• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 DARKELITE1

DARKELITE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 15:13

Epic prices are dropping very very quickly and there is no longer a huge incentive to hunt titans apart from the seasonal ones. So I have a few very rough ideas how we can tackle this, and feedback would be great.

Periodically Remove titans where the value of the dropped items have dropped drastically (such as the Skally, Tith, Kraken) and introduce them periodically  during events

Allow Epics to be fragmented :

This may mean new composing pots being created

Or they dont  necessarily have to be fragment into epic frags but instead relatively large amount of legendary and other type of fragments. This would reduce the number of epics in the game while helping to drive up the price also.

Just my ideas, feedback would be great and other ideas also. :)

Edited by DARKELITE1, 02 January 2016 - 15:14.

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 15:23

I'm more into making the the epics more valuable through using the items with inventing or being able to breakdown/sacrificing them for something else, other than taking certain titans off the fields/rotating..

Epics are mainly used for stamina gain.. How about letting players sacrifice(destory) one epic for a god to gain its stamina gain for a certain period of time (days/weeks/month).. Have to restrict it to one item per period of course..

Edited by RebornJedi, 02 January 2016 - 15:24.

#3 WhoToldYouSo

WhoToldYouSo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 16:58

I'm more into making the the epics more valuable through using the items with inventing or being able to breakdown/sacrificing them for something else, other than taking certain titans off the fields/rotating..

Epics are mainly used for stamina gain.. How about letting players sacrifice(destory) one epic for a god to gain its stamina gain for a certain period of time (days/weeks/month).. Have to restrict it to one item per period of course..

^ I agree

I don't think it will solve much to remove any titans / rotate them, there's still players out there that don't even have 1 of their own epics. Also the main reason the items decrease is because of the better items (stamina gain wise) is added. And as you know we're as humans desiring MOOOOOORE!

I like the idea of using the epics in another way, maybe as in trade for mercernaries, TKP buff packages or even make it a global event ~ when x amount of epics has been sacrificed to the gods you will see a new titan drop in for a few days for just to disappear once again (this titan might drop something else than items, like potions required a low amount of TKPs to make it desirable even to only get 100 kills)

#4 DARKELITE1

DARKELITE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 18:49

I like the idea of using the epics in another way, maybe as in trade for mercernaries, TKP buff packages or even make it a global event ~ when x amount of epics has been sacrificed to the gods you will see a new titan drop in for a few days for just to disappear once again (this titan might drop something else than items, like potions required a low amount of TKPs to make it desirable even to only get 100 kills)

I like this idea

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2016 - 19:10

Bottom line, if hunting them isn't profitable for you, don't hunt 'em - simple economics 101.

There are others that will ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 19:13

Bottom line, if hunting them isn't profitable for you, don't hunt 'em - simple economics 101.

Less people interested in playing a certain aspect of the game, means less activity.. Think creating more incentive and adding more value to current item/s would be better for the game overall..

Edited by RebornJedi, 02 January 2016 - 19:17.

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2016 - 19:18

Less people interested in playing a certain aspect of the game, means less activity.. Think creating more incentive and adding more value to current item/s would be better for the game overall.. Game enjoyment 101

Profiteering 101, more like :)

Maybe once scripting has been eradicated once and for all (if that's even possible) then perhaps let items increase in value A BIT.

But, let's be brutally honest here - the new seasonal titans offer a reward, per stamina spent, FAR in excess of any other game aspect. Why should one facet of the game be so much more lucrative than another ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 DARKELITE1

DARKELITE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 21:07

I rarely hunt titans and im not planning to start heavily. Its overpopulating the game with epics at ridiculously cheap prices so incentive to hunt them drops so activity drops ik a few people that are only staying in the game for titan hunting. I dont think we can afford to lose more people especially when the situation is easily avoidable

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2016 - 21:24

I rarely hunt titans and im not planning to start heavily. Its overpopulating the game with epics at ridiculously cheap prices so incentive to hunt them drops so activity drops ik a few people that are only staying in the game for titan hunting. I dont think we can afford to lose more people especially when the situation is easily avoidable

People SAY they're only staying for this or for that, or that they'll leave if this or that happens.

Guess what ? - MOST of 'em are still here, regardless of changes.

Yes, we're losing some players - this is an OLD game after all - but the issue is more one of keeping NEW players in the game rather than pandering to those already in the game.

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 22:59

*edit NVM CBA

Edited by EpicPiety, 02 January 2016 - 23:02.

#11 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:57

i would still titan hunt also lower level epic are suppose to drop more and more in price, people level, less people to need them. So the supply grows but the demand stays the same. Assuming there is new player to come in to use them otherwise demand drops

Edited by gilby90813, 03 January 2016 - 18:52.

#12 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:18

For me personally it is the medal that I go for when I decide to hunt a titan. I like the new shiny gear and I had rather hunt new gear than buy it. 

#13 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:19

Epic prices are dropping very very quickly and there is no longer a huge incentive to hunt titans apart from the seasonal ones.

I see no detriment to the drop in Epic prices. If "some" decide they are not worthwhile to hunt, then "others" might become more interested in hunting them.

#14 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:35

I now hunt titans and I only have 1 epic to my name that is mine.  I have a slow, (nearly nonexistent now) fsp income and watch the price of epics.  I'm very careful with my dots.

Yes, I would like to own a full set of epics of my very own, but am not in any hurry because I still don't have the base stam to be worthy of a full epic setup.

If epics rotate out I might not get them, please leave them be.

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 13:07

I now hunt titans and I only have 1 epic to my name that is mine.  I have a slow, (nearly nonexistent now) fsp income and watch the price of epics.  I'm very careful with my dots.

Yes, I would like to own a full set of epics of my very own, but am not in any hurry because I still don't have the base stam to be worthy of a full epic setup.

If epics rotate out I might not get them, please leave them be.

Rotations would be a month long... you'd have plenty of time to get each rotation.

#16 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 17:36

I think it's great that some of the epic drops have been devalued. Aside from the Colossus of Gurgriss, what titans with low value epics hang around forever? Once they do hang around for a while, I think changes should be considered but until then, this is the least broken aspect so why fix it?

The reasons I think the devaluation is great:

- makes snobby titan hunters like myself ignore them giving the less snobby more opportunity

- gives folks with slower connections a chance

- gives folks new to titan hunting a chance to give it a go and get addicted to it so they can also become snobby titan hunters

- gives folks with less dots a chance to own a few epics

The negatives?

- Poor merchants can't make as many dots ;)

- Pro titan hunters have to look at smaller profit margins

#17 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 21:38

My trident, was very expensive when I bought it. I could buy 2 maybe 3 for that price now. 

Wish then was now because I might be able to afford a little more now.

Ah well, if wishes were fishes I'm be swimming.  lol

#18 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 23:55

Fuvayus Vortex Stone, current AH price 20 fsp when I bought mine 2300.

#19 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:18

Fuvayus Vortex Stone, current AH price 20 fsp when I bought mine 2300.

1078 in-game now - you prolly bought one of the very early ones in the game ?

#20 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:10

I was thinking about this lately, but I decided to not post about it, but since someone did it, I'll say what I think about it.

The main problem is not about the Titan Hunter profits, or to spread the Epics more, is to make FSPs desirable for the game, so people will need to buy it, capitalism people.

If FSPs are not needed, why would I buy the Special Offer? For sure it give us some shiny potions, but is that enough to make everyone donate? Of course not.

Epics used to be the most expensive part of that game, so people would need to hunt them, play A LOT of other aspects to raise money to buy then (activity, good) or people would need to buy FSP with money (money for HCS, good, they will focus more on the game development).

-

Now there is not a many items that worth that much, some GvG Epics, some few Scavenging sets (60FSPish) and Epic Potions, that's it...Everything else goes for character upgrades, which is good for one point, but not that good for economics.

I saw the sentence "Why would I donate? There is nothing on the game that worth it anymore" more than a single time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: