Photo

Titan Scout Tower Modification Suggestion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Titan Scout Tower Modification Suggestion (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a worthwhile modification ?

1. Yes (5 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. No (7 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Perhaps, if tweaked (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote

#1 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 January 2016 - 20:55

As a very recent convert to Titan Hunting (securing a Nutcracker on my 2nd attempt infected me with the bug), I was wondering if the scout tower could be tweaked (At LEVEL ONE) to indicate which guilds were currently on cooldown.

Now I know this isn't exactly important, but it may encourage more folk to try this activity, if they know that the speediest guilds can't compete against them and that they then actually have a chance of making progress.

On the flip side, I realise that perhaps not hunting against the elite means you won't improve your skills as fast as otherwise, but with all the allegations of scripting, there are certain guild(s) that I would prefer not to waste buffs and potions on, knowing that I've got a snowballs chance in hell of getting anywhere.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#2 hittokiri

hittokiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 22:28

good idea but I think it is better if it is shown under Titan Rewards (http://www.fallenswo...md=titanrewards) if a guild is on cooldown or not

the scout tower is not showing all titans that are available in the game (only the active one and some titans that have kills)

under Titan Rewards all titans in the game are shown and I think it is a better choice displaying the titan cooldown there

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 January 2016 - 22:40

good idea but I think it is better if it is shown under Titan Rewards (http://www.fallenswo...md=titanrewards) if a guild is on cooldown or not

the scout tower is not showing all titans that are available in the game (only the active one and some titans that have kills)

under Titan Rewards all titans in the game are shown and I think it is a better choice displaying the titan cooldown there

That works too ... I'd just like to know which guilds are on cooldown for specific titans :)

In fact, your suggestion is probably the better option of the two..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:20

I understand the reasoning, but am wary about adding this to level one. 

We only have the first level, btw. In our personal case, I never saw a reason for increasing costs to get either two or three. That's just how we roll.

Without thinking at all, I'd suggest another level to the Tower for this. Call it 4...

However, I "get the feeling" it might be implemented into the 2nd or 3rd stage. I'd ask more players from more TH-pro guilds to give their opinion., though that might have some self-interest involved as well. Ie, I'm not really sure that would be "relevant" for the top TH guilds. But their input could be useful. 

Edit: after saying the above... I wonder if placing it in level two would get some to do the second gold-sink upgrade level which might be better for the game.

Edited by Egami, 16 January 2016 - 04:22.

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:23

I understand the reasoning, but am wary about adding this to level one. 

We only have the first level, btw. In our personal case, I never saw a reason for increasing costs to get either two or three. That's just how we roll.

Without thinking at all, I'd suggest another level to the Tower for this. Call it 4...

However, I "get the feeling" it might be implemented into the 2nd or 3rd stage. I'd ask more players from more TH-pro guilds to give their opinion., though that might have some self-interest involved as well. Ie, I'm not really sure that would be "relevant" for the top TH guilds. But their input could be useful. 

Edit: after saying the above... I wonder if placing it in level two would get some to do the second gold-sink upgrade level which might be better for the game.

I've thrown my hat in with the suggestion that HITTOKIRI made - their suggestion is much better than mine.

#6 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:37

I've thrown my hat in with the suggestion that HITTOKIRI made - their suggestion is much better than mine.

Believe it or not, I read it... For me, personally, it's great. 

What I have doubts about is: Should that be "free" info? Or should it be included in Scout Tower 1, 2, 3 or a new 4? Hit's suggestion is much more relevant for placement but doesn't change the ideology. 

My gut feeling is that it's a great idea. Now I'm going to say I was wrong and that top TH guilds shouldn't have a larger say, lol. Heck, I'd rather see them fighting it out with zero knowledge. 

No, more seriously. Pardoux, I really think this is a great idea and I will immediately like it when I post this. 

That said, since I believe it is so worthwhile, I'd like to see it coupled with cost. I think in terms of gold sink and I think it's yet another great opportunity for HCS to introduce a gold-sink that the game applauds. Not an easy task.

So, that said, it could be "added" to Scout Tower 2 or 3... that would get us happy with the simple level 1 to upgrade, perhaps, without additional gold-sink cost to those that have gone that far. Or, it could be an additional benefit to "Scout Tower 4"... which "might" then increase gold-sink costs all around.

Please note: I'm not arguing for any of these suggestions. Just "thinking". 

#7 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:16

let there be some mystery on the game..
and well.. it might be something like "private data" of each guild not wanting others to know what the current
status of their titan hunting abilities are...
or if really want this to be implent it,
i think it should be a 4th upgrade on the titan scout, with a big hourly cost...
covering the cost of "scouts" to monitor other guild's activities..

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:57

let there be some mystery on the game..
and well.. it might be something like "private data" of each guild not wanting others to know what the current
status of their titan hunting abilities are...
or if really want this to be implent it,
i think it should be a 4th upgrade on the titan scout, with a big hourly cost...
covering the cost of "scouts" to monitor other guild's activities..

A FOURTH upgrade ? - sheesh, even Level 2 is expensive.

Besides, it shouldn't go on the scout tower now, it should go on the titan rewards page ..

#9 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:55

I don't really like that idea, of course that would benefit me since I usually hunt a lot of Titans, but would kill some of the mistery about it...I'm not sure.

But PLEASE HCS add more information on the Scout Tower by keeping the TKP Bonus we receive on each Titan, and also, expand for 10+ Titans, during Titan Events, if the Titan Leader leave the game for 24 hrs we lost the information completely, keeping only 10 is way too low.

Also, just saying, I think it's time to separate the Titan Rewards in two tabs, 'Normal' and 'Seasonal', the page is getting huge.

#10 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 16:19

really good suggestion..i like..would be nice to know when us smaller guilds have a chance at getting some tkps at the very least..

#11 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 22:01

How about NO, you can find out when you get there, nothing forces you to drinks your potions or cast buffs. what ever happened to having a challenge and racing is definitely a challenge !

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 22:32

YES JUST YES lets encourage anti-TH competition and make TH'ing risk free! Give my guild free secures by making people scared to pot up and hunt when a titan spawns if were not on CD :).

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2016 - 22:42

On the other hand, it would likely encourage more competition on the titans you can't hunt. Because people won't be put off by your guilds utter domination.

So yeah, probably be really good for your guild ((albeit likely make it more boring) but people would also more likely be willing to pot up and hunt more titans if they know the ubers aren't going to storm it.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2016 - 22:44

On the other hand, it would likely encourage more competition on the titans you can't hunt. Because people won't be put off by your guilds utter domination.

So yeah, probably be really good for your guild ((albeit likely make it more boring) but people would also more likely be willing to pot up and hunt more titans if they know the ubers aren't going to storm it.

and that, is the whole point of the suggestion :)

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 23:28

I don't see any utter domination anywhere...we squeek by often

#16 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2016 - 23:41

Come on...

That being said... If this were true then surely you'd welcome this change. As you said, it'd lead to easier secures for your guild?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 00:37

Come on...

That being said... If this were true then surely you'd welcome this change. As you said, it'd lead to easier secures for your guild?

Me and my mates don't really only hunt for profit... we hunt for fun :) IE we want people hunting against us so no...I don't want handouts...

#18 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:15

That goes against almost everything you've ever said to me in the forum and on chat, and I think I've ever seen you write anywhere.

Perhaps you've had a change of heart of late, who am I to say. I certainly don't want to derail Pard's thread any more than I already have so I'll leave it as that.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:58

That goes against almost everything you've ever said to me in the forum and on chat, and I think I've ever seen you write anywhere.

Perhaps you've had a change of heart of late, who am I to say. I certainly don't want to derail Pard's thread any more than I already have so I'll leave it as that.

TH turned into a not for profit activity...unless its seasonals. When i do hunt its for entertainment...Hence you never see me hunting.

#20 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:21

HCS - Please lock or, ideally, delete this thread - posted elsewhere with a different, much better idea from another player.

New thread :- https://forums.hunte...titan-cooldown/

Edited by Pardoux, 17 January 2016 - 05:22.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: