Photo

Who is going to Host the new GGT & Who is going to Participate ?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2014 - 00:15

So, I think we are so close to the time of the GGT "Grand Graphics Tournament" and there is still no signs of who is going to host it and who will participate. First and important thing is finding the Host who is going to plan and organize the whole thing. I can't host it as I am still not ready for hosting the most important tournament here in the Graphics Forum, also I want to participate in it. So we have the first participant (clock96). All we need is a host first, then we start advertising about the tournament and then make the GGT auction and the tournament and I am sure we can find artists out there in FS that aren't active on the Graphics Forum. So we can make this thread "Planning for GGT thread" where we can find the host and maybe some of the participants. But it is most importantly for choosing the host as the host is the one who will plan it and bring the participants ;) Plz if you read this send it to the people you think will be interested in hosting it, some of the people I have in mind is : ghetoghost , cqinmi (again maybe ?) , treefrog , artistgorn [If they don't want to participate or have time to host it] Those are the artists I have in mind, feel free to promote other artists :) Thanks in advance for all the help :)

Volunteers for hosting so far (Plz Give your opinion and who you choose from them) :-
1-Lsrpm (1 vote)

Edited by clock96, 02 August 2014 - 16:41.

clock96.gif

#2 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2014 - 00:23

Thanks for the mention, but I said I would never host this again an I meant it. It really is a bit of a time commitment, and I'm just not active enough here anymore. I may consider making some pieces for the auction if you get this going though.

#3 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:57

I could host..I am never too busy. Im willing to put all the time that needs to be put into it to make this go well. I just dont want to commit to doing it and then not get too many particpants or have an underwhelming GGT. Been around the graphics section many years and i start to see GGT slowly dying.

uwClls8.png

#4 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:11

Thanks for the mention, but I said I would never host this again an I meant it. It really is a bit of a time commitment, and I'm just not active enough here anymore. I may consider making some pieces for the auction if you get this going though.

I totally understand :) and I appreciate that you may consider making some pieces for the GGT auction ;)

I could host..I am never too busy. Im willing to put all the time that needs to be put into it to make this go well. I just dont want to commit to doing it and then not get too many particpants or have an underwhelming GGT. Been around the graphics section many years and i start to see GGT slowly dying.

Thanks so much for volunteering, we now have the first volunteer, I can't make the decision alone though, I don't own the Graphics Forum, May I ask the other artists to post thier approval ? I don't mind you being the host myself :) Also the door is still open for anyone who wants to volunteer to host and the artists can make their decision (not sure how the hosts were selected in the past GGTs) So may I ask one of the veterans in Graphics forum here to tell us ?

Edited by clock96, 02 August 2014 - 03:20.

clock96.gif

#5 GFXGUYHALO

GFXGUYHALO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 13:08

I could possible host. I am active on the graphics forums and Graphics is my heart and soul. I have improved a lot lately because i have pushed myself further than i ever have in Graphics and that is because of this Graphics Community. But there is one downfall and that is how many people are going to compete? The forums havent been very active lately so what shall we do?

halo2sig_zps13687e76.png

Check out my Graphics Shop:

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58996

#6 ghetoghost

ghetoghost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 16:19

I can't host. I start college in less than a month. I can participate in the tournament and possibly make a few pieces for the auction but hosting is a no go for me. 

As for rpm hosting, i like that idea. If cqinmi can host it, great. If zukira wants to host it (if she returns), awesome. All three people get my vote. 

Edited by ghetoghost, 02 August 2014 - 16:25.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Live. Love. Learn. Die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Are you an artist? Want to be listed as one under the Artist Directory; click here

#7 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2014 - 16:28

I could possible host. I am active on the graphics forums and Graphics is my heart and soul. I have improved a lot lately because i have pushed myself further than i ever have in Graphics and that is because of this Graphics Community. But there is one downfall and that is how many people are going to compete? The forums havent been very active lately so what shall we do?

I wanted you to participate, I expected a lot from you in the GGT, I wanted one of the artists who no longer make Graphics to host it so we won't loose a participant, you deserve to participate, If you still want to host it it's ok but I would appreciate it if you participated, so shall I add you as a host or you changed your mind ?

clock96.gif

#8 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2014 - 16:32

I can't host. I start college in less than a month. I can participate in the tournament and possibly make a few pieces for the auction but hosting is a no go for me.
As for rpm hosting, i like that idea. If cqinmi can host it, great. If zukira wants to host it (if she returns), awesome. All three people get my vote.

Great ! You participating will sure pump up the next GGT :) I will try to PM cqinmi and Zukira and tell them to view the thread and atleast state their opinion :)

Edited by clock96, 02 August 2014 - 16:33.

clock96.gif

#9 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2014 - 16:37

Cqinmi hasn't been online in FS for more than 2 days so I think she is busy in RL and Zukira hasn't been active for about 17 days so I think they are both busy, Cqinmi told me about a month ago that it will be hard for her to host again though

clock96.gif

#10 GFXGUYHALO

GFXGUYHALO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 18:48

I wanted you to participate, I expected a lot from you in the GGT, I wanted one of the artists who no longer make Graphics to host it so we won't loose a participant, you deserve to participate, If you still want to host it it's ok but I would appreciate it if you participated, so shall I add you as a host or you changed your mind ?

Ill participate too its not like im gonna cheat for that matter is it possible to cheat in GGT

halo2sig_zps13687e76.png

#11 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2014 - 20:13

Ill participate too its not like im gonna cheat for that matter is it possible to cheat in GGT

Don't know, I only participated in the last GGT and I participated in the last few days before it started (didn't know about the Graphics forum before lol) Cqinmi was the host and she didn't participate, so don't know if the host is allowed or not, maybe he can, maybe he can't, seriously don't know, can you help us in that one, gheto ?

clock96.gif

#12 ghetoghost

ghetoghost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 20:45

Don't know, I only participated in the last GGT and I participated in the last few days before it started (didn't know about the Graphics forum before lol) Cqinmi was the host and she didn't participate, so don't know if the host is allowed or not, maybe he can, maybe he can't, seriously don't know, can you help us in that one, gheto ?

I've never seen the host participate. The host is the host, not a participant. 

Hard to cheat, easy to be corrupt. Could "accidentally" forget to add someones entry. Could text slap all your work (other artists would know). Could tally the scores wrong and "accidentally" get someone to lose. Other "accidents" could happen to, thats just a few examples.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Live. Love. Learn. Die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Are you an artist? Want to be listed as one under the Artist Directory; click here

#13 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 August 2014 - 22:18

I've never seen the host participate. The host is the host, not a participant. 

That means Halo can't host if he wants to participate, so rpm is the only volunteer for the host, does anyone else want to volunteer ? I have no problem with rpm being the host myself, maybe after determining the host, the host can go ahead and make the ads for a week about the GGT and I am sure there are tons of artists out there who want to participate but still don't know how to get into the Graphics Community.

clock96.gif

#14 Xed

Xed
  • United States of America

Posted 02 August 2014 - 23:06

I never got to participate in a GGT, and if one of you can get this going I would see what time I could conjure up and possibly participate, although I wouldn't host. I don't have the connections nor the time.

Xed.gif

Xed's Graphic Shoppe: http://forums.hunted...graphic-shoppe/

#15 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2014 - 00:05

I never got to participate in a GGT, and if one of you can get this going I would see what time I could conjure up and possibly participate, although I wouldn't host. I don't have the connections nor the time.

Great, I am pretty sure we can find more participants after the host is selected :)

clock96.gif

#16 artistgorn

artistgorn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:26

I have no idea as to why I was mentioned ....You can count me in for the auction but  not for the rest of the stuff. Thank you

Sxr2pU.png

#17 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:29

I have no idea as to why I was mentioned ....You can count me in for the auction but  not for the rest of the stuff. Thank you

I mentioned you cuz you are a greatavi maker and you have been in the graphics forum for a good while :) Thanks for willing to participate in the auction

clock96.gif

#18 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:41

Like i said willing to do it. But if you find someone better suited np. No hard feelings at all

uwClls8.png

#19 GFXGUYHALO

GFXGUYHALO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:18

That means Halo can't host if he wants to participate, so rpm is the only volunteer for the host, does anyone else want to volunteer ? I have no problem with rpm being the host myself, maybe after determining the host, the host can go ahead and make the ads for a week about the GGT and I am sure there are tons of artists out there who want to participate but still don't know how to get into the Graphics Community.

I really wanna be host this year to prove myself worthy on this forum. If i cant host because im participating then ill have to host instead. So there is now 2 people who want to be Host

halo2sig_zps13687e76.png

#20 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:11

Doesnt a host hold all the fsp from the GGT auction? Someone would have to be really trustworthy to be a host. Not sure what you are trying to prove Halo.

uwClls8.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: