Photo

Official Suggestion: Auction House Change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Good idea? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Good idea?

1. Yes (13 votes [22.81%])

Percentage of vote: 22.81%

2. No (44 votes [77.19%])

Percentage of vote: 77.19%

Vote

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2007 - 17:50

Hi all,

We're considering changing it so you can't create additional auctions while you have items remaining in your Item Mailbox. This will prevent most of the abuse of the auction house...

- hoof

#2 fs_ananasii

fs_ananasii
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 18:21

I like the idea, my only concern is sometimes I'm left with a backpack full of expensive items when one of my auctions ends, and I occassionally have to setup a new auction just so I can take an item out of my mailbox.

Beofre anyone suggests it, there are times when I cant ask another guild member because none are online and cant use the guild storage becuase it's full, so my only option is to throw away something, or trust in a stranger.

I also cant see this be particularly effective at stopping people using the AH as extra storage, because all they'd do is take the item out of mail box, and relist it, just like they're doing now....

Hmmmm, on second thoughts, can we list one of those "Yes" votes as a "no", as I voted before really thinking about it too much.

#3 fs_treeline

fs_treeline
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 18:59

I don't like the idea. Inventory management is very difficult in this game and I think this would make a hard problem into an impossible problem

#4 fs_saintchris

fs_saintchris
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 20:29

i like doc's idea

#5 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2007 - 20:39

Maybe there should be an upkeep on the mailbox then?

#6 fs_davidjames

fs_davidjames
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 21:50

i don't think that will stop people from using the auction house for inventory. ithink the best way to stop ppl using the auction house as inventory is to change the fsp cost of the BP slots and auction house both to 20 fsp

#7 BSPollux

BSPollux

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 21:58

yep for 20 fsp id buy bp slots. 50 is just too much

#8 fs_geoff

fs_geoff
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 22:50

right now i have 3 items in my mailbox... i dont want them, i cant sell them, and i dont have any space to take them and destroy.
this happens all the time for me, so i just leave them there to be cleared out after the time.
but while im leaving them there, im always creating new auctions...

by implementing this, youd stop ppl using it for extra space (not really good, but not really effecting others too badly...) but you would ALSO affect the tens of thousands of other users who probably face the same situation as me.

#9 fs_geoff

fs_geoff
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 22:51

Well if it cost to place an auction then we'd see a reduction in missuse.

if it cost us to make auctions, low lvl items would cost more to auction off than the person would get.
as a result, low lvls wouldnt be able to get the items they need easily

#10 fs_b3nito

fs_b3nito
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 23:19

I dont like th idea .. There should be an item bank

#11 fs_saintchris

fs_saintchris
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 23:21

Maybe there should be an upkeep on the mailbox then?

no cause thatll stink when your not on and if u buy tons of items at once and dont withdraw for an hr rfering to attack of the pickaxes

#12 fs_ananasii

fs_ananasii
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:39

I dont like th idea .. There should be an item bank

Already been though of and implimented:- http://forum.fallens...pic.php?t=10030

Hoofmaster and co, please dont kill my business.

#13 fs_treeline

fs_treeline
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 14:36

What about an option to not pick up items?

#14 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 27 January 2007 - 15:15

I don't like the idea. Inventory management is very difficult in this game and I think this would make a hard problem into an impossible problem

I agree and NO for me too.

https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif

[image]https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif[/image]

I'm also known as @UnoWild

The Wicked Players

#15 Strykes

Strykes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:58

How would you base a % on FSP sales? :)

#16 fs_shylesson

fs_shylesson
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:05

I think if this were implemented, we need to add more backpack slots and/or make the auctions able to be set up on hours (ie. 12, 13, 14 etc) so you can taper the auctions because the ratio of backpack slots to auction slots is waaaaaaay skewed. So while I could have 100 auction slots and only 17 baggie slots, if I chose to sell 100 items at once (a stretch, but hey, ya have the option) and still have items in my baggie, I will be one focked person come collection time. And it will not have been because I tried to abuse the system, it would be merely because I could not upgrade my baggie slots.

#17 fs_ducimus

fs_ducimus
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:06

Why not create a stash for items being sent to AH for auction or being recieved from the AH either from an unsuccessful sale or a purchased item.

This stash could then be used more than 3 ways, which would require upkeep from the individual per item in the stash per lvl of stash ( upgraded in use points page )

Cost of the stash at level 1 would be 50 gold per item per hour and would have 3 spots available to use so 150 gold an hour for a full stash at level 1.

The Upgrades should be double the cost of Inventory Back Pack upgrade to avoid abuse of this and encourage people to invest in the back pack slots more than the stash ( for now )

#18 fs_geoff

fs_geoff
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:34

i agree with ducimus

#19 fs_spookyimp

fs_spookyimp
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2007 - 20:20

I agree and NO for me too.

WEll ,the thing is costing for an auntion would hurt the lower levels. Mianly the ones that just started the game. Doing what you sasy hoof would make the problem even worse. Not really solve the problem. Just cuz more chaos then you want to deal with. I either like the idea of making an extra slot in the backpack or make item banbk i think i heard this idea some time before. Just dont remember when or were. That would solve a lot of problems with the auction house bieing mised used. plus it would help the lower levels cuz they wouldnt have spend gold on an item that is jsut worht so little. maybe instead costing you every hour make like 500 gold a day. that owuld help a lot of people and the people in the higher levels could afford it. maybe way to upgrade in the upgrade section. that way if 500 gold a day. then the lower levels could afford as well.

#20 fs_gerbilman

fs_gerbilman
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:51

what about an option where u can destroy items in your mailbox?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: