Photo

Game Update 1.46

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#81 Tamrath

Tamrath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:14

I'm very grateful to see some work being done on this great game.

Most of what I want to say has already been said, especially the post by Steve was excellent.

I have been playing it (as supporter) since the start. However, even though I'm grateful to see that you guys care, this update is simply bad and in the end will destroy the game totally.

In a way giving more experience, I can live with. But taking the challenge out of leveling your skills, and getting level 49 hard hides and shank from a level 25-49 creature makes no sense to me.

So a rollback or some serious tweaking is needed.

I do however have one suggestion, which was made also by someone else and which should not take long to develop. Give higer level stones for Valor, this would make that more people go after the chests again and give a boost to TA.

The last thing I want to say. This is still a great game, I love it and I love the community that comes with it. Lost of great people here. This might not be the biggest game around, the community we have you won't find anywhere else

#82 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 16:11

I do however have one suggestion, which was made also by someone else and which should not take long to develop. Give higer level stones for Valor, this would make that more people go after the chests again and give a boost to TA.

yes and that be more to enter ta to do daily PL and getting (took long time to made PL on 5 players)

#83 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 December 2016 - 17:11

As a player that loves to quest I do get frustrated if I can't get the mats myself yes and for that the lowering was good and I could see why it was done and for that I thank you :) Then again the impact it had on the players that just likes to grind skills and not combat it was rather devastating.

As I said before it is hard to please all of us players but you and the team are trying and for that I thank you once again, ElleTee :)

How about the option to gather 10 times any level mat per day?

That way you can get about 20 quest materials per day even if you do not have the required level.

Or if that makes it a bit too easy we can have the option to gather 10 times materials of 1 or 2 tiers above your current level.

That should make quests less frustrating and also not mess up professions too much.

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#84 Rurik

Rurik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 17:33

I don't understand why the gathering needs to be tweaked at all. It was already pointless to grind gathering, because, as numerous people have pointed out, you could gather items far above your crafting level. And for the others, like Bass for a quest you get in the teens, you can easily ask for and get. Took me about 5 minutes..

There are tons of games that CCW can finish in a few months and move on. There are only a few that require dedication and effort. This was one. It was also one of the very few where crafting was even slightly separated from combat.

Making this into Candy Crush in hopes of getting millions of players seems to me just makes the struggle for customers that much harder.

The forum (and other websites) are filled with complaints about the lack of end-game interest. Yet the dev work was done on a system that was not really broken. I don't understand...

#85 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:05

Laptop is broken so I can't check :( but is the new level system 1 to 20 the same exp as the old 1 to 20? Or same exp required as before as in 1 to 49?

Or did they just change the required levels from mobs? I'm so confused now lol.

Edited by Spirit, 04 December 2016 - 01:17.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#86 Mithrellas

Mithrellas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:57

I my not have as much experience playing Eldevin as the others in this post, but i have been playing Eldevin for a while so i know the basics. I was excited for this update as it was the first update in quite a while and i believed the rumors of Eldevin being disbanded were false. with some new updates rolling around. After messing around with the features of v1.46 here's what i have to say about the update.

What should stay:

*Increased the experience reward granted for completing all quest. 
*Greatly increased the experience gained for crafting.
*Added a message to visit battle mage chris with directions if the player has not completed the "Trial of the Champions" quest.
*Fixed an issue with “A Growing Epidemic” which would sometimes not allow players to engage Bruce.
*Fixed an issue with “Librarian Transformed” which would sometimes not advance the quest during the transform cut-scene if other players nearby did not have the quest. 

*Fixed an issue where the Zebra mount would not display correctly and make problems when trying to switch mounts.
*Fixed an issue where the Festive Horse made players bald!
*Fixed a bug where casting Redemption repeatedly would never correctly de-buff the target.
*Fixed a bug where toggling your hood would not check if the player was already busy.
*Fixed a bug where in some cases teleporting to a destroyed realm would leave the player invisible.
*Fixed a bug where items dropped in TA could be duplicated.

What should be reverted to what it originally was:

*The skill level required for gathering resources has been reduced significantly.
*Slightly increased the experience gained from gathering resources.

Overall this was a good update with some major fixes to some bugs to the game, but as everyone has already stated the gathering/crafting aspects to it have to be changed. Obviously the skill level to gather resources being reduced to get new players in was a massive gut punch to all the people who spent countless hours grinding to get that sweet level 49 in gathering. A way to fix this would be to let players gather the required items for the quests needed for a one time only in the quest and then revert it back to normal after. But with the special items players can craft, they would have to work their own way to the level for the crafted items to get their desired item, cause that clearly takes the fun out it. As i saw a lot of people discussing, improving the gathering/crafting XP is a bad idea as it puts the people down spent their time gaining the levels. However for the players who are leveling up their crafting can agree that their level for their crafting was significantly lower than the gathering, which meant even if their skinning was lv 49 their leatherworking would be lv 42 (estimate). In saying that i believe the increase to gathering resources should be reverted as it just contradicted to what i just stated.

Even though this is Hunted Cow's way of making the game easier for new players it could have been handled in a way which made everyone happy. As it's clear we know that Eldevin's life span is inevitably ending, i don't want it to be remembered as a game which pushed people away as it came to a close.I want to remember the good times we all shared as a community. Hopefully this is all patched soon as i have nothing to do on it now. And where has the OC server gone? now i have to lag on the US server (i could go into detail but don't have the time).

These are just my personal thoughts on the update and be taken into account.  

JAG

#87 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2016 - 18:09

We're planning a patch along with the launch of the festive update that will re-balance the crafting levels to a middle ground.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#88 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 20:01

I would suggest that HCS continue with fixing bugs and hopefully work on further content, but return the xp gains for questing, gathering and crafting and also skill levels back to their previous settings.

If players want to gain in any of these sectors faster, there are ways already in place to achieve this, without making the game easier.

A. They can become a supporter and get 25% increased experience gain and 25% increased profession experience gain.

B. Put the character in a rested xp area such as the golden tankard to gain rested xp ( up to 50% for non supporters, 100% for supporters).

C. Buy an experience booster of various sizes

D. Buy a skill booster (minor or standard)

Supporter status and buying potions with EP are some of the main income generators for HCS, but by making the game easier, alot less people will do this.

Please return it back to how it was :)

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#89 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:08

So i see finally update after year and hafe sadly not looking good for me log in for as is! thanks for update sadly not bring me back yet! AH / Auction house player market might log in, So far from what i can see all this did was kill limited market on trading and leveling skills market bad move! Still waiting on update of level 50 or minimal of something useful to do!

Completed all DGN 100+ times Killed World boss/Raid boss/CC boss so forth not much left other then leveling gems end of day still nothing to do, try exploring nothing to be found wondering maps, Rare's so forth have no worth!

Still be waiting for update bring me back!

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#90 swordhands

swordhands

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:57

We're planning a patch along with the launch of the festive update that will re-balance the crafting levels to a middle ground.

I am not sure what is going on at this moment been many hours to fix a patch for level restrictions and start festive event.. hit us up with deadline please.

Edited by swordhands, 13 December 2016 - 05:58.

Swordhands *Forza Italia*Visit my Store on Forums *(Swordhand's Shop)* :D

Swordhands - *Main* Lvl 49 Warsin - Skyheart - Lvl 49 Proph

King_Pin - Lvl 49 Prophtank - GangnamStyle - Lvl 49 Sinwar

#91 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:39

what ever happened to this from January 2016