Photo

Game Update 1.46

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#61 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 19:45

Glad to see the devs more active and fixing some glitches :)

As far as the experience changes go, I am neutral towards them. With the massiveness of glorious gems and the 16 character slots, I am not going to run out of things to do. I would, however, prefer to see development focused on new dungeons.

Aside from new dungeons, some things id like to see would be:

• A larger armor potion and haste potion, both of which takes shadow cores. This gives shadow cores a use after you already are done crafting your infernal weapons.
  • A buff to the valor booster substantially to make it worth using.
  • A few options to change the looks of infernal weapons. There are a number of people out there who do not like the look of the infernal weapons. The crossbow seems to get the most flak.

One thing which has been suggested numerous times is some sort of market place for trading. I am neutral to this as well. It does provide some convenience, but it also allows people to just work the market and never actually go play the game to make money. I think new dungeons should be a priority over this. Getting more people playing will do more good for the market than this.

As for level 50... I want the dungeons but I do not want level 50 unless ​it is implemented correctly. The way the stats in the game are set up, many things decrease as you gain levels. For instance, the amount of dps you get per amount of attack power, the percent of haste you get per amount of haste, and much more. Getting level 50 makes these lower than if you were level 49. Then there is also the fact that level 49s would get one stack of the pvp buff when in pvp because they would be one level below max. To make level 50s still be stronger than level 49s, some increase in stats is needed. However, the gap between the strength of gears is already huge. One experienced player with good gear and a good build can easily take on two (or more) experienced players with good builds and mediocre gear. Perhaps new gear does not even need to be made, just give everyone a small buff once they reach level 50. Something like 5 points on each of the attributes (vitality, focus, energy, sorcery, melee, and ranged).

Edited by Elrog, 30 November 2016 - 19:50.

#62 UmaTei

UmaTei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 19:59

Maybe they want all the new people to rapidly catch up to end game to generate activity there.

---

I am not seeing any new people coming out or mid levels with one character say they do not like it. Just really really really really old players.

You might have missed my post or the one above yours, new comers won't catch up but just find the game totally unbalanced from a gatherer/crafter point of view

here is what happen for low and mid level like me :

=> I don't get XP anymore from gathering in my area (+10 instead of ~70 before the patch) => i should be going in area 15 or 20 lvl above mine to get the amount of XP I was previously getting from gathering : But i have nothing to do there, no mission, nothing, I will only get killed by mobs that are too strong for me ... plus :  i won't be able to craft the mats i have gathered .... a real pity if I gather for crafting - which often goes together ... so, no I won't catch up on gathering anytime soon (Well anyway who cares about gathering XP after all, as the patch half-killed the gathering skill you can now stop around lvl 25-30)

=> skinning/leatherworking is ruined, it's totally useless unless you are 20 lvl higher in leatherworking than in skinning (who the hell can be happy to loot mats lvl48 on a lvl20 mob ?? are any player lvl 48 in leatherworking while having a general lvl of 20 ?! I doubt that kind of player exists !) I will have to skin lvl 7 to 10 mob untill I reach lvl 32 in leatherworking ? how funny can that be ? so no way I will catch up on that, I will just abandon leatherworking as I don't like chain-killing mobs that are 20 lvl under mine ...

To sum it up, I think the player-base of this game is quite high-level and can't mesure how the game has become unplayable for low and mid level new comers that enjoyed gathering or crafting, and as we seem to be only a bunch around, I fear the devs won't really care, which it is sad because I started to love this game ...

#63 ramierz

ramierz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 20:01

What do you mean further ;)

further = help the progress or development of something promote

Edited by ramierz, 30 November 2016 - 20:02.

#64 Rurik

Rurik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 20:11

Exactly, UmaTei.

#65 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 21:02

Ok thanks for the feedback guys, we're discussing it and we'll maybe make some further improvements :)

If this was an improvement, I can't wait to see what comes next laugh.png

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#66 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 November 2016 - 22:30

an easier way to fix the xp issue would have been a character or account bound xp gem for helmet or gloves ... like a flat %age more xp .. just that .. and it gives u more xp for killing mobs or quests maybe crafting as well .. but to make it fair to the supporters who get 25% more xp on this stuff, the value be lowered .. is a rough idea i have .. just my 2 cents .. not sure how fair it is .. but this gives the option to lower lvl players to maybe go try fusing some gems and stuff ?

#67 Wilbrand

Wilbrand

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:55

"and since you get less exp for gathering lower tier items than your current tier cap the grind will be massive for new players trying to level stuff up together with their crafting professions/skills."

Agreed. I'm encountering this problem. I didn't necessarily mind grinding to level up before the update. Now it really feels burdensome. 

Edited by BaronZimm, 01 December 2016 - 02:56.

#68 RsShadow

RsShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:45

Ok thanks for the feedback guys, we're discussing it and we'll maybe make some further improvements :)

Once again I can just thank you and the team for at least taking an interest in Eldevin and trying your best, Mojawk :) It is hard to satisfy all of us but I do agree with the other players that most are unbalanced now. A lot of the fun and personal achievement is lost now 

#69 Wilbrand

Wilbrand

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 13:50

It doesn't hurt to test new ideas. The important thing is that Eldevin is getting some tlc. No worries. Eldevin is an awesome game and this mage is here to stay. Thanks for making time for an update and for listening to our opinions. 

Edited by BaronZimm, 01 December 2016 - 13:53.

#70 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 December 2016 - 15:20

=> I don't get XP anymore from gathering in my area (+10 instead of ~70 before the patch)

This was unintentional I believe and we will look into tweaking that. If there's any specific suggestions please let us know in a ticket marked as a suggestion as we can't read every forum post. Changes that are easily made could be patched into the game for a future update.

We have quite a few main quests that, probably mistakenly, ask players for crafted or gathered materials. So we aimed to lower those boundaries for users who don't gather or craft to be able to complete the main quests. Do people enjoy quests asking for gathered, crafted ingredients that are part of main quests or do people get frustrated?

#71 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 15:29

Agreeing with most people here - I can gather items that are well in advance of my crafting skill levels, so leveling gathering skills feels pointless except for dailies. Locations to skin for dailies are less convenient - before rats could be skinned for low-level dailies and slugs for ham, etc. Now rats can be skinned for ham but you have to go way out of Eldevin City for low level skinning dailies or leather. I'm pretty sure pigs are the only creature that give low-level leather-making materials and soft meat. It makes more sense to have to travel for higher-level dailies, and even then the sewer provides access to higher-level skinning.

Being able to obtain items at level 5, 10, etc. but not process them until level 16. 24, etc. is disorienting. Why bother collecting the items if we cannot do anything with them? It means most of us will spend the time gathering and discarding, which is dull, rather than putting materials toward crafting levels.

Otherwise, it is frustrating that farming and tailoring are essentially left out of the changes. It skews the game badly against farming and tailoring, which makes it more difficult for mages and prophets to get their final armor. At low levels people can gather rare pelts and ores for final armors, which is useful to guilds trying to outfit members, but the same is not true for ethereal fibers. I favor keeping the rare pelts and ores difficult to obtain so they remain valuable in the game economy rather than making ethereal fibers obtainable at lower levels.

#72 Osprey

Osprey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 15:36

We have quite a few main quests that, probably mistakenly, ask players for crafted or gathered materials. So we aimed to lower those boundaries for users who don't gather or craft to be able to complete the main quests. Do people enjoy quests asking for gathered, crafted ingredients that are part of main quests or do people get frustrated?

As a quest enthusiast, sometimes I became frustrated, but that changed over time. It adds some challenge to the game - now that I have reached lvl 49 I am putting time into crafting and gathering so I can complete some of the storyline quests. It also became part of being in a guild - for low-level crafting quests there is a lot of resource-sharing so low level players can complete their quests and gain xp. I personally find it more frustrating to be able to suddenly gather most of the items for quests I couldn't complete but not all (farming levels vs all other gathering levels) or craft items for quests requiring crafted items even though I can obtain the materials I need to craft the item. Overall I think the negative impacts on crafters outweighs the positive impacts on questers.

(excuse the double post)

Edited by Osprey, 01 December 2016 - 15:37.

#73 RussianRoulette

RussianRoulette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 16:13

Patch Notes

• Increased the experience reward granted for completing all quest. [OK]
  • Slightly increased the experience gained from gathering resources. [OK]
  • The skill level required for gathering resources has been reduced significantly. [NOT OK]
  • Greatly increased the experience gained for crafting. [FINALLY]

Increase the chance to find money and loot after killing an enemy, because the percentages are pretty damn low and unprofitable, and do not forget that there is the equipment to be repaired which is not to be underestimated!

We also need a system to sell / buy products easily, similar to Runescape (Great Exchange), because I HATE spam in chat!

Edited by PaulKersey, 01 December 2016 - 16:21.

Mi piace la pizza.

#74 gotan

gotan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 17:58

This was unintentional I believe and we will look into tweaking that. If there's any specific suggestions please let us know in a ticket marked as a suggestion as we can't read every forum post. Changes that are easily made could be patched into the game for a future update.

There is more than one unintended consequence of this update. The overall impact is that the game economy has been decimated. Not being negative about HC willingness to reinvigorate Eldvin.. thanks for that! but please carefully vet changes and publish before implementing.

Before the update there are only a handful of quests that called for gathering items/mats  that were beyond the level of the questing player. in virtually all cases players were able to obtain these items easily by posting in world chat or seeking them from guild members.  A happy bi-product of this practice is that it encourages players to interact with one another.

Imo frustration in leveling Gathering and Crafting comes from the fact that u level very rapidly up to approximately level 20 then it slows down to a mind numbing grind until around level 40 and then suddenly picks up again.  For gathering professions i attribute this to the diminishing XP value of lower level items within each profession and the not so rapid increase in value of each new item enabled as one levels up within a profession.

Gathering and Crafting would be far more interesting if there were profitable  uses for gathered and crafted items short of level 45... unfortunately, as things stand now, the only incentive for most gathering and crafting is to eventually reach the highest level. Many players simply refrain from levelling professions and rely on other players to gather or craft for them.

With all this said, thanks to HC for giving the most awesome Eldevin some attention.

#75 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 December 2016 - 19:51

i know a few players out there with max professions that would give these items free, all the players had to do was ask in world chat

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#76 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 December 2016 - 20:45

This was unintentional I believe and we will look into tweaking that.

Good to hear :D

Maybe make it so that tier X mats still give good XP until the old level of the next tier.

It was 1/8/16/24/32/40/48 or 1/16/32/48. So things like copper (gathering ore, and making bars and ingots), lithistle (logs and timber) and amethyst (quartz and stones) could give good XP until level 16; green apples and stickleback could give XP until level 8; bronze until level 32. No matter that you can mine bronze and chop lithistle at level 5 already.

You get the gist. ;)

And the next tier mats give the same XP as the lower one, but keep giving good XP until the old next tier.

So bronze gives the same XP for level 5-15 as copper, and keeps giving decent XP until level 32. Iron gives the same XP as copper and bronze for level 10-15, the same as bronze for level 16-31, and keeps giving good XP for level 32-47. Silver in turn gives the same XP as bronze and iron for level 20-31, the same as iron for level 32-47, and at level 48+ it keeps giving good XP.

The places to gather mats hasn't changed for any profession except for skinning. The new levels cause some problems as people who level up skinning with their own level simply have no use for the mats at all. The nice thing about skinning was that it could be done together with other common activities such as questing and levelling. Perhaps changing it back to the old system, but adding a few exceptional level 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 20 creatures that can be hunted for each tier of meat. Hides can be common for their level (mostly tier 1, level 20 creature tier 2) because only meat is required for quests; not leather or hides.

Just some of my ideas. ;)

I doubt it was a mistake as it has been like this for years and it gave people incentives to level up professions. People can also ask others (on the world chat) for these materials and some people give them away for free.

In the early days of Eldevin it was harder to find someone with the required materials because fewer people had levelled their professions yet. But nowadays plenty of people have the required profession levels.

An addition that would help people finding the materials would be an Auction House (can be supply or demand driven; personally I think an AH that has both is best but that is besides this topic). People who do the quests can go to the AH and buy the lithistle logs, bronze bars, bass, blueberries or ribs they need.

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#77 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 December 2016 - 20:55

Glad to see the devs more active and fixing some glitches :)

As far as the experience changes go, I am neutral towards them. With the massiveness of glorious gems and the 16 character slots, I am not going to run out of things to do. I would, however, prefer to see development focused on new dungeons.

Aside from new dungeons, some things id like to see would be:

• A larger armor potion and haste potion, both of which takes shadow cores. This gives shadow cores a use after you already are done crafting your infernal weapons.
  • A buff to the valor booster substantially to make it worth using.
  • A few options to change the looks of infernal weapons. There are a number of people out there who do not like the look of the infernal weapons. The crossbow seems to get the most flak.

One thing which has been suggested numerous times is some sort of market place for trading. I am neutral to this as well. It does provide some convenience, but it also allows people to just work the market and never actually go play the game to make money. I think new dungeons should be a priority over this. Getting more people playing will do more good for the market than this.

these are good ideas.  i barely use valor boosters.  as you need to gather MULTIPLE tokens in ta and then take a potion otherwise they are all but useless.  as for the infernal weapons looks?  i think they are more than a bit plain.  every game has weapons wit skulls in them.    but if you rework what the inf weapons look like (oh the thrown wep is awesome tho) then you need to work on the 49 armor a bit.  add more colors and make the leather and ramie armors not look identical with barely even any color differences.  and all the helmets are the same dang shape.  the heavy armor is perhaps the better looking, but i don't like silver and green (the green ranger armor i thought was awesome tho)

auction house i agree with you there as well

they need to be done right as well.  like putting a max gold or ep level on something.  it can easily be used for storage.  maybe some way to flag an item that people are sticking in there to save space?

#78 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 December 2016 - 21:00

stupid thing didn;'t show i posted deleting the copy

Edited by Debrutsid, 01 December 2016 - 21:02.

#79 RsShadow

RsShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 21:08

As a player that loves to quest I do get frustrated if I can't get the mats myself yes and for that the lowering was good and I could see why it was done and for that I thank you :) Then again the impact it had on the players that just likes to grind skills and not combat it was rather devastating.

As I said before it is hard to please all of us players but you and the team are trying and for that I thank you once again, ElleTee :)

#80 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 December 2016 - 22:04

i know a few players out there with max professions that would give these items free, all the players had to do was ask in world chat

Yep,i get lower mats and give them for free to low levels, so the tweaks make even less sense, but on another issue about the update, what are the devs doing about the exploiters that used the TA dupe bug? in what way are they going to be punished? they already probably made shedloads of EP, gems etc from trading.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: