P...Shame...CD is just a farse, makes it very easy to solo secure though. Without CD i couldnt dream of solo securing.

Again, you missed the point. The point is that they was a 7 day cap on guilds to getting X epic from X titan. With the current strategy, its circumventing that rule as IF you secured say a nutcracker, then left your guild, joined another guild, and secured another nutcracker drop later that same day (currently not possible due to 7 day rule when joining a new guild).

Yet this strategy is doing EXACTLY that but slightly more efficiently. I leave it in the cows hands. They have been notified via this thread.  Just seems pointless to even release new titans or new items, if your going to let them get tanked hard due to people circumventing the rules. It will lead to oversupply of epics more quickly than intended AND block out small time hunters by delaying CD on top guilds.

Edited by Windbattle, 26 December 2015 - 03:35.

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:53

Again, you missed the point. The point is that they was a 7 day cap on guilds to getting X epic from X titan. With the current strategy, its circumventing that rule as IF you secured say a nutcracker, then left your guild, joined another guild, and secured another nutcracker drop later that same day (currently not possible due to 7 day rule when joining a new guild).

Yet this strategy is doing EXACTLY that but slightly more efficiently. I leave it in the cows hands. They have been notified via this thread.  Just seems pointless to even release new titans or new items, if your going to let them get tanked hard due to people circumventing the rules. It will lead to oversupply of epics more quickly than intended AND block out small time hunters by delaying CD on top guilds.

Everyone knows CD was just a lazy man's solution to combat "scripting" to please people...

Edit...

Oh yea and unfortunately now a days epics don't have a high sale value ever...Too many average TH are able to get a hold of seasonal epics. Only when the Epic has a high level do you get anything. They don't know how to properly price them therefore they continue to undercut each other WAY too much. I watch people undercut by 25-50 multiple times per day. Now a smart consumer will just hold out say 2-3 weeks until they are worth dirt and then buy. So if no ones buying them they are just hurting the price. No one benefits with this...The poor get poorer and the rich get poor.

Ex.

Seasonal epic sells for 2k without CD

-Slow TH manages to get 2 during the event

Profits 4k fsps

-Fast TH gets 6

Profits 12k fsps

Seasonal epic sells for 500 fsps with CD (3 week event)

-Slow TH gets 3

Profits 1500 fsps

-Fast TH gets 3

Profits 1500 fsps

Sure everyone profiting equally but people are taking a severe cut in POTENTIAL profit. Second of all i don't see whats so bad with just getting tkp...You shouldn't make it so everyone can secure. Personally i love seasonal titan events...It's really fun hunting, it's one of the only remaining moments when you can truly say TH is THing but just barely. Had so many fun hunts against Chewy and 1husler. It's a shame people would rather hunt with a bare TH field and grind it out. I didnt even get enough TKP to cash out some of the times or secure and i still had fun and was satisfied.

Edited by EpicPiety, 26 December 2015 - 04:08.

#14 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:56

Actually you missed the point this has been happening for at least 3 years and maybe more the Cows not only know about it they have done nothing despite this.

#15 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:20

It will lead to oversupply of epics more quickly than intended AND block out small time hunters by delaying CD on top guilds.

First  off, over supply doesn't exist yet. example Mirkas Abominable Boots at the time of this post 73 in FS I would guess there are at least 400 players at or above level 2000 and more getting close to it.  I know plenty of people still want the boots. So after 2 seasons of Mirkas Abominable Titan we might get up to 120 boots. Second I watched the Mirkas Abominable Titan sit untouched 6610/6610 for a few hours in the afternoon yesterday. It hasent seem to block small time hunters as of yet, its getting cleaned up as I type this. I am pretty sure most of the titan hunting guild are all on cool down by now. The only thing this possibly effects is the profits some can make.

#16 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 December 2015 - 17:41

thanks vamunre for the first actual feedback to this thread.

They are not oversupplied YET is my point. I honestly feel they should be slowly introduced into the game. If they are slowly introduced, then there is demand for them and they don't tank super hard. I guess i'm in the minority with that thinking. 

Either way, they are still worth doing over the almost worthless regular titans, which barely cover potion cost and stamina spent (excluding 1200 and higher titans ... at least for now).

EDIT: doesn't look like the cows are going to give this any attention.

Edited by Windbattle, 27 December 2015 - 19:04.

#17 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 20:38

The idea has merit, but like the idea of having rotating periods of Titans to help bring up the price of them was rejected, I believe this one will follow the same path.

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 December 2015 - 17:57

EDIT: doesn't look like the cows are going to give this any attention.

Do remember that the office is closed and we are on holiday, cheers.

Seasonal Titans shall stay as they are. The loophole to circumvent TKP cooldown on new titans is fixed and will not be possible in future.

Ensuring they get 50% TKP and not a secure is not breaking the rules, nor is it unfair. It is tactical use of Stamina. There is nothing to be fixed there either.

#19 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 December 2015 - 00:30

I'm confused a bit. What loophole was fixed? if nothing is getting changed. doesn't make sense. so your saying earned TKP will be capped at an exchange rate going forward? So you couldn't for instance get over 6K TKP on a seasonal?

Edited by Windbattle, 29 December 2015 - 00:31.

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 00:33

I'm confused a bit. What loophole was fixed? if nothing is getting changed. doesn't make sense. so your saying earned TKP will be capped at an exchange rate going forward? So you couldn't for instance get over 6K TKP on a seasonal?

Where you wouldn't go on CD after gaining over 6k TKP...When the items weren't in the titan tkp page you could hunt and get like 60k tkp and only get 1 CD when they were put on the page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: