Fully Loyal on the Prowl!!!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ss_nutkar97

ss_nutkar97
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:47

The 'Altus Colossus (Behemoth)' behemoth has been defeated!

The faction 'Fully Loyal' was determined the overall victor in the struggle against the behemoth and received the item 'Sanctuary Colossus Core'

Whoop!!!!

#2 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:51

nice

#3 ss_nutkar97

ss_nutkar97
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:56

As i believe i commented on in another post, this goes to show that all it takes to break a win streak is co-ordination, teamwork, a smidging of timing so that we are online to co-ordinate our efforts, and a bit of luck so we all have energy.

Non of this "no-one can beat SStars, so whats the point" crap.

Though i do have to point out how they seemed to back off as soon as they saw the competition, rather than revel in it as they have led us to believe...

#4 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:12

As i believe i commented on in another post, this goes to show that all it takes to break a win streak is co-ordination, teamwork, a smidging of timing so that we are online to co-ordinate our efforts, and a bit of luck so we all have energy.

Though i do have to point out how they seemed to back off as soon as they saw the competition, rather than revel in it as they have led us to believe...

Not that it needs to be rehashed here and smear your own success, but I don't think it has ever been said that the stars can't be beat. What has been said is that the vast majority of this game would never have a chance to beat a team which focuses on behemoth hunting. All the other points in those other threads are better left there lest you turn your accomplishment into a battleground.

Again...

Nice Job

#5 ss_reynk

ss_reynk
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:13

In all fairness, Acidic, we do not focus on Behemoth hunting at Fully Loyal. This was our first serious attempt at getting the Altus and we have a very limited number of players for that level. What we do have is a good team that is able to work as a whole. While not able to hunt myself, I kept them going, buffed where needed and aided in coordinating the effort. This is one of our strong points, everyone is willing to pitch in.

Most of our daily efforts go to rise in the rankings as much as we can, which has led us up to 22nd. About a month or two ago we were in 36th place. Now we're about to break the 100 million xp barrier. Any faction should be able to do this with teamwork, but is this not what a faction should be? Knowing that you're going up against one or more top 10 factions in advance and still being able to pull it off is also a drive for us. We're doing well as a faction and we take some pride in that. Wouldn't you? :)

Plus we have fun, a lot of it in fact, while doing a hunt like this. I seriously think that concerted efforts like these brings a faction closer together. We joke about a lot of things while killing it, occasionally make fun of each other, but each member is ready to aid another when it comes down to it. This is the main reason for sticking with Fully Loyal since I started, the damn good atmosphere we have in our group.

We are FULLY LOYAL, resistance is futile. ;)

#6 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:32

I can't believe this thread, I compliment you guys - trying to acknowledge the accomplishment, and you come after me still. I mean, really?

As for not hunting behemoth, come on??? I have seen Korovo at every single behemoth map I have ever checked out. In the other thread mentioned you guys were recognized as one of the most viable candidates in a behemoth hunt. This may have been your biggest effort, but it was hardly a first serious attempt. You guys did good. That is all I was trying to say. What else do you want me to say, I am glad you worked out a good teamwork system and won a behemoth which the stars did not seriously compete in?

As for "any faction being able to do this". Not true and you know it. The more you guys respond and the more I look at the numbers the more it seems this win was more of an attempt to prove a point..... This was my first thought when I say the numbers posted too, I just had bit my lip and tried to let you guys bask in it. You guys seem to forget that a lot people connect through dial up and play this game because of its accessibility to rural players. For many player the thought of a behemoth is out of reach. This is why they only remain a sideline part of the game. It would be a failure of the game development to see such a part of the game integrated in any comprehensive way. Hunt your behemoth if you want, if the prize is worth it, you'll get competition there, but stop spinning this line that the game should evolve around it and that all can participate and win. Your not doing anyone a service with that.

Sorry for the references to topics outside this thread, but it seems clear that you wanted the thread to go that direction.

You should have just taken the compliment gracefully like most people do.

#7 ss_reynk

ss_reynk
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:42

Oh, I do appreciate the compliment, rest assured and thanks for that, Acidic. :)

Seriously though... Dial up? In this day and age? :shock:

I don't know. I read we were considered as one of the top behemoth hunting factions, but maybe I have a hard time to accept that. I know we're pretty good at it, as that has been proven. I am just saying that I disagree with it being our focus. That was the reason of my post.

#8 ss_korovo

ss_korovo
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2010 - 14:00

nice

Thanks!

#9 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 14:09

Oh, I do appreciate the compliment, rest assured and thanks for that, Acidic. :)

Seriously though... Dial up? In this day and age? :shock:

I don't know. I read we were considered as one of the top behemoth hunting factions, but maybe I have a hard time to accept that. I know we're pretty good at it, as that has been proven. I am just saying that I disagree with it being our focus. That was the reason of my post.

I know of people in my own faction who connect via dial-up. I know at least 3 others as well.

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 January 2010 - 14:26

Gratz Boys and Girls of Fully Loyal. More Factions need to get out there and take the fight to the Behemoth!

#11 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 16:07

:lol: I am sorry I did not put up much of a fight...unlucky for me I was the only player from my faction who was online of high enough lvl to get to Altus at the time, apart from Topsy, and he did help for 15-20 mins with all of his 175 energy.
I was actually there for almost 2 hours on my own from my guild just having some fun snatching the odd kill here and there, but eventually I did back off, as I had a warm bed waiting for me.

I congratulate you in your win though, and it was fully deserved, as it happens it was not the stars that were your competition this time. Red Cell was doing most of the other kills, and I was really pleased to see both of your teams on there.
even if it meant I was not given much of a chance :)

#12 purebreed

purebreed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 16:39

Thank you for ur supportive comments acidic and supermum. All of us at Fully Loyal are very proud of our achievement.

I actuly don't think the prize is worth the effort but the team work, enjoyment, faction morale and pride we get when taking out a behemoth is priceless. I'm very pleased I was high enough level to take part in the hunt.

#13 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:44

I actuly don't think the prize is worth the effort but the team work, enjoyment, faction morale and pride we get when taking out a behemoth is priceless. I'm very pleased I was high enough level to take part in the hunt.

Congrats!

This is what most people have been saying, alas to no avail... faction morale and pride doesn't continue as a motivation forever. The prize surely isn't a great motivator.

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:37

The prize is 50 levels above its level. It is definitely worth it. Most of, if not all, the players saying otherwise want it to be as insane as Sword. That is not going to happen. We are trying to maintain balance.

#15 bengiz786

bengiz786

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:46

lol no the new Metamere weapon is great!....and thank for the behemoth...the helm 160 behemoth is what yh its good but i expected to have been able to keep the artifact with like 8-10 people wearing the helm...you said about balance :roll: but the attack is too strong for defence atm....

#16 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:25

The prize is 50 levels above its level. It is definitely worth it. Most of, if not all, the players saying otherwise want it to be as insane as Sword. That is not going to happen. We are trying to maintain balance.

When you say it is 50 levels above what it should be, what exactly do you mean? Stats are reasonably higher, yes. But only the helm has Assassin and that is a so-so helm for leveling. Good for defense of Artifacts. Not that it doesn't help but attack still heavily dwarfs defense in the game. The next best helm is Shamans Calcified Skullcap, only level 127! It is nearly as good for defense. Not only do you need to win a behemoth drop, but you need to have the Altus helm made in the right class for your character AND it requires over 110 points to use it. It's not that great imo when defense AND armor are the two main stats. That's why nobody's worried about getting one. lol

#17 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:50

Congrats Fully Loyal!

This shows what good teamwork does for the hunt - we lacked the numbers to compete this time and rightfully got beaten.

Hopefully this trend continues and the fights become more competitive :)

#18 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:00

I don't mind the "legendary" being "legendary" not "epic" :D and as such, it won't be overpowered. (and it has been priced more reasonably, as we don't see the crazy prices that we see in FS with the epic items) it is all good in my point of view, but it does make behemoth hunt less desirable.

wurm is gone for the year, so don't have to worry, but IMHO, the weapon was only really good for purist. for soldier with class buffs, my lvl 195 weapon does almost as much dmg, and frankly if you have access to HK sets, it really is not a big deal to have. (and it is rarer than HK set) it is the best weapon for "clone" but "clone" is not a class. make sense for purist though. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: