Photo

Official Suggestion : PvP Improvements (rev. 8)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
478 replies to this topic

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:32

Hi all,

Many thanks to all players who gave feedback on the previous revision. Please take a look at the suggestions below and let us know what you like/dislike. If you don't like something, please let us know why.

[*:z8483qmf]PvP Rating starts at 0 when the PvP Ladder resets.

[*:z8483qmf]Remove the need for the PvP Ladder opt-in/out by reducing the xp loss by 75% when a player has 0 PvP Rating. (This does not apply to bounty attacks.)

[*:z8483qmf]PvP Rating can only be gained once per ladder reset from a player who has a PvP Rating of 0. (This prevents players not wanting to participate from being hit hourly for PvP Rating).

[*:z8483qmf]You can only gain PvP Rating from a maximum of 5 players with 0 PvP Rating after each ladder reset.

[*:z8483qmf]If you are defeated in combat while attacking, you will lose 50% of the equivalent PvP Rating you would have gained if you won the combat. Note that your PvP Rating can never be reduced below 0. Note also you can only gain PvP Rating when initiating combat.

[*:z8483qmf]If you are defeated in combat while defending, you lose 1 PvP Rating (You cannot drop below 0 PvP Rating).

[*:z8483qmf]Reduce the cost of the Protect XP upgrade (XP Lock). If you initiate any PvP attack, XP Lock will not work in PvP until the next ladder reset.

[*:z8483qmf]Remove the PvP Protection upgrades. (With the exception of it being automatically applied to new players. We feel with the 75% reduction to xp loss for 0 PvP Rating and also the reduction in cost for the Protect XP upgrade these upgrades are no longer required.)

[*:z8483qmf]PvP Rating can only be gained from a player who has been active in the last 48 hours.

[*:z8483qmf]Players can only attack other players within +/-10 of their virtual level, unless they have a PvP Rating greater than 0 and are within the top 10 of their PvP Band - they can then attack any of the other top 10 players in their band.

[*:z8483qmf]PvP Rating is gained with the following formula outwith the bounty board:
PvP Rating Gain = floor(Stamina Used * 0.5) + (floor(Stamina Used * 0.5) * (Opponent PvP Rating / MIN(1, Your PvP Rating))
The PvP Rating Gain is then capped by the amount of stamina used.

[*:z8483qmf]PvP Rating is gained with the following formula when completing bounties:
PvP Rating Gain = floor(Stamina Used * 0.1) * (Opponent Level / Your Level) + (10 * (Wins / (Wins + Loses)))

[*:z8483qmf]Change the Gloat/Honor skill to take/protect more gold.

[*:z8483qmf]Addition of new bound potions for PvP rewards.

[*:z8483qmf]Change Bounty Tickets so they are purchased with gold instead of Fallen Sword Points. (If this change goes ahead, your current Bounty Tickets will be converted back into Fallen Sword Points).
An in-game poll will be available shortly for this latest revision :)

#2 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:36

Just a thought..what about if you hit someone with 0 rating..they lose 1..so its -1. They can go no lower then -5. meaning someone who doesnt pvp can only award rating to someone 5 times?

Resets to 0 each ladder. This would help determine who has been hit for rating, and who hasnt.

#3 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:37

[*]PvP Rating can only be gained once per ladder reset from a player who has a PvP Rating of 0. (This prevents players not wanting to participate from being hit hourly for PvP Rating).

so a person can only be hit and give rating 1 time per reset, or can all 10 players say playing a ladder all hit this same person 1X each to gain rating?

#4 DemonGate

DemonGate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:38

Why should I (As a player who does not PvP, nor care about it) why should i lose EXP and also have to repair my items??

Fair enough that PvP is part of the game, but me not being part of it, I should not have to suffer, just because I dont play that part of the game.

or is it just another gold sink?

I posted this in the other thread, but it fell on deaf ears(fast moving chat!)

#5 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:39

[*]PvP Rating can only be gained once per ladder reset from a player who has a PvP Rating of 0. (This prevents players not wanting to participate from being hit hourly for PvP Rating).

so a person can only be hit and give rating 1 time per reset, or can all 10 players say playing a ladder all hit this same person 1X each to gain rating?

All 10 players could theoretically hit the same person to get rating. Remember however if the player has 0 PvP Rating they will only have 25% of the normal xp loss.

#6 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

I think you have finally swayed me... I still won't participate in PvP, but at least I won't get farmed like crazy as in days past.

#7 lawyergod

lawyergod

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

[Re-posting from the Revision 7 thread.] I think there should be some sort of indication in a player's profile if they have a 0 rating, and have already been hit for rating. That would protect the non-PvP-ers from being hit excessively, and also prevent PvP-ers from accidentally wasting stamina on targets from whom they can't take rating.

#8 aryann

aryann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:40

so now no bounty for each attack....i have to agree with bleltch on this why should someone not participating be attack so others can gain their rewards...without the bounty on each attack im gonna vote a big NO

#9 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:41

Just a thought..what about if you hit someone with 0 rating..they lose 1..so its -1. They can go no lower then -5. meaning someone who doesnt pvp can only award rating to someone 5 times?

Resets to 0 each ladder. This would help determine who has been hit for rating, and who hasnt.

That might work quite well - it would prevent one player with a 0 PvP Rating from getting hit over and over again by a multitude of players for PvP Rating.

#10 abhorrence

abhorrence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

One time per person or one time from anyone?
Example: Player A hits 0 rated player B
Can player C also hit 0 rated player B for rating?

[*]PvP Rating is gained with the following formula when completing bounties:

PvP Rating Gain = floor(Stamina Used * 0.1) * (Opponent Level / Your Level) + (10 * (Wins / (Wins + Loses)))

This means only the person completing the bounty gains rating yes?

#11 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

so now no bounty for each attack....i have to agree with bleltch on this why should someone not participating be attack so others can gain their rewards...without the bounty on each attack im gonna vote a big NO

As I said in the previous revision, the bounty board should to be a separate discussion.

#12 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:42

[*]Remove the need for the PvP Ladder opt-in/out by reducing the xp loss by 75% when a player has 0 PvP Rating. (This does not apply to bounty attacks.)

I think you need to keep the opt-in. Let the players that want to play the ladder play with each other. There's no need to drag the whole game into getting hit for a few players to get their rewards. They can beat up on each other all they want. Wouldn't that be more of a challenge anyway?

#13 aryann

aryann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:42

and as i said a big NO for me

#14 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:43

All 10 players could theoretically hit the same person to get rating. Remember however if the player has 0 PvP Rating they will only have 25% of the normal xp loss.

ok, now what if i didn;t care about the ladder and i wanted to cause mass hate and discontent, does that mean i cannot hit players for maximum damage who are not ranked above 0 ?

#15 DemonGate

DemonGate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

[*]Remove the need for the PvP Ladder opt-in/out by reducing the xp loss by 75% when a player has 0 PvP Rating. (This does not apply to bounty attacks.)

I think you need to keep the opt-in. Let the players that want to play the ladder play with each other. There's no need to drag the whole game into getting hit for a few players to get their rewards. They can beat up on each other all they want. Wouldn't that be more of a challenge anyway?

I dont mind being hit for PvP, but I DO mind having to repair and also loosing XP

#16 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

One time per person or one time from anyone?
Example: Player A hits 0 rated player B
Can player C also hit 0 rated player B for rating?

Yes.

[*]PvP Rating is gained with the following formula when completing bounties:

This means only the person completing the bounty gains rating yes?

Yes.

#17 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:44

That might work quite well - it would prevent one player with a 0 PvP Rating from getting hit over and over again by a multitude of players for PvP Rating.

Yep :wink:

IE: 20 players cant hit them 1 time for rating. 20 could techinically still swing.. but only 5 of em will get a score of rating. Then that player is unable to reward rating anymore. They can still be gold hit..etc. and can still bounty anyone who smacks em.

#18 fs_amonkfish

fs_amonkfish
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:44

Hoof - will there be new gear as well? Or only potions? What's the rationale behind making them bound?

#19 vegasmark

vegasmark

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:45

Someone who DOESNT PVP can AWARD rating .........

All I can say is that I dabble in PvP and I have spoken with several players who will no longer play if the PvP protection upgrade is removed ...... how many player can we AFFORD to lose so those that DONT PvP can award those that do???? :shock:

#20 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:46

is where i was leading to, but mae haxored my brain, i was thinking...... once hit a player drops to -1 at that point no pvp gained, but that player can then be hit for 100% XP loss.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: