Photo

Development Update January 2015!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#1 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2015 - 16:07

Balaur%20Forum%20Banner.jpg

Hey all,

As the snow settles with the departure of Icicle's End, I thought this would be a perfect time for an update with some of the exciting new content and feature's your going to be seeing soon in Eldevin.

We're working hard to get the next batch of content ready, based on the development schedule we were moving towards last year we're planning to release the next area and increase the level cap to 47. We want to release content more frequently and as such we're working to open up the 'Fields of Darrowvale' and some new story content as well as new crafting recipies. We're also looking at greatly improving our open-world PvP zone by adding a second island that significantly larger than Trapper's Atoll.

Mail boxes will be coming to all towns in 2015, as will be the ability for players to send each other items and currency, the mail system will function across all servers. We're also aware that Guilds are a highly requested community feature, and with the cross server functionality we've been developing we're working to implement these too! We're also going to have a nameplates system that will let you change the names of items or pets. Eldevin will also be available on an increased number of prominent gaming portals.

There are many more things on the todo list, such as crafting improvements, adding the account panel rewards, special events, dungeons and more!

We love hearing all your different suggestions and we appreciate all your support as Eldevin continues on its journey!

~The Eldevin Team

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#2 Riftblade

Riftblade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 18:29

Awesome!

Thanks for the update.

While I have only just started playing a month ago, I'm really looking forward to where the game can head. Keep up the good work!

#3 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 18:36

nice :)

#4 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2015 - 18:41

level cap to 47 - Sad -.- As new gathering any thing usefull to do in crafting list is lvl 48. Pointless to lvl's before any thing usefull.

rethink about the lvl 47 make it lvl 48.

2 lvl not going imporve game or make many us lvl 45's bord out of are mind's lvl up 2 lvl's for nothing usefull. ingenral mean's.

Mail boxes will be coming to all towns in 2015, as will be the ability for players to send each other items and currency, the mail system will function across all servers.

with this can greatlyimporve on loot sys, Of PL - Troll - WB - Each play has helped kill can get reward some thing look into vs curnt sys of loot.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 09 January 2015 - 18:44.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#5 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2015 - 18:51

Let me max all profs first please :P

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#6 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2015 - 19:02

we're planning to release the next area and increase the level cap to 47.

47? OCD Eldevinians are not happy. :P

#7 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2015 - 19:04

4 hr's of injoyment then completed bord um. Or less

Far better imorve the crafting list, Improve the Troll - Improve PL - Improve PvP mean's more map so forth.

Far better thing do Imporve ToC - arean - so forth.

Before think of added merger to 2 lvl's - Might get some the basic function game up and working  right.

As 2 lvl's not going change any thing to curnted populatin mean if any thing lower popluation then improve it.

We're also looking at greatly improving our open-world PvP zone by adding a second island that significantly larger than Trapper's Atoll.

Help some what, Not what is trully needed more arean Q - pvp map's

Edited by redsmokeboy, 10 January 2015 - 21:56.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#8 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2015 - 19:12

Thanks for the post! :)

Looking forward to these updates and improvements! Mailboxes sounds like a neat thing. However changing name of items... hmm wonder how that will work.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#9 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2015 - 19:12

I think its better to have it at 47. This way people cant stack up for new gear on 50 release.

Great work guys!

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#10 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 19:39

Happy there's an update announcement.  And those things all sound good.  Kinda disappointed auction house or some kind of shop is not on the list though, especially with more people playing from the Steam release.  But with the cross server functionality, can't help but think that the ah/shop system might also be closer to being developed, as with the guilds.

If ah/shops are not a priority, I can live with the chat trading system, but would really like an upgrade to the system.  Seperate trade channels, more customizable private chat channels, customizable text to make stuff easier to read (scrolling through everyone using the same font and color is just dizzying, especially if many are talking at the same time), and linking of items in chat.  

Will the nameplates system also work on our characters themselves?  Like I mean, a title system, based on achievements unlocked.  Like for example, "Player Betrayer" Ben, or something.  

Edited by Alteration, 09 January 2015 - 19:44.

#11 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 19:48

looking forward to all the new stuff.

though new pvp place doesn't really apply to me (not a pvp player)  I hope it will make the pvp'rs happier to have a new place to have fun.

I do hope that zone does not include any pve aspect like quests there so that pve players forced to go there to complete any story content or other quests. 

other then that whatever content there is for the Island obviously would contain rewards for those that do enter.

thought cap was raising to 50 but since I am not an ocd leveler in this game I'm happy that first there is an increase to 47 and I have plenty of quests yet to be done so with the addition of more I'm sure I"ll have plenty to keep me occupied either way.

mail boxes- sound interesting.

guilds- already excepted those coming before auction house, still hope to hear news on AH over this year, keeps fingers crossed.

being able to name our pets, fun :lol:, kind of hope you make the feature so when we name them we can change the name as we like but either way a fun feature.

no idea what naming other items means tbh?  -what items would one even attach their own name of choice too and why ?

maybe our mounts? lol IDK.

thanks CowDevs for the updates and the future new content/features.  :)

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#12 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2015 - 19:55

Will the nameplates system also work on our characters themselves?  Like I mean, a title system, based on achievements unlocked.  Like for example, "Player Betrayer" Ben, or something.  

This

The world is cruel...as will I....

#13 Cromwell

Cromwell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 20:10

I love the idea of the mailboxes. Will make market and trade alot easier when you can't catch someone during their normal timezones. 

And the nameplates sounds like an excellent idea as well. Hopefully if there is a price for it it will be in gold and not require some exuberant amount of EP, like 250. 

All the other new stuff is awesome as well. Thanks for the hard work HCS, looks like a good start to the year.

#14 Ben

Ben

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2015 - 20:13

Let me highlight something here just so that it is perfectly clear before it is released...

"We're also looking at greatly improving our open-world PvP zone by adding a second island that significantly larger than Trapper's Atoll."

"open-world PvP zone"

"PvP"

Note that it does not say "open-world lets sit around a campfire and have a sing song zone". It will be a brutal and chaotic area not intended for the faint of heart.

You have no excuse.

#15 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2015 - 20:27

looking forward to this update, shame that some peeps just aren't satisfied to have regular content updates, if they're bored go do things, plenty to do in game for me even though i have maxed all professions and 3 alts at cap, still, there's gonna be moaners no matter what the devs do, keep up the good work HCS :)

PS: PLEASE READ BEN'S POST AND PAY ATTENTION ALL YOU GATHERERS :P

Edited by Kezza, 09 January 2015 - 20:29.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#16 Luke Hardy

Luke Hardy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 22:53

Brilliant although.... I want a    Frozen Reindeer :-(

• Post Beta player for over 2 years - those were the days.
  • Back casually after over a year away.

Misfit - Proph/Mage - DPS PvE DNG Build

#17 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2015 - 23:18

is this new content goin to require us to get a full group to run through realms like we had to in Taranuka and Sirinax void? (haven't finished in the void) because honestly i usually like to quest alone, i see grouping is best for dungeons not in open realms

cool a new PvP island should be fun.. :)

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#18 Rolantis

Rolantis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:48

I like that new content is going to be added.  Still looking forward to guilds being implemented.  I think the mailbox is a good idea aswell.  Would be nice if we can leave offline messages to friends in their mailbox.  Not sure if this is a feature for it or not.

I think the giving the vanity pet nameplates is a great idea.  Though I think it still kinda useless to have out all the time.  Both of the ideas I posted below would bring some usefulness to the vanity pet and would make it more appealing.

Examples

• Possible having a system where each vanity pet gives you a 2-5% stat boost due to the rarity of the vanity pet. This would bring more appeal to the vanity pets and also this would boost the trade value for them.  Also, it would be good to have some type of quest to have a starter pet for new players so they can understand what they can do.
  • Another idea would be to add a backpack slot to the vanity pet.  You insert a backpack into the slot and the vanity pet will loot the items that drop. The content you retrieved will be in the vanity pet backpack.  Also, give them possibly a 5ft. distance so they wont be looting things to far away from you.

Edited by Rolantis, 10 January 2015 - 03:51.

#19 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:54

is this new content goin to require us to get a full group to run through realms like we had to in Taranuka and Sirinax void? (haven't finished in the void) because honestly i usually like to quest alone, i see grouping is best for dungeons not in open realms

cool a new PvP island should be fun.. :)

I solo-ed Taranuka completely without dying, except intentionally once for the achieve... I think it was a nice challenge/change of pace compared to normal questing areas.

Haven't done Sirunax as I'm saving it for increased level cap, but I'm looking forward to it :P

#20 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:05

I like that new content is going to be added.  Still looking forward to guilds being implemented.  I think the mailbox is a good idea aswell.  Would be nice if we can leave offline messages to friends in their mailbox.  Not sure if this is a feature for it or not.

I think the giving the vanity pet nameplates is a great idea.  Though I think it still kinda useless to have out all the time.  Both of the ideas I posted below would bring some usefulness to the vanity pet and would make it more appealing.

Examples

• Possible having a system where each vanity pet gives you a 2-5% stat boost due to the rarity of the vanity pet. This would bring more appeal to the vanity pets and also this would boost the trade value for them.  Also, it would be good to have some type of quest to have a starter pet for new players so they can understand what they can do.
  • Another idea would be to add a backpack slot to the vanity pet.  You insert a backpack into the slot and the vanity pet will loot the items that drop. The content you retrieved will be in the vanity pet backpack.  Also, give them possibly a 5ft. distance so they wont be looting things to far away from you.

i dont like stat boosts on anything other than gear :x the backpack idea is cool, though

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: