#1 babydollz

babydollz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:12

group dungeons killed this game for me.

and i feel violated.

learn all those crafts and stuff, do tons of tutorial quest (cuz i just have to do all quests) and then right off the bat a dungeon tells me i need group?

that prison one... yeah, i ignored that, came later, soloed it.

then, there was another in city??

geez... please i said. don't do this to me.

and then another at the barren trail just when i'm outta quests?

you go code all that stuff, make a game, really nice website but can't see how freaking stupid is this?

Edited by babydollz, 13 May 2014 - 08:13.

#2 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:14

group dungeons killed this game for me.

and i feel violated.

learn all those crafts and stuff, do tons of tutorial quest (cuz i just have to do all quests) and then right off the bat a dungeon tells me i need group?

that prison one... yeah, i ignored that, came later, soloed it.

then, there was another in city??

geez... please i said. don't do this to me.

and then another at the barren trail just when i'm outta quests?

you go code all that stuff, make a game, really nice website but can't see how freaking stupid is this?

You dont HAVE  to do any of the instances at all. The gear from the relics isnt needed to level either.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#3 babydollz

babydollz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:27

" I " have to do it. i hate leaving things unfinished.

i am pretty much sure, while there are tons of other mmos around, other people who bumped into those group instances will also quit. if not at prison, then at city, if not at city, then at barrens and if not at barrens next one.

low population games shouldn't force players into group dungeons. there should be a solo mode just to do quests at least.

i mean, if those instances were near-end game instances i would understand the group thing. but i started playing yesterday and game forced me into groups 3 times already?

imma low level. just let me play dont block me. thats what i felt and it's not good.

#4 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:46

Hi there. First of all I just wanted to let you know that a changed the title of your thread as we don't allow quitting/leaving threads.

Secondly I wanted to tackle your feedback. Generally speaking, the group content is that the end of a line of quests. (There are a few exceptions I can think of, and I know we're looking at them). This is specifically for the people who don't want to group up. We can't not offer group content, with this being an MMO it's kind of our bread and butter. If you don't want to do it, there's nothing forcing you to do it. Although I do understand the urge to complete all quests in a zone (I'm generally that way myself), but there is always the option to come back to this content when you can solo it. In no way do we force you into groups to complete these things.

That being said, there has been a loud call from the community for smaller groups to be able to complete the group content. Possibly being able to solo it for lesser rewards. This is an idea that we're discussing internally.

#5 babydollz

babydollz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:03

if i am level x, in no way i can even TRY to solo certain instances in this game.

why this is wrong? because you don't know how good i am. maybe i grind real hard, maybe my equipment is really good. just let me try? no. wait until you are x level. you are weak. we know. so just go kill bugs until you get 3 more levels with no quests.

mmmmph...

you know, finished that longwinded blacksmith quest. i run all the way on foot. i have been killed by a tiger or something on the way. have i feel like quitting? no. that npc in mines asked for booze, that farmer asked for logs, i couldn't find the spesific tree around, i have been killed by a tiger or something again. i was mad. but i didn't feel like quitting. i take dragon ride back to noobtown, find those trees there, chop some, back to that city protected by tiger or something and finally!

so, i am not afraid of dying. but i hate blocks. no. tsk tsk. you low lvl. you go away. you need group.

#6 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:01

That being said, there has been a loud call from the community for smaller groups to be able to complete the group content. Possibly being able to solo it for lesser rewards. This is an idea that we're discussing internally.

I wasn't really a fan of this idea, but until a larger population arrives, it might help. I think the low population is driving most of the complaints. 

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#7 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 15:23

if i am level x, in no way i can even TRY to solo certain instances in this game.

why this is wrong? because you don't know how good i am. maybe i grind real hard, maybe my equipment is really good. just let me try? no. wait until you are x level. you are weak. we know. so just go kill bugs until you get 3 more levels with no quests.

You are level 10, you have just met the second group dungeon. You are allowed to try solo Boondocks. It's just a other thing if you manage to complete it. ALL levels got quests, even if you skip ALL group dungeons! 

tiger

Lynx*

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#8 babydollz

babydollz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 18:30

you are not allowed to solo it at level 10. and what's really stupid, you are not going there on your own, freaking quest leads you there.

and then, it tells you that you need a group. anyone around? not a soul. seen 2 guys playing in eldevin city, let alone that area. ask in world chat, beg for someone to help you? that's not me.

played many mmos, never seen anything like this. mostly, there are different modes. solo mode, normal mode, heroic mode. you play solo mode so you are done with your quest. so you don't have to kill random bugs or start an entirely different quest chain...

or, there are no modes and it's near impossible to solo it but you are allowed to try anyway. we suggest you to run this with a group, are you sure? yes! i am sure.

even certain raids are/were soloable in world of warcraft.

but you are just not allowed to run a level 10 instance at level 10 in this game. awesome, brilliant... have to wait 13 or 15 or whatever. cause by then i'll hire rambo as my pet and he will destroy em.

got it now?

Edited by babydollz, 13 May 2014 - 18:32.

#9 Linkondrugs

Linkondrugs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 May 2014 - 20:34

This is an idea that we're discussing internally.

So that means we will never see it!

Edited by LinkonDrugs, 13 May 2014 - 20:34.

Gathering:

Crystal Cutting:  49  | Fishing:  49  | Forestry:  49  | Skinning:  49  | Farming:  49  Foraging:  49  | Prospecting:   49 |

Crafting:

Alchemy: 49  Cooking:  49  | Leatherworking:  49  | Weaponsmithing:  49  | Armorsmithing:  49  | Jewelry:  49  | Tailoring: 49

5,000+ Hours Logged, Closed Beta Player, Richest Merchant Around ;D

#10 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 20:43

This is an idea that we're discussing internally.

So that means we will never see it!

lol you remember that guild system announcments eh????

"it'll should be around next update"

"it'll be late janurary early feb"

"it'll be march"

"we have no idea when it will be but it is planned AFTER all this other stuff"

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#11 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 May 2014 - 23:57

I made an alt out of total boredom and it ended up the same way. I got it to level 10 and there was absolutely no way to get a team for boondocks at that level. I attempted to grind past it with garbage gear, but soon realized that was far too much of a hindrance to level that way. The game really does force you into running instances for gear. The game does force you into doing 5 man groups for everything, especially at 45.

If I were to quit (note I am talking theoretical, which I believe is not worthy of getting deleted), it would be for a total lack of solo activities at 45.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#12 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 14:00

I for one am very happy that you are considering it, and i hope it gets implemented sooner than the time where the game reaches a point where people get bored of it.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: